Dumbfuck in charge

Ugh.
Deleted User 310

Re: Dumbfuck in charge

Post by Deleted User 310 »

twocoach wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:59 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:52 am
twocoach wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:49 am

"This" is a nothing burger that no one on the fence seems to care about. Gee you still haven't commented on the ecent discovery of Trump's corporate bank accounts in China or his debts of hundreds of millions of dollars to unnamed sources.
Talk about a "nothing burger"...

Trump International Hotels Management had "opened an account with a Chinese bank having offices in the United States in order to pay the local taxes".

"No deals, transactions or other business activities ever materialised and, since 2015, the office has remained inactive," Mr Garten said.

"Though the bank account remains open, it has never been used for any other purpose," he told the NY Times.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-54625422
I hope that's true. And it looks like he has paid more in local Chinese taxes than he has in US federal income taxes. What are those "local taxes" for? Maybe sales tax on the tons of Chinese made products he has bought for his hotels?
Which isn't surprising.

With depreciation expenses, and maybe some section 179 expense deductions, i doubt trump has positive income on his K1s from many of his entities.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

So the next question is why didn't he disclose it?
Deleted User 310

twocoach wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:17 am So the next question is why didn't he disclose it?
Hard to say....but i sort of doubt he is aware of every single individual corporate bank account for every single entity he has ownership stake in.

Now, when you decide to run for president you probably should have someone inform you of things like that....so i am not acting like it was acceptable not to disclose something like that.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:39 am
twocoach wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:17 am So the next question is why didn't he disclose it?
Hard to say....but i sort of doubt he is aware of every single individual corporate bank account for every single entity he has ownership stake in.

Now, when you decide to run for president you probably should have someone inform you of things like that....so i am not acting like it was acceptable not to disclose something like that.
It's not acceptable to leave shit out on a job application for working at a restaurant let alone on your financial disclosure form when running for President. I doubt he was required to fill out the disclosure form from memory alone. He was allowed to contact every lawyer and every accountant he has to provide him this info. If you think it's just a memory miss then you're gullible or choosing to see it that way.

Best case scenario is that he is sloppy, uninformed and incompetent at performing even a basic task.
Last edited by twocoach on Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

There is no distance between Trump and his family business. He cashed out $17M for services and actions unknown. It appears to be a large bribe.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Walrus wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:13 pm Biden was already heading towards a loss, but this was the final nail in the coffin.
"This" is a nothing burger that no one on the fence seems to care about. Gee you still haven't commented on the ecent discovery of Trump's corporate bank accounts in China or his debts of hundreds of millions of dollars to unnamed sources.
The Hunter Biden thing is a big deal if you think the president colluding with Russia to spread disinformation is a big deal. It is to me.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Sparko wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:08 am
Walrus wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:13 pm Biden was already heading towards a loss, but this was the final nail in the coffin.
The Hunter Biden thing is a big deal if you think the president colluding with Russia to spread disinformation is a big deal. It is to me.
It's in the hands of the FBI now. I'll trust them to tell me if it is a big deal or not. It's sketchy enough at first glance to not be something to take seriously at this time. If I learn more about it that is official and trustworthy then I may feel differently. I already voted so it isn't affecting that. We'll see.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

twocoach wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:16 am

It's in the hands of the FBI now. I'll trust them to tell me if it is a big deal or not. It's sketchy enough at first glance to not be something to take seriously at this time. If I learn more about it that is official and trustworthy then I may feel differently. I already voted so it isn't affecting that. We'll see.
How so? If everything being alleged is true, it means Biden may have been wrong in saying he "never" discusses business with Hunter. That's it.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Mjl wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:21 am
How so? If everything being alleged is true, it means Biden may have been wrong in saying he "never" discusses business with Hunter. That's it.
That doesn't bother me. It doesn't sound like it bothers you. So what are we talking about here?

I havent dismissed it yet but it's currently not something that bothers me enough to think that it's a disqualifying thing for Biden. Who knows what the FBI will find when it's investigation concludes. I'd be surprised if this is more than "Hunter Biden did drugs and other people wanted to get access and favors from his Dad". No shit they would want that.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Sparko wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:58 am There is no distance between Trump and his family business. He cashed out $17M for services and actions unknown. It appears to be a large bribe.
Can you say “money laundering” boys and girls?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The Hunter Biden stuff was a Russian disinformation op in real time. Trump was already impeached for it. The clumsy follow-up was an attempt to recreate the Comey mistake of four years ago.
Deleted User 310

twocoach wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:40 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:39 am

It's not acceptable to leave shit out on a job application for working at a restaurant let alone on your financial disclosure form when running for President. I doubt he was required to fill out the disclosure form from memory alone. He was allowed to contact every lawyer and every accountant he has to provide him this info. If you think it's just a memory miss then you're gullible or choosing to see it that way.

Best case scenario is that he is sloppy, uninformed and incompetent at performing even a basic task.
We definitely know he is incompetent at completion of basic tasks.

Whether he is required to disclose every single business/corporate bank account is unknown to me. I would assume so? Even if there are thousands....but this isn't a personal checking account, so i don't see it as some sketchy thing for china to funnel him money, especially since china fucking hates him. To me it seems like them having satellite offices in the US makes it sort of unlikely this was used for nefarious reasons.
Deleted User 310

Will it be trustworthy enough if it comes from anonymous sources and leaks allegedly from people with inside knowledge?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:07 am
Will it be trustworthy enough if it comes from anonymous sources and leaks allegedly from people with inside knowledge?
Just ask the actual question that you're trying to dance me into.
Deleted User 310

I just asked it.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

If you are a republican, dt can do no wrong. If you are a Democrat, dt does everything wrong.

If you are a Democrat, jb can do no wrong. If you are a republican, jb does everything wrong.

See how that works.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

If dt does it, the democrats scream impeach impeach impeach. If dt does it, the republicans say “nothing to see here.”

If jb does it, the republicans scream impeach impeach impeach. If jb does it, the Democrat say “nothing to see here.”

See how that works.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

they’ve already tried to impeach Biden?

man, talk about knowing you’re going to loose. that’s some next level throwing in of the towel
Deleted User 310

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:54 am they’ve already tried to impeach Biden?

man, talk about knowing you’re going to loose. that’s some next level throwing in of the towel
If we know he is likely going to lose, then i am sure they know it too. They probably have access to better info than us.

I am afraid of what will happen if he somehow pulls off the upset again though, can't lie about that.