Re: Jawhawks in the NBA

Post by Cascadia »

Also, Garrett is a 6’5” combo guard.

Normal NBA height
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:03 am Take it to the Zach Clemence thread.
That thread died with ND and newton killing all hope.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Could you send them to the housing crash thread please.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The most impressive thing about Mason was the passing. He is top tier in his vision and passing right now.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Frank had another very solid game yesterday. Is it right that he's only getting paid around $80,000 this season?
If so, that's criminal.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

18 pts, 8 assists, 7-13 FG.
He's playing for next years qualifying offer which would pay him just over one mill.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Grandma wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:49 am Frank had another very solid game yesterday. Is it right that he's only getting paid around $80,000 this season?
If so, that's criminal.
lol...that’s in the ballpark of what i make, and my job results directly in lives being saved

imo, pro athletes getting paid “just” $80k a season is quite the opposite from being criminal in the way you’re using it
Deleted User 289

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:34 am
Grandma wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:49 am Frank had another very solid game yesterday. Is it right that he's only getting paid around $80,000 this season?
If so, that's criminal.
lol...that’s in the ballpark of what i make, and my job results directly in lives being saved

imo, pro athletes getting paid “just” $80k a season is quite the opposite from being criminal in the way you’re using it
Don't get me wrong, I realize there are a lot of people who wish they were making $80,000 and I realize there are people doing much more important things (than playing in NBA) who make less than $80,000.
My intention in saying it's criminal was to imply there are guys playing in the NBA making 10+ times that who I feel are no better than he is. Of course I realize he was a D/G/F/M/P (whatever letter it is) League guy during the season but he's now playing in the "league" and producing nice numbers.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

He helps puts a ball in a basket.
80,000 or 1,300,000 is still a great deal.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

Just so we are all aware...frank mason has appeared in 9 total games this season. 80k seems pretty fair.

But i agree with the sentiment that he is better than players getting paid significantly more.
Last edited by Deleted User 310 on Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Thanks gutter jr!
Deleted User 289

I love Joel. He was wrong here.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CD5RWWtpeoj/?
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Grandma wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:35 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:34 am
If so, that's criminal.

Don't get me wrong, I realize there are a lot of people who wish they were making $80,000 and I realize there are people doing much more important things (than playing in NBA) who make less than $80,000.
My intention in saying it's criminal was to imply there are guys playing in the NBA making 10+ times that who I feel are no better than he is. Of course I realize he was a D/G/F/M/P (whatever letter it is) League guy during the season but he's now playing in the "league" and producing nice numbers.
oh sure...i get where you were going with your comment

i just couldn’t help myself, and had to inject some societal commentary

it is odd, to say the least, how much our society “values” people who play games, or play dress-up, for a living
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

True
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 289

I sincerely feel bad for Joel and the process.
Last season has to hurt that much more after knowing he and his team are all but done in 2020.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEF5QBQp4uq/?
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Philly frustrates me. Graham would have made a tangible difference, or any other number of available shooters. Their perimeter game is so weak even without injuries.
Deleted User 289

Ben had a decent game today. 6 points and 4 boards in 14 minutes.
Anyone know if Mason is "inactive" tonight? I don't see his name listed on/in any box scores. Looking like it might be a blowout so it would have been nice to see him get minutes.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Sparko wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:08 pm Philly frustrates me. Graham would have made a tangible difference, or any other number of available shooters. Their perimeter game is so weak even without injuries.
Theyve just done a terrible job of building around embiid. The big money they spent last season was on Al Horford, who has been a fantastic player over his career. Embiid can learn from him. But he's a terrible fit to play with him. And Horford isn't getting any younger. The sixers need to get faster. and more shooting.

But it will be hard for them. they paid Toubias Harris big money. Harris is versatile but would probably be a better fit as a stretch 4 next to Embiid instead of playing Harris at the 3 with 2 centers (horford/Embiid)

It'll be hard for them to change their roster with the amount of money theyve already spent. Josh Richardson is another nice player. But they have him at the 2. he's an athletic defensive minded guy who is an inconsitent shooter and limited playmaker. pairing that with the logjam of harris/horford/embiid is another awkward fit.

and then theres ben fucking simmons. very athletic talented guy. paid him big money. will his shot ever improve?? his jumper is directly linked to embiids success. and if it doesn't improve its a terrible way to round out an awkward lineup with the only playmaker being a guy who can't shoot. its a big awkward lineup that mightve been very successful in a previous generation of basketball. but teams like boston that play so fast and versatile can carve Philly up.

Shake Milton is a solid role player that use to creat different lineups. but they need a more prolific playmaker.

If I'm philadelphia I'm thinking about trading Horford and/or simmons. They probably have too much invested in simmons and it is too early to give up on him. but without his shot getting better I'm not sure he will ever be the best star to pair with Embiid. If they could trade Horford for a playmaking guard with a jumpshot that could really help.

Long story short. You are right Philly is frustrating. one example of a talented team who's pieces don't fit well together and the cumulative product is not nearly as good as the individual parts
Deleted User 289