Grandma's 5 Questions for 8/27/20 + Bonus Thought

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 289

Grandma's 5 Questions for 8/27/20 + Bonus Thought

Post by Deleted User 289 »

I decided I am going to add a bonus thought to my 5 questions each day. Feel free to read it, ignore it, whatever you please, but also feel free to comment on it if you would like.

1. Which man do YOU feel is/was the most hated AS/WHILE PRESIDENT?
a) Richard Nixon
b) JFK
c) James Buchanan
d) Barack Obama
e) James Earl Carter
f) GW Bush
g) Donald Trump

2.Yesterday I had to make a $25 payment to a poorly run business. I had to call the business, PayPal, and my "bank" due to complications with the payment.
The business was completely nonchalant in regards to the payment but the person I spoke with was a complete asshole. For no good reason in relation to me.
The person I spoke with at PayPal was extremely kind/friendly but was also basically incompetent. My 87 year old mother who doesn't work for PayPal probably would have given me better "advice" regarding the situation.
The person I spoke with at the bank was "competent" but left me feeling the situation I was having would NOT be resolved and that there was really nothing the bank could do in regards to it - when I felt there was - and it now turns out there was.
Think back 15 years ago. AS A WHOLE, do you feel people who provided "customer service" were MORE or LESS competent than they are today?

Not a woman nor relationship related #3 today.
3. One of the many things I have too much/many of is/are.... Earphones/headphones/earpods/earbuds whatever you want to call them.
Do you prefer IN the ear "earbuds", OVER the ear headphones, or ON the ear headphones?

4. This may be a tough one for me to try and convey but I'm going to give it a shot.
I'm not legal expert nor am I a professional psychoanalyst who has a degree in psychology/psychiatry.
I have trouble comprehending the term "insanity defense". I understand it's an "excuse" defense and not a "justification" defense - but I have a difficult time differentiating between "excuse" and "justification" and what constitutes "insanity" and what doesn't.
Anyways, let's examine "the kid" in Kenosha.
He seemed to be 100% cognizant and aware of what he was doing when he shot the people. Therefore, I would have to assume legally - NOT "insane". Yet, I ask myself, FORGETTING the exact situation with "the kid" in Kenosha, how can and why would any "sane" person just shoot random people? That's not question #4 so no need to answer it - unless you would like to.
Question #4 is.... What do YOU find to be more "insane" - That a KID was allowed to have an AR-15 in the middle of a "RIOT" and then allegedly shot 3 people OR that the police were told by MANY people that this kid had just shot other people and the police didn't do a damn thing about it and let him walk away freely?
Side note - Right or wrong, I do believe the color of his skin played a factor in the police negligence.

5. Do you have an allergies? If so, and you would like to share what it is / they are, please do so.

BONUS THOUGHT....
Marvin Gaye wrote many songs. "What's Going On" may be his most well known. It was written in and released in the early 70s. Almost 50 years ago. Basically he wrote it about the state of the country during the Viet Nam war. Sure seems as if it could have been written today and be about today's issues.

Mother, mother
There's too many of you crying
Brother, brother, brother
There's far too many of you dying
You know we've got to find a way
To bring some lovin' here today - Ya

Father, father
We don't need to escalate
You see, war is not the answer
For only love can conquer hate
You know we've got to find a way
To bring some lovin' here today

Picket lines and picket signs
Don't punish me with brutality
Talk to me, so you can see
Oh, what's going on
What's going on
Yeah, what's going on
Ah, what's going on

In the mean time
Right on, baby
Right on
Right on

Mother, mother, everybody thinks we're wrong
Oh, but who are they to judge us
Simply because our hair is long
Oh, you know we've got to find a way
To bring some understanding here today
Oh

Picket lines and picket signs
Don't punish me with brutality
Talk to me
So you can see
What's going on
Yeah, what's going on
Tell me what's going on
I'll tell you what's going on - Uh
Right on baby
Right on baby
NewtonHawk11

Re: Grandma's 5 Questions for 8/27/20 + Bonus Thought

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

1. Trump. All the others were hated for policies. Trump is hated for attitude and general stupidity.
2. Probably the same.
3. I game with headphones over entire ear, but everything else is in the ear
4. More insane is letting him walk after shots clearly fired. Still have a right to carry a weapon in most cases. But after shots are clearly fired and there are multiple people pointing him out, police need to at least detain him.
5. I was allergic to penicillin as a child. Not sure if still the case.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

1. Obama. Trump is hated to an extreme by many/plenty but I truly believe Obama was more hated in terms of all levels of hatred.

2. 15 years ago? probably about the same but if I have to choose less or more I'll go with more.
25 years ago? More. 35 years ago? Much more.

3. ON

4. Pretty damn close to equal. I'll lean towards "That a KID was allowed to have an AR-15 in the middle of a "RIOT" and then allegedly shot 3 people". I'm not going to explain my reasoning in this answer.

