Grandma's 5 Questions for 9/16/20 + Bonus Thought

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 289

Grandma's 5 Questions for 9/16/20 + Bonus Thought

Post by Deleted User 289 »

1. The Chicago White Sox have the best record in the American League.
If today someone were to offer you 10-1 odds on $50 that the White Sox MAKE/GET TO (not necessarily win) the World Series - Meaning if the White Sox get to the World Series you bet $50 to make $500. Would you do it?

2. Someone has to give you one of the following cars. You have keep it for the rest of your life and can not sell it or give it away. You have to pay all expenses (gas, maintenance, insurance, parking costs, license plates, state and town/city registration) but you don't necessarily have to drive the car.
Which car (in the exact same color) do you choose?

a)

b)

c)

d)

e)

f)

3. What is/was the best video game (arcade or at home) you have ever played?

4. What if anything is something you own/possess that is not human that you consider to be good luck?

5. Fill in the blank.
I smell like ______________________________.

Bonus Thought.
I have a co-worker who says, "I would rather eat bees".
My father would say, "I would rather have someone hammer a rusty nail through my big toe".
I mention those two because in the next 5 days I have to do the following.
Today - Rent a car and drive my mother to TWO cemeteries to visit her dead relatives, then take her grocery shopping, then have dinner with her. Will consume 10 hours of my day.
Tomorrow - Take my mother to a doctor's appointment at 1:00pm. Right in the middle of the day.
Friday - Have Rosh Hashana dinner with my mother at her apartment - and I don't like the food. At all.
Saturday - Watch on-line / streamed religious services either in the morning or the afternoon.
Sunday - Go to a dedication at a cemetery that starts at 4:00pm and then have dinner after. It will consume 8 hours of my Sunday.
Yes, I am bitching but when I think about it, it's only the next 5 days and I realize I am fortunate to have my mother and my family. That being said, I'm still torn if I would rather eat bees and have someone hammer a rusty nail through my big toe.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Grandma's 5 Questions for 9/16/20 + Bonus Thought

Post by pdub »

1. No. Give me 20/1.
2. Ugh. I don't need a fancy sports car up here driving in the winters - and I sure as hell am not dealing with an electric - so I suppose the explorer.
3. If I can include computer games, Starcraft. If I can't, I think it has to be, for the impact and mindblowing graphics/gameplay for the time, Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
4. KU shirt I wore during 2008 season
5. Dove Men + Care
Deleted User 289

1. I believe the current odds are 6-1 so 10-1 is a nice offer. I would not look to find 10-1 odds and bet them but if someone came to me - I would probably do it.

2. A.

3. Madden Football

4. Yesterday dumbfuck me bought an elephant and Buddha "statues". My guess is neither bring me good luck. I don't really have anything specifically that I own that I think brings me good luck.

5. Nothing. I have no odor at the moment.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

1) I generally hate gambling, but I might take that one.
2) If I gotta pay for all that, probably to fusion
3) Galaga, I'm really bad at video games but that one was kinda fun
4) I dunno, my grandmother's cast iron skillet?
5) Brut 33
Broham
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'm seeing 11/1 on the White Sox.
https://www.sportsline.com/mlb/odds/futures/
Deleted User 289

pdub wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:58 am I'm seeing 11/1 on the White Sox.
https://www.sportsline.com/mlb/odds/futures/
You are seeing 11-1 to WIN the World Series.
I asked TO GET TO the World Series.
William Hill is only giving 4.5 - 1 odds right now. Thus, I figure 10-1 is enticing for those who think the White Sox have a legitimate chance to win the AL and get there.

https://www.williamhill.com/us/nj/bet/baseball/futures

The White Sox strength is their hitting - and I feel their starting pitching is suspect.
That being said, the pitching can give up 9 runs a game as long as the Sox score 10 or more.
I would be hesitant to bet against them right now.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Oh, get to...sorry, misread.
Then yes, I'd take that bet, good pay off.
( though I still think it's Yanks or Rays - that 3 game series to start is going to favor teams with a couple aces )