Grandma's 5 Questions for 8/4/20

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 289

Grandma's 5 Questions for 8/4/20

Post by Deleted User 289 »

1. If you have a pet, have you ever spoken to your pet and referred to yourself or your significant other as mommy or daddy?

2. I posted on the random thread that a kid (14 years old) drowned in Lake Michigan last night and I was watching the "recovery" out my window. Kids will be kids but there were many warnings telling people to NOT go in the lake yesterday and anyone with working eyes could see how rough the conditions were.
Apparently the kid and 3 of his friends decided to swim in the lake anyways. I truly feel bad and sympathetic but let's be honest - the kids were fucking dumb.
The city had Fire and Police Department boats and divers searching for him, there were two helicopters, one I believe a police helicopter and the other one was a coast guard helicopter.
Many people (who were doing what they get paid to do) were putting their lives on the line searching for this kid. I honestly don't know the answer (although I have a good idea) to this and I am torn. If one of the "professional" people searching for the kid had died, would the kid's family have any legal liability?

3. I had a dream about a female friend last night. It was a good dream. If it was my last dream ever and I never woke up - I would have died a happy man.
You have a choice. You could live another 20 years in very good health and die in your sleep or you could live another 35 years but have some major surgery/surgeries and health issue/s that at least somewhat affect your "quality of life" for at least 10 of those 35 years. Which do you choose?

4. My mother is currently at a rehab facility (fractured pelvis) and there is someone who works there that is completely worthless. She's fucked up multiple things. Some things that are critical to my mother's care. Yesterday was the straw that broke this camel's back and it was something that was completely UNforgivable.
It was MAJOR fuckup. No accountability, no apology, no remorse - from the person.
Thankfully last night I received a couple of phone calls and plenty of apologies, accountability, and remorse from her "supervisor" and another staff member. I received another one this morning.
Anyways, during what took place yesterday I was so pissed off that I said to the front desk people (they won't let me go in because of the virus) "I'm so mad at Carmelita I would fucking strangle her right now if I could". Yes, I lost my shit. Front desk people had a "This boy ain't playin" look on their faces.
I don't know if they (front desk people) expressed my sentiment to anyone but do you feel it would be grounds to kick my mother out of the facility? Be honest.

5. You win a contest in which you get to suit up for the KU Basketball team for one game in Allen and you get to play exactly 1 minute of playing time. You have a choice of one of the following jersey numbers. Which do you choose?
a) 0
b) 69
c) 100
d) 13
Deleted User 310

Re: Grandma's 5 Questions for 8/4/20

Post by Deleted User 310 »

1. No
2. No
3. Since i have kids i would take the 35 with 10 bad years over the 20 with no bad years.
4. No
5. 0
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

1. No
2. No. Part of the risk of being in that role.
3. Same as Illinois. With kids I'm going to live the max that I can.
4. No
5. 13. Any time you get to play at Kansas and wear 13, it's special.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 289

1. I don't have a pet but I am confident the majority (50.1% or more) of pet owners do as such.

2. Difficult to answer. I say the family should not. I do feel if the kid was found alive and someone died while searching for him - he should face some legal repercussions. I say that being that there were warnings and people were told NOT to enter the water.

3. I would be just fine if I would die in my sleep in the next 20 DAYS.
Hope I die (peacefully) before I get old.

4. If I was able to enter the facility - probably yes. Since I am not - probably no.
I'm still just a bit ticked off that the person themself has not reached out to me to apologize.
My guess is they have been told not to speak with me - nor deal with my mother anymore.

5. I think I would have to go with 0.
Deleted User 289

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:23 am 1. No
2. No. Part of the risk of being in that role.
3. Same as Illinois. With kids I'm going to live the max that I can.
4. No
5. 13. Any time you get to play at Kansas and wear 13, it's special.
#5. Embarrassing confession time. I was on the phone as I was typing the choices and dumbass me didn't think about Wilt wearing 13.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

1. My pet calls me Daddy
2. No
3. It’s better to burn out than to fade away, or whatever. Also break up with her
4. Did you get any full body pics of Carmelita?
5. 100 among those choices. But if I was a high profile athlete my jersey number would be 12. I always liked it cuz it’s the biggest number that’s still only one syllable.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

1. No. But I can't say that my blowup doll hasn't said that before.
2. No.
3. Break up with her.
4. Carmelita is a dumb name.
5. b
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

1. Absolutely
2. No, assumption of risk
3. 35
4. Not your mother, but you maybe
5. D
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

pdub wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:19 am 1. No. But I can't say that my blowup doll hasn't said that before.
2. No.
3. Break up with her.
4. Carmelita is a dumb name.
5. b
What’s she do for a living, anyway?

Nurse, or cheerleader?

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

She's a missionary.