Grandma's 5 Questions for 8/13/20

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 289

Grandma's 5 Questions for 8/13/20

Post by Deleted User 289 »

1. Nobody knows for sure what the day will bring but on a scale of 0-100 (0 being the easiest day of your life and 100 being the most difficult/challenging day of your life) how difficult/challenging of a day do you think today will be for you?

2. Yesterday I got off the elevator on my floor and a building security person was waiting for an elevator.
I have no clue why she was on my floor.
Recently I have noticed for some unknown reason there have been multiple maintenance people "roaming" the floor I live on.
I try not to be a paranoid person but I like to be aware of what's going on around me.
I have had maintenance people in my apartment for various maintenance related issues. They can clearly see what "possessions" I have - and I have a lot.
My "paranoid" self wonders if my apartment is being scoped out.
Problem is of course I can't "accuse" anyone.
Question is, would it be wrong for me to go to building management, ask them why there have been building security people on my floor as well as what I feel is an over abundance of maintenance people - so that my "paranoia" has been made known - in case I were to get "robbed"?

3. You win 200 million in the lottery. Of course there are taxes that will be taken out so that may leave you with I don't really know but let's say about 120 million. You must buy THREE things and spend at least 5 million collectively on those things - but can spend all the way up to the 120 million. What THREE things do you buy?

4. NOT do you simply know anyone BUT do you have a friend or a family member who you are 100% convinced is a White Supremacist?

5. Who is your favorite cartoon character? If you don't have a favorite per se, name someone you are a big fan of.
ousdahl

Re: Grandma's 5 Questions for 8/13/20

Post by ousdahl »

1. High 90s...go easy on me, y’all are on vacation
2. break up with her
3. A cup of coffee, a breakfast burrito, and a hundred million dollar ad buy with little more messaging than “ousdahl rules”
4. I wouldn’t call lobster a friend
5. Randy Marsh
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

1. 29
2. No
3. Lake house, boat from plano for said lake house and this property:
https://www.landleader.com/land-for-sal ... t5-r8-wels
And donate that to the Maine department of wildlife.
4. Used to
5. Archer
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

1. 80. Wife not in the best mood lately. Lots of busy shit going on. The day at work will be fairly simple and easy, it's when I get home is when the challenge will occur. Prepping for a garage sale too. Not fun.
2. No
3. A house. Some new golf clubs. And then I'd invest like crazy. Stocks, business ventures, etc.
4. No. But I know some people (Family and friends) who are about 70%. Not racist necessarily, just heavy Trump supporters and that speaks for itself.
5. Fred Flinstone. He was Homer before Homer was Homer. (My original post said Bart, WTF)
Last edited by NewtonHawk11 on Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

1) 4
2) Ask, but they won't give you a straight answer. If you're that worried get cameras installed.
3) Buy a nice house. Outdoor oven capable of pizzas and barbecue. My own private basketball court.
4) Maybe
5) Foghorn Leghorn
Broham
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

1 - 5? Lots to do, but nothing particularly annoying or challenging or burdensome. Same for housework and kid stuff.

2 - Set aside the paranoia, I think it's just a fair question to ask (particularly given that you're trying to limit exposure to people right now, anyway).

3 - Hmm. I assume "buy" means purchase, so I can't pay off my house for example. I'd buy the arcade stuff I've been wanting for my basement, the rifle my son wants for his birthday and the balance on property of some kind. Don't know if I'd look for a house on a lot of land land near where I live (there's one listed right now with an air strip...), or a mountain or lake/beach house/compund somewhere.

4 - I'm not sure what the term means. Do I have a friend or family member who would claim to be that? No. Someone who has beliefs along those lines, without even really knowing it? Yes.

5 - Roadrunner is one sly, clever sumbitch.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

1. 67
2. No
3. A ranch in montana or NW Wyoming or NE Idaho. The property, cattle, horses, trucks and equipment is gonna run me in the 60 million range if i gwt what I want. Then tbe rest invest and use the interest to keep the ranch working, because thats not a syper profitable business

4. No

5. Homer.
Just Ledoux it
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

No

House on Lake Huron. Ski in ski out house on Schuss Mtn. Big cruising sailboat.

Yes

Hank hill
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

1. 72 meetings all day.
2. Ask
3. a house, a car, a warehouse to fill with gym equipment
4. No, not living
5. Coach McGuirk
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

1. 75

2. Ask

3. A nice shack in SF, a decent house somewhere near Lake Tahoe and a farmhouse in Northern Italy.

4. Not that I know of. Definitely not anyone in my extended family.

5. Pink Panther
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

5. Fun fact: South Park premiered 23 years ago today.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'm old.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I've been watching KU basketball replay after replay from whatever i can find on youtube.
Today I found a game from 2000, with a senior Nick Chenowith and Kenny Gregory, facing Saint John's in the Coaches v Cancer classic final - we were ranked 6th.
The blowup doll comes in says, "jeez, how long ago was this game?"...."20 years ago".

OLD.

Also, quiz time ( don't look it up you cheater ) :
1. Who were the other three starters besides Chenowith and Gregory?
2. Who was the freshman guard on Kansas that year who also played football?
3. Who did Kansas loose to in the NCAA tourney that season?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

1) I should know this, but I'm old and the ole brain don't work so good right now.
2) Not Clint Normore
3) probably dook

I'm going to go look it up now.
Broham
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

1. Boschee, Gooden and Hinrich?
2. No clue
3. Pretty sure that was Bill's Illini team right? Sweet 16 game, I think...
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Thank you 99 for not cheating.
I won't reveal the answers for another 40 minutes.
So maybe 1 or 2 more people will have time to guess.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Oh dang!

I can name every starting lineup, and even the rotation or any lineup changes throughout the season, since 2004 when I got to KU.

But before that, I dunno, you guys are old.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Also would anyone have guessed a cartoon series would have such success, and become so socially astute, with a pilot episode entitled “Cartman gets an anal probe.”
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

pdub wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:12 pm I've been watching KU basketball replay after replay from whatever i can find on youtube.
Today I found a game from 2000, with a senior Nick Chenowith and Kenny Gregory, facing Saint John's in the Coaches v Cancer classic final - we were ranked 6th.
The blowup doll comes in says, "jeez, how long ago was this game?"...."20 years ago".

OLD.

Also, quiz time ( don't look it up you cheater ) :
1. Who were the other three starters besides Chenowith and Gregory?
2. Who was the freshman guard on Kansas that year who also played football?
3. Who did Kansas loose to in the NCAA tourney that season?
1. Boschee, Hinrich, and Gooden/Collison
2. Mario Kinsey
3. Illinois
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »