Grandma's 5 Questions for 9/18/20 + Bonus Thought

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 289

Grandma's 5 Questions for 9/18/20 + Bonus Thought

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Today is going to be my last day of asking questions for a while. Doesn't seem to be a popular thread and no need to keep cluttering the Off Topic Board.

1. There is a security guard in the building I work in who is very friendly. He usually works the 12:01am to 8:00am shift so I say good morning to him and usually ask him how he is.
His initial response EVERY time is - "God is good everyday".
I never have the balls to ask him if he feels God is bad everyday too.
Do you believe God makes PEOPLE'S days good and/or bad?

2. I'm looking out a window at the lake and sky. I feel it's beautiful right now.
On a scale of 0 to 100 (0 being butt fugly and 100 being euphoric) how beautiful do you feel it is?

3. My hope is that anyone and everyone reading this had at least one Grandparent that they knew.
Do/did you have a favorite Grandparent? If so and you would like to comment about him/her - please do.

4. You must get one of the following dogs and keep and take care of it for at least a year and if you choose, as long as you want until it dies. Which EXACT dog do you choose?

a)

b)

c)

d)

e)

f)

g)

h)

i)

j)

5. TWO PARTER
a) Were you taught the Metric System in school when you were a child?
b) What was your favorite "subject" in school between 4th and 6th grade?

Bonus Thought -
The company I work for employs about 500 people world wide. Of those 500, there are only 2 that I really do NOT like. I work for and with many people who are not in my company. I'll say about it's about 500 other people. Of those 500 others, I would say there are only about 10 I do NOT like.
I mention that because......
This evening the Jewish new year begins and in 10 days the "day of atonement" begins.
I am not a "proud" Jew nor do I "practice" Judaism except for a few nights and days a year - and that's out of respect for my mother and family.
As long as I am going to play the role of good son and good Jew tonight, one of my new year/s resolutions is going to be to like everybody until they give me a strong reason not to like them.
Even on here.
My new year/s message to all who read this is.....
Peace, Love, and Happiness, to ALL of you and your loved ones.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Grandma's 5 Questions for 9/18/20 + Bonus Thought

Post by pdub »

Break up with her.
shindig

Post by shindig »

1. I think if people believe it does, then it probably does.
2. 90
3. Probably my grandmother on my Dad's side. She passed away in 2010.
4. Probably c or g. I can't see d. But I'm a boxer fan.
5. No, maybe, I don't know, probably history or something. I can't remember that far back.
Last edited by shindig on Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

1. No
2. 73.95
3. Yes, Grandma Sophie.
4. a, d, or h are a tie. May opt for h being that I live in an apartment.
5. a) Yes.
b) PE/Gym/Recess.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

1. I think it’s ok for folks to say god is good as a pleasantry, and can even credit god for their good day, as long as they don’t take it to the point of being an asshole about it.
2. High 90s
3. I guess my fave was prob my maternal grandpa just cuz he spent the most time with me. I like them all I guess, except maybe for my paternal grandpa - not that I didn’t like him, but in like 25 or so years of being on this planet together, I remember him saying all of 1 thing to me. I went over to “Grammy and Grampys” and was talking about my OK morning of fishing, when outta nowhere, Grampy says, “you shoulda been out with me yesterday, they were jumping in the boat!” I was prob like 10 or something at the time, and initially I was like, whoa my grampy finally said something to me, and about a successful day of fishing, maybe grampy’s a badass after all! But in hindsight now I’m like, damn dude that’s the only thing you said to me in like 25 years?! And if you really had such a good day fishing then (grand)MOTHERFUCKER WHY DIDNT YOU TAKE YOUR GRANDSON! Not that I’m bitter.
4. Omg all of them! But the correct answer is black lab
5. a. I...guess? I mean I learned what it is as some point. b. Science. Though I coincidentally never liked math in itself. I think it’s a matter of applying math to the natural world to make it interesting, which is pretty much what science is. Math in itself otherwise just lived in a homework assignment, and that’s boring
Wiff

Post by Wiff »

1. No - god is made by man, not the other way around.
2. 99.
3. My favorite is "Grandma" Gutter.
4. I'd take them all, but if I had to choose 1, I'd go with f.
5. a. They tried, but "get that shit outta here" is what I exclaimed. b. Social studies.
Ain't no seats
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

I like the questions.