Dumbfuck in charge

Ugh.
twocoach

Re: Dumbfuck in charge

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:43 pm I think we should be under strict lockdown if we want to stop the spread and get transmission levels down to where there isn't community spread. No schools. No businesses. No going inside anywhere. Just hospitals and grocery pick up/delivery (no going inside grocery stores). Pay for gas at the pump. That's it. Nothing else is really essential and has to be done in person. Work from home. Teach your kids school stuff at home. NO gathering with anyone who doesn't live in your household. 8-10 straight weeks of that with near 100% of people following it and we could damn near knock this thing out.

It'll never happen, but that is what it takes.
And I think it would be great for us to all hit the lottery. It's about as likely. Trump and the disinformation machine have polluted too many minds into believing they are doing their patriotic duty by resisting every bit of this.
Last edited by twocoach on Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

twocoach wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:52 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:17 pm
twocoach wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:41 pm
And the Captain Obvious Award goes to...

The person most to blame for our current state of COVID is Trump. I dont give a fuck how other countries are doing. No fucking shit it's a virus. And nor a single person has stated that they are disappointed that Trump didn't singlehandedly "stop" COVID.

Stop making ignorant, dismissive comments like this. People are mad that the leader of our nation has not only not led us but has actively worked against our best interests, has lied to us and has turned this into a situation where some people are taking pride and celebrating working against what is in our nation's best interest. Your flippant bullshit is part of the problem.
Oh get off your fucking high horse with your self righteous bullshit. My posts on a messageboard with 25 people are not "part of the problem" when it comes to covid.

People not reducing their activities enough is part of the problem. Things like sending kids to indoor dance classes and such.

The person(s) i blame most for our current state of covid is US. Not trump. Not china. US. Our fucking citizens. We are the only ones who can stop the spread. We are the only ones responsible for our actions. Not trump.
Every sports team takes on the mentality of their leader. If that leader is a hard working, selfless team player then the team tends to be that, too.

Look what Team Trump has been trained to believe. Look at how they have been shown to behave. Your "we're all responsible for our own behavior" shtick is individually accurate but collectively ignorant. Sorry, but the words and behaviors of our President is directly responsible for mirrored words and behaviors. You can wish it wasn't that way but live in reality. It is.
This isn't a sports team. Most people aren't looking at trump to lead them and their lives.

60% of the country disagree with trumps handling of the coronavirus. Only 37% agree with it.....and yet, many of that 60% do dumb things that spread the virus.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKBN26T3OF
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:58 pm

Oh get off your fucking high horse with your self righteous bullshit. My posts on a messageboard with 25 people are not "part of the problem" when it comes to covid.

People not reducing their activities enough is part of the problem. Things like sending kids to indoor dance classes and such.

The person(s) i blame most for our current state of covid is US. Not trump. Not china. US. Our fucking citizens. We are the only ones who can stop the spread. We are the only ones responsible for our actions. Not trump.
Every sports team takes on the mentality of their leader. If that leader is a hard working, selfless team player then the team tends to be that, too.

Look what Team Trump has been trained to believe. Look at how they have been shown to behave. Your "we're all responsible for our own behavior" shtick is individually accurate but collectively ignorant. Sorry, but the words and behaviors of our President is directly responsible for mirrored words and behaviors. You can wish it wasn't that way but live in reality. It is.
This isn't a sports team. Most people aren't looking at trump to lead them and their lives.

60% of the country disagree with trumps handling of the coronavirus. Only 37% agree with it.....and yet, many of that 60% do dumb things that spread the virus.

And even worse, some of those 60% will still vote for Trump.
Deleted User 310

twocoach wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:57 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:43 pm I think we should be under strict lockdown if we want to stop the spread and get transmission levels down to where there isn't community spread. No schools. No businesses. No going inside anywhere. Just hospitals and grocery pick up/delivery (no going inside grocery stores). Pay for gas at the pump. That's it. Nothing else is really essential and has to be done in person. Work from home. Teach your kids school stuff at home. NO gathering with anyone who doesn't live in your household. 8-10 straight weeks of that with near 100% of people following it and we could damn near knock this thing out.

And I think it would be great for us to all hit the lottery. It's about as likely.
And you think that is trumps fault? I don't.

This is on our citizens for not giving enough of a damn to make huge sacrifices for 8-10 weeks.

We don't need trump to tell us to. We could all make the decision and lockdown, but we wouldn't. I would. Would you?
Deleted User 310

twocoach wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:00 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:58 pm

And even worse, some of those 60% will still vote for Trump.
Ya maybe....i am guessing not many. I suppose i wouldn't be shocked if the popular vote ends up 60%ish biden and 37%ish trump.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:01 pm
twocoach wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:57 pm

And I think it would be great for us to all hit the lottery. It's about as likely.
And you think that is trumps fault? I don't.

This is on our citizens for not giving enough of a damn to make huge sacrifices for 8-10 weeks.

We don't need trump to tell us to. We could all make the decision and lockdown, but we wouldn't. I would. Would you?
No, I personally don't either but I dont assume that everyone else in the nation is the same as me.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:39 pm I expect jb to have the fungus under his control by thanksgiving.
You can't be this stupid. You know who will be president on Thanksgiving, right?
Broham
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Our dance studios protocols are what Biden is talking about as the way for businesses and schools to move forward. They test their staff regularly and have strict protocols for contact tracing in place and are obnoxiously transparent in their communications. I love to know what's going on but their constant emails have nearly reached user fatigue level. Kids wear their masks 100% of the time and classes have been split in half to reduce group sizes. When their staff tests showed that three members of the staff (and the child of one of the staff members) tested positive, they went immediately to their full remote schedule which was already fully built and ready to be used.

