Grandma's 5 Semi-Difficult Questions for 8/16/20

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 289

Grandma's 5 Semi-Difficult Questions for 8/16/20

Post by Deleted User 289 »

1. Name/describe something foolish you have done in the last 48 hours.

2. Someone buys you these (see photo below) and you must wear them for 12 consecutive hours today.
You can choose any of the following colors. Which color do you choose?
a. Black
b. Blue
c. Red
d. White
e. Green
f. Orange
g. Purple
h. Gray

3. If you were given the opportunity to meet with the Pope and could ask for ONE specific blessing/prayer, what would you ask for?

4. Today you must travel at least 30 minutes (by foot, bike, car, bus, train, whatever) to "protest" something for 1 full hour. You can "protest" anything you would like, what do you "protest"?

5. This one takes some real honesty. In the past 2 years have you eaten one (or more) of your boogers?
Deleted User 289

Re: Grandma's 5 Semi-Difficult Questions for 8/16/20

Post by Deleted User 289 »

No one biting yet. I'll go first.

1. Too many to list them all. I'll just say/use one example. Went up to my rooftop and forgot to wear a mask - which is a requirement when riding the elevator/s and being in a "common" area of the building.

2. Gray

3. A beautiful kind and caring woman who has her own money and actually truly loves and appreciates me.

4. I would protest against the right for people to purposely be assholes.

5. "eat" - no. Put in my mouth and spit out - yes. I have no recollection of what caused/possessed me to do it.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

1. I was craving a burger after work yesterday so I went to the drive-thru burger joint even know I knew it would be busy. I got there and there were 5 or so cars ahead of me in line. The first car (Yukon XL with plates from you-know-where) somehow took 15 minutes trying to decide what to order for everyone in the car. The next car (Ram dually pulling a trailer full of ATVs) got stuck trying to make the turn around the drive thru and created this big ordeal, took another 15 minutes of backing up and crawling forward with all the dudes in the truck getting out to spot. Finally, with like 10 more cars behind me now waiting, I just gave up and went home and made black bean tacos. Foolish! But I figure it was the universe telling me I didn’t need greasy fried red meat for dinner.
2. Either crimson or blue
3. I’d pray for the Vatican archives to be opened unconditionally. “Ask and ye shall receive, seek and ye shall find, knock and the door shall be opened...”
4. Distribution of wealth. (Occupy Wall Street, anyone?)
5. Lol nope. Growing up I never understood why that was a thing. So finally when I was like 11 I tried one...turns out I just don’t have much of a taste for them personally.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

1. Let my partner hit our shot into 9 green today instead of myself in our modified alternate shot tournament this morning. He dumped it into a bunker and then missed the 5ft par putt after i hit a nice sand shot.

2. White (actually have white nike sandals, but not those exact ones).

3. Good health for my children.

4. I would protest for equality for all races genders religions and sexual orientations.

5. No
Wiff

Post by Wiff »

1. Forgot that I ordered lunch online somewhere, and never went to pick it up.
2. I want my soles to be as black as my soul.
3. The abolishment of organized religion.
4. The Hero.
5. No, I'm saving mine for a doomsday scenario.
Ain't no seats
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

1. There was an illegally parked car blocking the sidewalk so I kicked it. Turned out to be my barber's, and he saw me do it. He holds a straight-edge razor to my neck - can't go to him anymore.

2. Don't care about colors

3. To pray the gay away. Just to see his reaction, and because I don't think a real prayer from him would have actual impact, so no opportunity cost either.

4. Protest for demanding every school in the country must mandate classes that teach people how to identify sources of information as reliable or not. And another class for teaching everything from Thinking, Fast and Slow

5. No
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I wonder how classes to teach people how to identify reliable information would go.

I’m afraid people would just believe what they wanna believe either way.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

1. Nothing I can really think of

2. Blue

3. Give me the ability to always be kind to the people I come across, whether they agree with me, disagree with me or wish good or harm.

4. Politicization of the USPS. We’re a better country than this.

5. I don’t think I ever have
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

1. Nothing foolish, maybe a beer too many during patio beers outside with a few neighbors last night.
2. Black if I had to but I hate shoes that aren't secured well to my feet.
3. I would ask him to release to the media all documentation that the Vatican has about cases of child abuse by members of the Catholic Church all over the world.
4. If Trump has the USPS shut down in any significant manner prior to the election I may to get off my ass and protest.
5. No.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

ousdahl wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:53 pm I wonder how classes to teach people how to identify reliable information would go.

I’m afraid people would just believe what they wanna believe either way.
That's why I added the part about Thinking, Fast and Slow. Studies have shown that knowing your brain is deceiving you helps awareness. It's worth a shot. I don't think Democracy can work with the direction things are going.