Hey Mexercans...

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 289

Hey Mexercans...

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Happy "Independence Day"! :evil:
Last night and tonight have been a shit show in MY neighborhood in terms of the cars and the honking.
My guess is my neighborhood is less than 1% Mexercan. Probably less than a half of 1%.
So.....My confusion is what is the need for them to be in MY neighborhood "celebrating"?
Why not celebrate in their neighborhood/s?
Nice thing is the Cops are keeping them confined to certain areas. Not nice thing is with my window open - I am hearing literally 60 or so car horns a minute. It's FUCKING ANNOYING!
VERY hard to be a fan of Mexercans right now.
I just heard some woman shouting STOP. I laughed. As if that is going to do anything. Unless perhaps it was a woman Cop.
13 years ago I lived in a Mexican neighborhood. September 16th was a night I got ZERO sleep.

I spoke with two White Cops on Michigan Avenue (and Huron) while walking home from my mother's. One didn't hold back on his words. I said, "I assume you are keeping the street (Michigan Avenue) blocked off to keep those celebrating Mexican Independence Day away".
I wasn't 100% sure but I figured it was a safe assumption.
His response. "Yeah, we don't need that shit. Not on our watch".

Moral of the post?
God Bless Mexico?
ramjet
Contributor

Re: Hey Mexercans...

Post by ramjet »

Moral of the post?

Close your window
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

I hate to find out what your thought was on the morning of 5 July 2020.
Deleted User 289

zsn wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:26 pm I hate to find out what your thought was on the morning of 5 July 2020.
Not sure what my thought/s was/were supposed to be.
Happy birthday Dad?
Shit ton of fireworks I could see on the 4th but thankfully very few I that heard.
No car honking.
No street closures in my neighborhood.

Last two nights were nothing more than a nuisance to me.
I'm all for people being proud and celebrating their heritage.
I have been confused why they are feeling the need to leave their Mexican neighborhoods and/or go in to "non-Mexican" neighborhoods to celebrate.
It's sort of like if I lived in KC and left KC on February 2nd to go celebrate the Chiefs winning the Super Bowl in St. Louis. Well, maybe not.
Deleted User 289

ramjet wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:48 pm Moral of the post?

Close your window
That is the perfect moral to the post. Problem is/was, even with my window/s closed, I could still hear it. Thankfully not as loud and that's what I eventually did the last 2 nights.
Thing is, when I sit in my living room and the weather is pleasant, I like to keep my window/s open.
I know, I know, sucks to be me.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Part of living in a big city.
Deleted User 289

^^^^ Yep.

Especially a "Blue" city?

I'm wondering if this is/was one of the cars they were shooting of "major" fireworks from or if someone/some people just felt the need to light shit on fire.

zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Grandma wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:11 am
zsn wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:26 pm I hate to find out what your thought was on the morning of 5 July 2020.
Not sure what my thought/s was/were supposed to be.
Happy birthday Dad?
Shit ton of fireworks I could see on the 4th but thankfully very few I that heard.
No car honking.
No street closures in my neighborhood.

Last two nights were nothing more than a nuisance to me.
I'm all for people being proud and celebrating their heritage.
I have been confused why they are feeling the need to leave their Mexican neighborhoods and/or go in to "non-Mexican" neighborhoods to celebrate.
It's sort of like if I lived in KC and left KC on February 2nd to go celebrate the Chiefs winning the Super Bowl in St. Louis. Well, maybe not.
Started around 7 pm and went on well into the night, at least until 2 am when I finally nodded off. Kind of made one appreciate the logic of having celebrations in one central location. I’ve never lived or visited any “war zone” but that evening gave me a good idea of one, sight, sound and smell. Really felt for for our four-legged companions. My neighbors literally sedated their two dogs.

I don’t even how or where to begin unpacking your latter paragraph. “Go back to where they came from”??? “Keep your celebrations in Concord, Lexington and Philadelphia”??? “No fireworks for you, San Francisco and Honolulu”???
Deleted User 289

Back on the 4th or 5th of July I think mentioned that I had never seen more fireworks across the city any other 4th of July. I have to assume the cancelling of many "town" "sponsored" fireworks displays had something to do with it.

My last paragraph in the post you quoted....
I am not sure how to respond to your comment.
Come to my neighborhood, have fun, eat, shop, walk along the lake, sit in parks, do whatever you like but when you start disrespecting the people who live in the neighborhood, then I take issue/s with it.
Like I said, it was nothing more than a "nuisance" to me but realize I live in an area where there is a hospital. Besides the patients and their family members, there a lot of hospital workers who value and need their sleep that live in the hood.
Big deal, not a big deal, whatever, I felt it was disrespectful.
Should the Mexercans have gone back to where they came from? Not sure if you mean Mexico or their neighborhood/s. They are free to go wherever they would like. I just don't know why they chose to come to a neighborhood that does nothing in terms of offering them a Mexican "experience" nor does it "support" the celebration of Mexican Independence Day.

As Americans, I thought we were/are all supposed to be on the same team.

Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

woah...it’s like West Side Story lol