5. I have had bad reactions to Erythromycin but I don't believe I am "allergic" to it. Otherwise, no allergies that I know of.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

1) Depends on the letter after your name.
2) More competent
3) I hate earbuds. They're uncomfortable and they never stay in for more than 2 seconds.
4) It's insane that a kid can shoot 3 people and walk past cops with his giant compensater in hand.
5) Nope
Broham
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

1. Obama. He was so hated that we got Trump as a rebuttal.
2. As a whole I think there’s a tendency away from customer service. As businesses are corporatized, the emphasis becomes less on things like service, and more on things like return for shareholders.
3. Break up with her
4. For some reason I just don’t think cops would fail to do anything about a dude with an assault rifle running away from a bloody mob if he was black.
5. Certain tree nuts - cashews, Brazil nuts*, hazelnuts. But thank the lord, walnuts and pecans don’t bother me.

Bonus: the only difference between the situation back then and the situation now is that now the situation might be videotaped and go viral.

*and who can guess what my grandpa called Brazil nuts?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:27 am 1. Obama. He was so hated that we got Trump as a rebuttal.
I'm still of the belief that Trump was created because of the disdain for HRC. Not as much Obama. Sure, Obama wasn't liked, but HRC is absolutely despised by like 70% of the population.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

70 percent might be too much, but yeah, a significant portion despises her.

But also bear in mind, Trump’s entire political career came to be because of conspiracy peddling about a birth certificate.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

1. Trump, and it's not close, Nixon is second. I think W was more hated than Obama
2. Less training today at a lot of places
3. Depends on what I'm doing. Over the ear cancel noise, but if I'm active they make me sweat.
4. All of this is insane to me.
5. Yes
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

1. Trump no doubt
2. Better. Everyone now think its not their job. Ous.
3. In the ear i guess
4. I have no answers
5. Not that i know of.

Ous, i bet he called brazil nuts...... uhh. Something Toes.....
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

1. Trump. But if you name dropped Hoover, i'd probably have picked him.
2. Less in terms of people skills, more in terms of automated technology
3. Over for gaming, in for music/video chat
4. The latter
5. No
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

1. I remember in college I met this cute little strawberry blonde sorostitute at the Phoggy dog. Spent most of the evening making out on the patio. Quite romantic stuff, really.

We exchanged numbers, and also, apparently, emails?

Cuz after that night, I remember her forwarding all these chain emails she got from her grandma about what a horrible person Hillary is. This was prob like 2007?

But yea, we never really hung out again cuz I’d hit her up and she’d always try to get me to come to the hawk or the wheel when I was already at the Phoggy dog.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

1. Which man do YOU feel is/was the most hated AS/WHILE PRESIDENT?
f) Lindon Johnson

2.Think back 15 years ago. AS A WHOLE, do you feel people who provided "customer service" were MORE or LESS competent than they are today?

more competent 15 years ago

3. One of the many things I have too much/many of is/are.... Earphones/headphones/earpods/earbuds whatever you want to call them.
Do you prefer IN the ear "earbuds", OVER the ear headphones, or ON the ear headphones?

in the ear...shinshi shinshi style

4. What do YOU find to be more "insane" - That a KID was allowed to have an AR-15 in the middle of a "RIOT" and then allegedly shot 3 people OR that the police were told by MANY people that this kid had just shot other people and the police didn't do a damn thing about it and let him walk away freely?

the second, presuming the “insane” thing in the first was that the kid was allowed to be there and not that he shot people

5. Do you have an allergies? If so, and you would like to share what it is / they are, please do so.

yes...not sure what exactly they are, but likely pollution-based. didn’t have issue the last time i lived in SLC, but am having serious issues this go-round

BONUS THOUGHT....
Marvin Gaye wrote many songs. "What's Going On" may be his most well known. It was written in and released in the early 70s. Almost 50 years ago. Basically he wrote it about the state of the country during the Viet Nam war. Sure seems as if it could have been written today and be about today's issues.

i’ve got the song on my phone, and thought the exact same thing when it came on the other day
shindig

Post by shindig »

1. Trump for sure. I don't get the Obama hate. How can you hate such a likeable person is beyond me.
2. Less
3. I usually wear headphones/buds, the pods fall out of my ear too easy.
4. Insane yes, insane that he just walks past the cops with his hands up and the cops drive right by with an AR slung over his shoulder
5. Yes, just normal environment stuff, pollen, etc.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

1. Trump, quite justifiably.

2. Actually I think it’s a function of the role. In some cases they are very knowledgeable and engaged. In other situations they are just untrained and apathetic. Back 15 years ago we probably didn’t need or expect as much “customer support”

3. Buds

4. Which is worse: having molten aluminum poured down your throat or molten steel. They’re both so extremely insane that unfortunately defines the times we live in. A guy shoots another person in front of the cops and he doesn’t get arrested until after he gets home?!?!?!

5. Just respiratory stuff -smoke, tree pollen etc

Marvin Gaye was a genius