Grandma's 5 Questions for 9/8/20 + Bonus Thought

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 289

Grandma's 5 Questions for 9/8/20 + Bonus Thought

Post by Deleted User 289 »

1. Assuming they play 16 regular season games, how many regular season games do you think the Chiefs will win?

2. Think of a song and sing a few lyrics out loud or to yourself in your head. What song did you choose?

3. Hopefully the answer is none and if so, you should answer none. What is a body part that is in pain or discomfort for you right now?

4. Tomorrow from the time you wake up until the time you go to sleep (except when bathing) you must wear one of the following jerseys. The names and numbers DO matter. Which do you choose?

a)

b)

c)

d)

e)

f)

g)

h)

5. Let's say either Trump or Biden are inaugurated on January 20th 2021. If I said I would give you 2.2/1 odds on $100 that neither guy will serve a full 4 year term, would you take it?
Meaning if they DO serve all 4 years you give me $100. If they don't, I give you $220.

Bonus Thought -
Choices. Three choices I am facing today.
Being that the weather is shit, I can and probably should do a thorough cleaning of my apartment. It's a medium choice as far as choices go.
Being that I got shitty results from blood work, I should probably start a healthy lifestyle change in terms of my eating and working out habits. It's a very important choice as far as choices go.
Being that I have a pair of shoes I paid way over "original cost" for but I never have worn and I can sell for close to what I paid for them, I am debating if getting less than what I paid for them (but still a lot of money) is worth it for me to sell them. It's a minor choice as far as choices go.
Cleaning - 77.75% chance I do it. There is no rush to do it and the weather is supposed to suck most of the week.
My Health - 86.95% chance I start to do it today - and hopefully continue for the foreseeable future. It truly is probably a matter of life and death. I have no problem dropping dead but I in NO WAY want to live with major health issues that could potentially be life altering in terms of living with them.
Shoes - 82.5% chance I sell them. Don't "need" the money but definitely could use the money more than I "need" the shoes.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Grandma's 5 Questions for 9/8/20 + Bonus Thought

Post by pdub »

1. 12
2. Telephone Line by ELO was on sonos so that's what I had in my head
3. Nothing but normal insignificant aches
4. Give me the Seahawks jersey - I don't have to leave the house tomorrow
5. Good bet - but I think i'd need a bit more - maybe 3/1 - so, no
shindig

Post by shindig »

1. 13
2. I don't have any songs in my head right now.
3. Sore muscles all over from verticutting my yard yesterday
4. e
5. I think whoever is elected will serve the full term.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

1. 17
2. WAP
3. I’ve been achy all over with a virus. But not Covid so nobody cares.
4. Clark Griswold’s
5. Meh I’m not much of a betting dude

Yay to healthy living! Develop good habits, stick to it for a few days, and soon enough you’ll feel weird if you aren’t being healthy
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

1. 12
2. September - EWF
3. Back. Slept really weird Sunday night and hasn't been the same since.
4. I've always really like the Panthers jerseys/color scheme. So give me Panthers McCaffrey
5. Probably not. But higher odds, yeah I probably would.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:07 am 2. WAP
I legit almost put this to have a little bit of fun with the question.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

1 - 12. They're better than that, but that figure assumes that at some point there will be a significant injury/illness issue.

2 - "That's What Monsters Love to Do." Catch me on a Monday, and I'll have all the Sesame Street earworms still squirming around.

3 - My neck. Pinched or jammed something trying to get out of the deep rough this weekend.

4 - I'm still working from home, so one of the hockey jerseys. It's cool out.

5 - I'd also need more money. I think it's at least 80% that the winner serves the full term.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

1. 13
2. (Cold) Rain and Snow
3. Shoulder
4. I would have probably picked a football jersey but the size/s are medium and they are too small for me. I like the Cardinals jerseys the best but won't wear a Cardinals jersey unless I am paid to do as such.
Sox jersey is cool. I have between 8-10 Blackhawks jerseys so I don't want another one. Celtics jersey isn't bad but Love Us on the back is the deal breaker. The Atlanta Hawks jersey is butt fucking ugly.
I'll go with the Jets jersey.
5. Yes, I would take the 2.2/1 odds.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

1. 14

2. None

3. None

4. None

5. No
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

When posters don't pick an option of the multiple options it defeats the purpose of the question.

Multiple choice with 4 bubbles on a test :
What's 1+3? :
a. 2
b. 4
c. 5
d. 7

And you don't fill in any bubble and just write 'none'.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

pdub wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:34 am When posters don't pick an option of the multiple options it defeats the purpose of the question.

Multiple choice with 4 bubbles on a test :
What's 1+3? :
a. 2
b. 4
c. 5
d. 7

And you don't fill in any bubble and just write 'none'.
B

Sorry, i just don't think grown men should be walking around wearing a jersey. The main exception being if you are going to a game of said team. Didn't mean to ruin the question game.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

1) 17
2) Standing on the Moon. Mrs 99 has been watching the news all morning and it has me down.
3) Nothing hurts now, which is kind of unusual.
4) Boston, Love Us
5) I don't gamble, but I'd say it's pretty likely that neither will finish their term.
Broham