Jayhawks in the NBA

Kansas Basketball.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Jawhawks in the NBA

Post by pdub »

“I feel really bad for LeBron that people talk about that as much as they do. It’s just an asinine assertion that he was a shadow GM. LeBron was one of many people on the team who we talked to, it just so happens he’s a basketball savant. You wouldn’t be doing your job if you didn’t talk to him about the pieces you might want to bring to the franchise. And he’s going to be an alpha leader in the locker room, and if he feels comfortable with certain players you’re bringing in, his opinion matters. So the ‘LeBron is the GM, all-powerful, in charge of the franchise’ idea is, to me, preposterous.”
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Who said that?

David Blatt?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

So it's just a coincidence that the same things keep happening around Bron, regardless of who is the putative GM?
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:29 am So it's just a coincidence that the same things keep happening around Bron, regardless of who is the putative GM?
What things? Making a shit load of nba finals and being a contender nearly every year? Or do we just ignore those so we can focus on JR Smith being signed for a few months because Avery Bradley decided it wasnt worth the risk to come to Orlando?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:24 am
jfish26 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:29 am So it's just a coincidence that the same things keep happening around Bron, regardless of who is the putative GM?
What things? Making a shit load of nba finals and being a contender nearly every year? Or do we just ignore those so we can focus on JR Smith being signed for a few months because Avery Bradley decided it wasnt worth the risk to come to Orlando?
It happens just about every single year - he surrounds himself with mostly-washed buddies, often from the same rotating cast.

The fact that he makes a shit load of NBA finals and plays for a contender nearly every year is a testament to his greatness as a player...not a pseudo-GM.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

How often does a player control his own destiny? Isn’t that usually up to the GMs?

And I know that is a certain privilege that comes with superstardom, and other superstars have done it, but has a player ever exercised that privilege quite like Lebron?

The only time he wasn’t the one to pick his team, and have at least substantial say in the rest of the roster, was when he got drafted.
Deleted User 310

Did pdub reveal who his quote was from yet? My gut says it is someone much more knowledgeable and qualified to speak on it than us.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

it was prob Lebron speaking in third person
Deleted User 310

ousdahl wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:27 am How often does a player control his own destiny? Isn’t that usually up to the GMs?
Pretty often when you are a top 5 player in the world. You dont think KD is getting to give input on roster decisions and who is going to be their next coach?

Kobe even got Shaq traded. That is much more drastic than any move lebron has ever influenced.

Who besides James Jones (who hardly even played) and now JR Smith (which will literally be a rest of the year thing and then it is over) have played in multiple cities with Lebron?

In my opinion, and maybe i am wrong, i think for a lot of people the negative feelings about lebron as a GM all stem from Wiggins getting traded for Love and people being salty about it because wiggins is a jayhawk.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

David Griffin.
Deleted User 310

pdub wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:42 pmDavid Griffin.
Pssh. What would he know!?!?

Probably just trying to suck up so lebron would hire him again.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:30 pm Did pdub reveal who his quote was from yet? My gut says it is someone much more knowledgeable and qualified to speak on it than us.
It was walrus. So, listen up pal.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:30 pm Did pdub reveal who his quote was from yet? My gut says it is someone much more knowledgeable and qualified to speak on it than us.
This could be said about just about every opinion/comment given in any fan board, KU or other, everywhere.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

About every opinion/comment, correct, except for mine.
Deleted User 141

jfish26 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:54 am
It happens just about every single year - he surrounds himself with mostly-washed buddies, often from the same rotating cast.

The fact that he makes a shit load of NBA finals and plays for a contender nearly every year is a testament to his greatness as a player...not a pseudo-GM.
So, like Adam Sandler movies, they were entertaining at first, but then mostly drol?

Perhaps a new, on-demand type basketball league will start up, and Lebrun will once again become compelling.

Maybe TBT 5 years or so after he retires? Playing with his son?
Deleted User 141

pdub wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:00 am About every opinion/comment, correct, except for mine.
No one is gonna question The Wizard, who loves The Wiz.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Copy a line of the quote and then paste it into a Google search. I have faith that you can figure it out yourself in less time than the above post took to type.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Gqcolorado wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:10 am
jfish26 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:54 am

So, like Adam Sandler movies, they were entertaining at first, but then mostly drol?

Deleted User 310

twocoach wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:54 pm
Copy a line of the quote and then paste it into a Google search. I have faith that you can figure it out yourself in less time than the above post took to type.
Good lord. That was a week ago....and he already told us the answer.