Grandma's 5 Questions for 8/12/20

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 289

Grandma's 5 Questions for 8/12/20

Post by Deleted User 289 »

1. You order a burger (meat/vegggie/"impossible"/whatever) from your favorite burger place. Imagine they have any and every possible "topping"/"condiment". What do you have them put on the burger?

2. Give me a number between 0 and 1 billion.

3. Biden wins the election. He reaches out to you and invites you and a guest to his first official White House State Dinner. He tells you he will invite any other TWO people in the USA who you have never met and they will sit next to you and your guest at the table. Who do you choose?

4. Last night I did some deep thinking while watching the sunset. I don't believe in God as most people believe in him/her/it. Yet, looking out my window I thought about what I was seeing and that somehow the Sun and the Earth and the Moon and the stars and the sky and the lake (oceans) came in to existence. I don't believe they have existed "forever". So I pondered if this is all NOT real, etc. No, I was not tripping or high - I was overthinking something I simply can't explain and don't know what to believe.
Anyways, when I looked out my windows and stopped overthinking, it was a "zen" like moment in which I was in a very "tranquil" state of mind.
If you can remember, where have you been, where you took in your surroundings, that you felt was the most "zen"/"tranquil" place? My guess is you think of numerous places. If so, feel free to name them all.

5. Which of the following is the WORST song?
a) Happy Birthday
b) Row Your Boat
c) Star Spangled Banner
d) Hokey Pokey
e) MacArthur Park
f) It's A Small World
g) Barbara Ann
h) Barney Theme Song
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Grandma's 5 Questions for 8/12/20

Post by pdub »

1. What goes on my hamburger is a mood thing. Sometimes i'll just go just ketchup, mustard. Sometimes I'll load it. Since this place has every possible topping, i'd load it - ketchup, brown mustard, BBQ sauce, pickles, red onion ( slightly grilled ), cheddar cheese, bacon ( burger salted, peppered, red pepper flakes ).
2. 988 million.
3. gutter and ChalkRocker.
4. That kind of feeling is always around the quiet of nature for me - i've felt it a lot - most recently at Acadia national park.
5. Row your boat - makes me think of choir in early elementary school.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

1. If the meat is good and properly cooked then just cheese, bacon and a tiny bit if ketchup

2. 12

3. Donald Trump and Bill Self

4. Lots of places, everytime i elk hunt, any time i camp. Theres more to this game than just us but ill be damned if my brain can decipher what thay might be

5. Small world
Just Ledoux it
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

1. Cheese
2. Apery's constant
3. Politely decline
4. I don't believe I've ever felt zen
5. Happy Birthday - because you have to participate and it's awkward to begin. But the correct answer is Boomer Sooner.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

1) Lately, I've been going more basic on my burgers. Maybe just a slice of onion if it's a really good burger.
2) 4
3) Gutter and his X
4) Hanging out at a lake in Minnesota with my kid and her kid.
5) It's a small world. And if it gets stuck in my head, I'm coming after Gutter.
Broham
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

1. Spicy Mayo, Jalapenos, Pepper jack cheese, tomatoes, bacon, light lettuce.
2. 11 (Favorite number)
3. I feel like we've had a very similar question before. Undecided.
4. I've laid many nights in the summer with my kids on our driveway just staring into the stars. No city lights around us, just nice and calm.
5. It's a small world should be played as a form of torture.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

1. LITTLE bit of Bacon, LITTLE bit of bbq sauce, LOT of grilled onion, LOT of raw onion, MEDIUM amount of ketchup, Splash (medium to large sized) of pickle juice.

2. 6927853

3. Snoop Dogg and Emily Ratajkowski

4. Too many to name all of them but they range from sitting in/on a lounge chair in my backyard of my childhood home to hiking in the Rocky Mountains to being on a tropical beach to being under heavy sedation in the hospital after surgery.

5. Hokey Pokey
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

1. Cheese. Lettuce. Tomato. Onion. Mustard.

2. 69 (not because i am a pervert, but rather because that is my goal for my score today golfing as it would be my personal best by 1 stroke and my home track. I have a handful of 69s and a 67 at other courses, but my home course is a little harder and the best i have done there is a couple 70s and numerous 71s. It is a par 72 ftr.)

3. As my guest or the people i have never met? My guest=my wife since she is fun....people i have never met=bill self and charles barkley

4. Too many to count. Many times on golf courses. Or when in the wilderness. Or when i lived in Myrtle Beach looking at the ocean or salt water marshes at various places. Or when in allen fieldhouse even though it is certainly never quiet so it is a different kind of zen i suppose.

5. Hokey pokey if i had to choose.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:18 am 3) Gutter and his X
🤣🤣🤣
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

1. Veggie burger; Pepper Jack, grilled red onions, tomatoes (if in season), pickles, pickled or grilled jalapeños, leaf lettuce, coarse ground mustard.

2. 1.6180399

3. Dr Fauci and Padma Lakshmi

4. Yosemite; in my garden tending to my vegetables

5. It’s a small world. I agree with Newton that it’s a form of torture