pdub wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:35 pm "There were holdover posters that I think
would be good to have here."

Agree.
Usher?
pdub
Site Admin

Re: .com closes forums ...

Post by pdub »

He was one of the very few people here to be banned.
surly

Post by surly »

.com was in trouble when the Lawrence Journal-World was sold by local family to a WV company. The forum itself dates back to the 90s and had some great dudes like John Brown a pharmacist from Wichita who died a few years back from cancer. He hated Missouri, man-o-man.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

surly wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:00 am .com was in trouble when the Lawrence Journal-World was sold by local family to a WV company. The forum itself dates back to the 90s and had some great dudes like John Brown a pharmacist from Wichita who died a few years back from cancer. He hated Missouri, man-o-man.
Shut up Bob
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

pdub wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:50 am He was one of the very few people here to be banned.
You know I was one of the few people who could and did tolerate him.
Then he started posting SHIT on my Facebook page and/or sent me private messages that went too far.
I had to personally ban him from my social media stuff.
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

AlOerter wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:20 pm Been on .com for 15 years. Don't appreciate the abrupt end.
n00b. And .com hasn't been a going concern for the last seven years.
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

pdub - Thanks for the welcome.

NiceDC - You're right. .com has been dying a slow death for several years. I stuck around to do my part to help keep it going but I'm afraid my posts aren't very exciting or controversial.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Grandma wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:15 pm
pdub wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:50 am He was one of the very few people here to be banned.
You know I was one of the few people who could and did tolerate him.
Then he started posting SHIT on my Facebook page and/or sent me private messages that went too far.
I had to personally ban him from my social media stuff.
you too?
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

AlOerter wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:56 pm ...com has been dying a slow death for several years. I stuck around to do my part to help keep it going but I'm afraid my posts aren't very exciting or controversial.
you'll fit right in here
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

Rob Curly leaving began the slow death march.q
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Did ColdWarKid resurface under a new name? Since racist Bob Strawn is back, it would be nice to have the cat killer back as well.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I expected them to at least give the remaining moderators a head's up. No notice and no warning. I posted on Tuesday and on Wednesday the lights were turned off. Weird way to end something that lasted that long. All my dazzle dazzle undertaker threads, gone.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

It was a good run. I'll miss it.
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

japhy wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:41 pm I expected them to at least give the remaining moderators a head's up. No notice and no warning.
I still can't believe this.
Up for awards in the 90's partly because of the message bored they ran and then, oh well.
No awareness of whatever is left of their brand.
edjayhawk

Post by edjayhawk »

AlOerter wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:20 pm Been on .com for 15 years. Don't appreciate the abrupt end.
Yeah I wish there was more of an explanation why they ended it.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

jhawks99 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:29 am It was a good run. I'll miss it.

I will, too
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
bigB

Post by bigB »

All my track and field posts are gone,
JimmyJames

Post by JimmyJames »

edjayhawk wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:07 pm
Yeah I wish there was more of an explanation why they ended it.
The explanation is simple. The moderators allowed racism, homophobia, and misogyny to run rampant on the forum for far too long and the LJWorld was no longer willing to tolerate it.

I had called tmcats out on his overt racism in a post from several months back only to have his clear racism defended by a moderator, beenahawk. I warned beenahawk that there was zero chance that I would ever let racism slide but he made his position clear that he would rather protect tmcats (and allow him to incessantly troll the forum) than to stop him from spewing racist garbage.

After several months of me relentlessly demanding that tmcats be held accountable for his racism, things came to a head. At the beginning of August, beenahawk foolishly ghost edited one of my posts to make it look like I had actually said something racist that I did not in fact say. This was a clear escalation by beenahawk and he had no idea how far I was willing to go to end racism on the board. I called beenahawk out on this and he deleted every post and thread that talked about it. He banned me for a month for daring to challenge his ePeen.

When I returned in early September I made it crystal clear that I would not kowtow to moderator abuse, I would not tolerate racism, and that I was prepared to exceed any level of escalation he thought his cowardly ruralite mind could bring. beenahawk threatened to permanently ban me for daring to stand up to him for protecting open and notorious racism on the board owned by the LJWorld. I warned him a final time that he would lose this war if he continued to come at me.

His hubris led him to think he could continue to get away with protecting racists on the board.

I contacted the LJWorld directly and provided them with substantial evidence of beenahawk's wrongdoing and told them if they weren't going to enforce reasonable moderation on the board that they should just shut it down. Shortly after I initiated contact with LJWorld management, beenahawk banned me until January - not that it would matter anymore... After investigating beenahawk's abuse of his moderator privileges that day, the LJWorld management apologized to me and agreed with me that the board should just be shut down since they did not have the resources to continue to monitor the board and ensure that "volunteer," non-staff moderators were acting appropriately. The board was shut down the same day.

Scorched earth, motherfucker.

----------------------------------------------------
Tryin' to bring down me, THE CHAMPION?
When y'all clowns gon' see that it CAN'T BE DONE
Understand me son, I'm the slickest they is,
I'm the quickest they is, did I say I'm the slickest they is?
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

Oh, Jimmy is going to love Walrus and Mich.
surly

Post by surly »

Isn't TMCats the handle for Bob Strawn? If so, this doesn't seem racist.

The Mercury
Conservative former mayor: Black lives matter to all of us
To the editor:

So, K-State football jerseys are now carrying a "BLM" patch. And this has caused a degree of angst amongst some Wildcat fans. So much so that they have withdrawn support in an amount yet to be quantified by the Athletics Department.

As a conservative former mayor of this fine town, and an avid fan, my hope is that we accept this slogan as a statement about the culture we hope to further at our university and within the athletics program.

That in fact black lives do matter to us, all of us. That we recognize being a black youngster carries with it challenges that perhaps we have not recognized. And that better-policing benefits all of us.

Now some will read this as Bob Strawn kowtowing to some far-off leftist agenda. To which I say, poppycock! Black lives matter to you, to me, to all of us. To deny that is evil.

So, get behind these administrators, coaches, and youngsters. See the good in their hopes. Cheer your hearts out for them. And oh, yeah, EMAW!

Bob Strawn

https://themercury.com/opinion/letters- ... c8832.html