RIP Eddie

Coffee talk.
jhawks99
Contributor

RIP Eddie

Post by jhawks99 »

Sucks, big time.
Saw them twice. Both just after they released their 1st album in '78 (I think).
1st was a Summer Jam at Royals Stadium where they opened for Eddie Money, Steve Miller and Kansas.
Second was later the same year. They opened for Black Sabbath.
Broham
shindig

Re: RIP Eddie

Post by shindig »

Yep, guy had crazy guitar skills. Only time I saw them was in 2012 at Sprint Center. Eddie was awesome, DLR sucked.
Deleted User 289

Re: RIP Eddie

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Buddy of mine was a roadie for Van Halen a long time ago.

Eddie & me comin in hot backstage Cincinnati 1984- My greatest memory of that tour, besides them opening with Unchained every night, was back at the hotel and hanging in Eddie’s room because he was writing the soundtrack to the sequel to “Fast Times at Ridgemont High”, called, “Wildlife” starring Sean Penn’s younger, Chris. The movie panned but the soundtrack is killer! I remember Eddie would run his little black Steinberger guitar thru a Rockman then into a 4-track cassette recorder and have headphones coming out of both the rockman and the cassette deck. Needless to say I’d get on that second set of phones and kick back give him “the thumbs up” many many times during a night as he wrote, and yell, “SOUNDS GREAT MAN”!! It became an inside joke and anytime I’d pass him backstage we’d always give each other thumbs up but more than that, he was the kinda guy that would turn and put his two hand on your face and look ya deep in the eyes and check on ya. Extremely tender hearted. I was 22 yrs old and he treated me like a little brother. Thank you Edward Van Halen - I’m ETERNALLY a fan!! RIP 🙏♥️🙏