Grandma's 5 Questions for whenever you choose to answer them...

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 289

Grandma's 5 Questions for whenever you choose to answer them...

Post by Deleted User 289 »

1) If 25 years ago someone told me that 2020 would be exactly what it's been for me, my city, my state, and my country, I would have told them to make sure I die in 2019. I'm being 100% serious.
Of course a lot of people have it worse off than I do. I get it and I am sympathetic.
All that being said, on a scale of 0-100 (0 being not shitty at all and 100 being the shittiest possible) rate how shitty 2020 has been for you.

2) As gray and not black and white as it is, I'll make this one a yes or no.
The MLB, NBA, and NHL are all going to try and play the remainder of their seasons in the next couple of months. The NFL is planning on starting the 2020 season.
Do you believe ANY of the 4 "major" professional team sports will start and finish the remainder of their season/s exactly as they have planned for the rest of 2020? Maybe we should eliminate MLB from the question because it's already having big issues (Marlins and their opponents).

3) If you had an opportunity to piss and/or take a shit on Donald Trump's grave with zero repercussions - would you do it?

4) Name a cartoon TV show that you would consider to be among your 5 favorites.

5) I have mad respect for COMPETENT and caring health care workers - from the people who clean toilets in the hospital to the surgeons who perform the most complex of surgeries.
Problem is I feel there are people who somehow miraculously graduated whatever schooling and training they received - and should NOT have. I'll spare the details of what I have had to deal with and get right to the question.
Do you feel there are more than 5% of doctors and nurses who absolutely should not have graduated med school?

* EDIT - I edited #3
Last edited by Deleted User 289 on Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 310

Re: Grandma's 5 Questions for whenever you choose to answer them...

Post by Deleted User 310 »

1) 10...working from home is nice. Seeing my kids a ton is awesome. I get to golf a lot. My job hasn't changed. I never spent time in bar. Rarely out to eat with 2 kids. The impacts to my life have been minimal and there have been some awesome aspects of being home a lot.
2) Yes. Nba will get their season complete. My guess is they are the only league to succeed.
3) No.
4) Spirit recently because that is what my kids watch...but always been a fan of king of the hill.
5) No. I'd guess it is a much lower % than that.
Deleted User 289

1. 70
2. No
3. Yes
4. Family Guy
5. I am going to say..... Maybe. I believe at least 5% either cheated on some tests and/or blew their professors. That doesn't mean they shouldn't have graduated but they didn't really learn what they should have.
There are some nurses who I think would struggle to spell the word doctor.
There are some doctors who I question if I have as much if not more medical knowledge on some aspects of "medicine" as they have. I have actually had to correct two doctors in the past 48 hours.
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

Grandma wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:05 pm 5. I am going to say..... Maybe. I believe at least 5% either cheated on some tests and/or blew their professors.
That’d be useful if they became head doctors.
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

1. 69
2. NBA has a good chance. MLS has shown way.
3. No
4. Star Blazers
5. I dunno.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

1. 79 - Jan-Mar a 20
2. Exactly? No. NBA comes close.
3. Hm. He’s already dead? Or if I choose this he dies like right now and then I get/have to piss on it? The former meh, he’s gone, peeing on a grave doesn’t do anything. The latter, leaning towards yes, but I also kinda wanna see him get blown out this election.
4. Simpsons
5. Yea
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

1. 50. Im still working (good and bad) i have young kids so i dont go anywhere much anyway. On the negative side we arent going to get to see either of our grandparents or parents this year. My buddies buckin bash got cancelled, bummer for him money wise and i was scheduled to pull chutes which is a good time. Also they cancelled the big town rodeo which provides massive amounts of income for the city and city businesses. I was also sposed to be on the fence crew for that week.

2. Nope
3. No
4. Spirit or the Simpsons
5. Absolutely
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

1) We're healthy and employed. Would like to go to a movie or something. I can't really complain though.
2) Not a chance.
3) No
4) Bugs Bunny, Tom & Jerry
5) Probably
Broham
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Top 5 cartoons:
Simpsons, South Park, Archer, Batman: The Animated Series, Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Just missed the cut: Family Guy, Sealab 2021, Samurai Jack, TMNT, XMen
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Top 2 cartoons
Bugs Bunny, Tom & Jerry
Broham
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

1. Been shitty, but the opportunity to see KU and the Chiefs finish 1 did not suck. Tragic deaths, Trump and his minions have sucked mightily. But the end of the Trump McConnell disaster should steel our resilience. 55
2. No. A watered down product of available athletes doesn’t count to me.
3. No. Hoping he is ushered back into the fiery pit whence he came after Hitler’s death.
4. Archer
5. Ben Carson says pyramid. Man. Camera. Woman. And then stares blankly at the test.
Wiff

Post by Wiff »

1. 100 solely due to KU missing its chance to bring home the banner. Other than that, I'd say 5.
2. Nope.
3. No. He never mattered to me as a person before he was president, and he still doesn't. Politics are for the petulant.
4. Family Guy or F Is For Family.
5. If it is anything like law school, then there are absolutely WAY more than 5%.
Ain't no seats
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

3. RIP GG Allin?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Also I enjoy Beavis and Butthead, and Daria too.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Maybe some day I’ll respond to all 5 questions, but now it’ll just be one at a time, whenever I choose to answer them.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Answer the last question with your 10,000th post.
Wiff

Post by Wiff »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:12 pm 3. RIP GG Allin?
"You didn't pay attention In '93 when GG was doin his last tour, he didn't show up. And when you wanna show up for a tour... you FUCKED up in '93. fuckin' poison cock sucker"
Ain't no seats
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

pdub wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:35 pm Answer the last question with your 10,000th post.
Oh man.

On the .net I held out at 9999 for a few weeks trying to come up with some badass post to drop.

I was gonna wait all the way to selection Sunday and start an official ousdahl guarantees a final four thread, with caps lock and everything. My 10000th post would have been “but it’s not gonna happen unless you guys pony up 10000 POTDS.”

This was spring 2018, and whaddya know, we made a final four! But in hindsight I’m glad I didn’t do it. It coulda been a strong strong post and a really good thread, but what if you guys didn’t pony up enough potds? I didn’t want to risk a final four on that.

Besides, I didn’t wanna wait til selection Sunday. I got bored of not posting, and one day all you guys were on the satellite bored posting about me not posting, and I just kinda started posting again.

The 10000th post itself was some dumb meta something about the 10000th post and was such a big deal and didn’t wanna blow it. Then I promptly followed up 10001 with, “oh god damnit.”

It got one potd.
Deleted User 289

Anyone recall when I was on the original .com and I started making posts with just a single number so I could get to some milestone number? I think I may have made as many as 100 consecutive posts with just a single number. I'll give you an example.

Last edited by Deleted User 289 on Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 289