Grandma's 5 Questions for 8/20/20

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 289

Grandma's 5 Questions for 8/20/20

Post by Deleted User 289 »

1. Pretend Covid-19 doesn't exist. Starting September 1st you must become a 3rd grade teacher. If you are employed, you still have your existing job to go back to on June 15th 2021. You still get paid your current salary PLUS get paid $50,000 to be a 3rd grade teacher for this school year. You get to choose what SINGLE subject you want to teach. What subject do you choose?

2. If Barack Obama was able to run for a 3rd term would he be our President today?

3. Last night I spent about 10-15 minutes pondering my past relationships. None of them were perfect. Most were FAR from it. I thought about how dedicated I was to/in my most recent past relationship and how shitty I was treated and how UNappreciated I was.
While I was in the relationship, I had a very good FRIENDSHIP with a kinder, more intelligent, more respectful, more in common, more supportive, more polite, better listener, better looking, better body, and younger woman. I could add a lot of positive etc.
Simply put - an all around much better person. Especially to and for me.
So..... The question is, if a person has a companion (define companion as you will) who they enjoy being with but do NOT have sex with, why other than sex, would a person choose to be with someone who is often a cunt (sorry to use that word but too much of the time she truly was a cunt) towards them over someone who possesses the qualities I mentioned in my friend?

4. The NBA has been offering fans an opportunity to possibly be in the "virtual crowd" during the playoff games. It's basically a lottery system but at least people have a chance.
You pretty much have to commit to watching the entire game with a camera (via phone/computer) on you.
If the NBA said YOU could be in the "virtual crowd" for tomorrow's game between Denver and Utah at 3:00pm Central time, would you do it?

5. If I were to give you TWO of the following 20 items and you could NOT sell or give away the TWO items, which TWO would you want? Assume the clothing options are your size - and yes, I do own SOME of the items.

a)

b)

c)

d)

e)

f)

g)

h)

i)

j)

k)

l)

m)
Obama autographed

n)

o)

p)

q)

r)

s)

t)
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Grandma's 5 Questions for 8/20/20

Post by pdub »

1. Art
2. Likely
3. go back in time and break up with her
4. No
5. g. the camera and m. Obama signed baseball
shindig

Post by shindig »

1. Probably math, which might be beyond most 3rd graders now, so even pre-algebra or something.
2. Yes
3. Because you're an idiot? Lol. Most likely comfort level with being with somebody you have "invested" time in.
4. No, don't care about either team
5. b) Jayhawk jersey, a) throwback Nike hightops
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

1) Don't 3rd grade teachers teach all subjects?
2) Yes
3) Break up with her
4) Can't commit to that time
5) B & G
Broham
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

1) Most third grade teachers teach everything, not one specific discipline. But if given the choice I'd pick math or computers.
2) Versus Trump in 2016? Yes.
3) Ask a therapist
4) No.
5) K and T would be the most useful.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

For me, it wasn't til 5th grade til we had specialized teachers for specific subjects.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:28 am For me, it wasn't til 5th grade til we had specialized teachers for specific subjects.
Outside of art, music and gym, mine wasn't until middle school for 7th grade.
Deleted User 289

1. P.E.
2. 50/50. I said "TODAY". I think he probably would have won the 2016 election but I can't help but wonder if there is a decent chance he would have been assassinated in his 3rd term. I know, sick thinking but I'm honest to a fault.
3. Rick James said cocaine is a hell of a drug. So is sex. Some/many people let sex run and ruin their life.
I chalk up the past relationship as being another life lesson learned the hard way for me.
4. No. Would strongly consider it if it were two teams I liked. Also, me being me, I would purposely be a freak show. My guess is I would be replaced quickly.
5. I own - a through i, k, l, o, r and t. Therefore, I guess I should choose between j, m, n, p, q, and s. I'll go with m (Obama ball) and q (the plant).
Deleted User 289

Those of you harping on question #1 - Ok, you're right. Most 3rd grade teachers don't teach only a single specific subject. Just go with the flow and answer the "what if" question.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

1. History/Social Studies. Even though as many have said, 3rd grade teachers teach it all.
2. Yes
3. .................
4. No. From what I've heard, you see everyone in the virtual pod with you, but the actual game is on a small screen on the Zoom or whatever platform it may be.
5. E and M. Not as big of an Obama fan as many on here are, but it'd still be really cool to have.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

1 - that's not how 3rd grade works, grandma!

2 - yes. Trump needed a victim as easy as Hillary (and the economy was ROARING).

3 - platonic forever-relationships aren't unheard of

4 - sure

5 - b and e I guess?
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

1. Intro to programming using Scratch
2. Yep
3. Sounds stressful.
4. Ain't nobody got time for that
5. B and j
jhawks99