Grandma's 5 Questions for 10/14/20

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 289

Grandma's 5 Questions for 10/14/20

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Figured I would do some mid-week question asking.

1) If I offered to pay you $350 to wear this from 8:00am to 8:00pm tomorrow and you still did your normal activities for the day, would you do it?

2) If you were the only person who decided if Amy Coney Barrett became a Supreme Court Justice - would you decide yea or nay?

3) You are asked/told to throw a party for 200 complete strangers and you can invite 20 people you know.
The party has to be at a bar or restaurant in your home town and money/cost is not a concern. You can have any band or musician perform for 2 consecutive hours. Who do you choose?

4) If it's not too personal of a question, when and what was the last surgery you had? Assuming you have had a surgical procedure. If you haven't, please say as such.

5) Just by sight alone, which burger is the most appealing to you?

a)

b)

c)

d)

e)

f)

g)

h)

i)
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Grandma's 5 Questions for 10/14/20

Post by pdub »

1. Sure
2. I'd need to read more about her past - but if they asked me right now, i'd say nay, because I think it should wait until mid November.
3. If during the pandemic, I choose someone like the Dixie Chicks because I think no one would show - certainly not the crowd who is against masks. If pandemic not a factor, give me Explosions in the Sky. If I can have anyone I want, magically, give me Tom Petty resurrected for 2 hours.
4. Back surgery a while ago - thankfully my achilles tear didn't require surgery.
5. I'm saying e - though if I don't get fries with e and I get 2 burgers and fries with d, i'm going d.
Deleted User 289

1. Yes
2. She and I are polar opposites in terms of many of our beliefs. For that reason, I say no. Do I think she's "qualified"? Sure, why not? I won't be happy if she is appointed but I feel there are far worse choices that could be made.
3. Too many unknowns such as who are the 200 people. If I don't give the question too much thought, I might go with the Rolling Stones. I really have no idea why they came to mind and I am choosing them instead of anyone else.
4. Eye surgery last week.
5. No idea. I have had several of them. NO CHEESE! I am not a fan of "gimmick" burgers.
If I have to pick one to eat right now - I am going with g (the Beinlich's burger) which I know is one of the most visually unappealing choices.
Deleted User 289

pdub wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:33 am 1. Sure
2. I'd need to read more about her past - but if they asked me right now, i'd say nay, because I think it should wait until mid November.
3. If during the pandemic, I choose someone like the Dixie Chicks because I think no one would show - certainly not the crowd who is against masks. If pandemic not a factor, give me Explosions in the Sky. If I can have anyone I want, magically, give me Tom Petty resurrected for 2 hours.
4. Back surgery a while ago - thankfully my achilles tear didn't require surgery.
5. I'm saying e - though if I don't get fries with e and I get 2 burgers and fries with d, i'm going d.
3. I have been to more than 1000 "concerts". A top 3 best/favorite for me was Petty at the Hard Rock (The Joint) in Vegas. Less than 2000 people. I was 25 feet away from him. I have seen him perform about 10 times. This time he was far and away enjoying himself the most. What some people don't realize is that as great as Petty was, Mike Campbell was a HUGE part of what made Petty and the Heartbreakers who they were.

This was one of the two times I saw him at The Joint. May he rest in peace.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

1) WTH is that? Yeah, I work from home and no one except Mrs 99 would see it.
2) Based on the voter intimidation thing yesterday, nope.
3) Stones
4) Eye surgery for a torn retina
5) I
Broham
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

1. Yes
2. No
3. Fleetwood Mac or Jay-Z
4. Meniscus
5. E (although egg on burger isn't my preference).
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Depending on if it was prior to noon, that egg may or may not stay on said burger.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

1. Unlikely
2. No way
3. Mark Knopfler
4. Meniscus tear fix
5. None really. Maybe b if vegetarian patty