Their contact tracing determined that the staff members had gone into a staff break room for an hour break and had taken off their masks and sat around together. That hole in their plan has now been eliminated. When they reopen next week, the staff will no longer be allowed to use their break room instead remainng out in the lobby with masks on.

But our studio is a massive facility with 2 dozen rooms in their facility and plenty of money to pay for all these extra procedures. Biden's plan is to provide that additional funding to pay for the added costs of doing all of that so that the smaller businesses that simply cannot afford to enact such rigorous protocols can afford it and we can get them back up and running safely. Right now they are either closed or crossing their fingers and praying. Thats not sustainable.

Our nation cannot survive your "plan" and shut down 100% for 8 weeks because people will not do it and businesses would not survive it. It would be the death of countless more small businesses and would like lead to civil unrest. Trump has people so turned against masks and mandates that I am fearful what would happen if Biden would even try that.

We're in this situation because people aren't wearing masks at every point in time that they should. They wear a mask to go to the grocery store and to the hardware store and then they have 10 friends over to their house to socialize without masks on or spend 2 hours inside a restaurant without masks on. It completely nullifies the good decisions made earlier.

We're in this situation in the Midwest in large part because of Sturgis and the mentality of those who would attend such a ridiculous event. Take the average distance traveled by a Sturgis 2020 participant, draw a circle on a map of the US with Sturgis at the center and a radius of that average travel distance and you would have a circle around the vast majority of the current hot spots in the Midwest right now. Not only did those people take COVID home to their communities but they spread it through their home communities by continuing to disregard their local COVID protocols. Many have refused to be tested even when symptomatic and/or have refused to participate in contact tracing to help reduce mitigation efforts.

Then factor in the ridiculous behaviors and decisions by college students across America and throw Trump's active campaign against COVID because he's mad that it messed up his reelection campaign and here we are.
Deleted User 310

twocoach wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:07 am

Our dance studios protocols are what Biden is talking about as the way for businesses and schools to move forward. They test their staff regularly and have strict protocols for contact tracing in place and are obnoxiously transparent in their communications. I love to know what's going on but their constant emails have nearly reached user fatigue level. Kids wear their masks 100% of the time and classes have been split in half to reduce group sizes. When their staff tests showed that three members of the staff (and the child of one of the staff members) tested positive, they went immediately to their full remote schedule which was already fully built and ready to be used.

Their contact tracing determined that the staff members had gone into a staff break room for an hour break and had taken off their masks and sat around together. That hole in their plan has now been eliminated. When they reopen next week, the staff will no longer be allowed to use their break room instead remainng out in the lobby with masks on.

But our studio is a massive facility with 2 dozen rooms in their facility and plenty of money to pay for all these extra procedures. Biden's plan is to provide that additional funding to pay for the added costs of doing all of that so that the smaller businesses that simply cannot afford to enact such rigorous protocols can afford it and we can get them back up and running safely. Right now they are either closed or crossing their fingers and praying. Thats not sustainable.

Our nation cannot survive your "plan" and shut down 100% for 8 weeks because people will not do it and businesses would not survive it. It would be the death of countless more small businesses and would like lead to civil unrest. Trump has people so turned against masks and mandates that I am fearful what would happen if Biden would even try that.

We're in this situation because people aren't wearing masks at every point in time that they should. They wear a mask to go to the grocery store and to the hardware store and then they have 10 friends over to their house to socialize without masks on or spend 2 hours inside a restaurant without masks on. It completely nullifies the good decisions made earlier.

We're in this situation in the Midwest in large part because of Sturgis and the mentality of those who would attend such a ridiculous event. Take the average distance traveled by a Sturgis 2020 participant, draw a circle on a map of the US with Sturgis at the center and a radius of that average travel distance and you would have a circle around the vast majority of the current hot spots in the Midwest right now. Not only did those people take COVID home to their communities but they spread it through their home communities by continuing to disregard their local COVID protocols. Many have refused to be tested even when symptomatic and/or have refused to participate in contact tracing to help reduce mitigation efforts.

Then factor in the ridiculous behaviors and decisions by college students across America and throw Trump's active campaign against COVID because he's mad that it messed up his reelection campaign and here we are.
That's all fine, but strict lockdown is the only way that the spread can be stopped.

Those things your dance studio is doing sounds great. They will mitigate the spread. But it won't stop the spread within that studio unfortunately. It just isn't how it works with an airborne virus. Cloth masks aren't a 100% stopper. Especially not indoors with people you don't live with for long periods of time.

Indoor activities are not safe if the goal is to stop the spread.

Some of your assumptions are ridiculous. Trump supporters aren't the only ones having large gatherings. Sturgis isn't the reason the entire midwest has an issue.

Viruses spread. That is what they do.

Either shutdown or shutup. It comes off like you think your activities are okay becuase you "need" them, but others are the problem. I don't mean that in a rude way, but you can't be casting blame like you are if you aren't willing to lockdown. That is how it has been successful in other countries and really nothing else. If you aren't willing to lockdown then you don't get to decide what is excusable for other people based on your needs/wants.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

We live in a country full of morons and assholes. Morons and assholes are the people who are primarily responsible for the reason the virus is spreading at the rate it is.
The morons and assholes are primarily the people who are bitching about "shut downs", and having to wear a mask, and.......

Illini is on here actually defending Trump. Of course Trump isn't solely responsible for the virus fiasco in this country but he sure as shit is partially responsible. He has been a moron and an asshole in terms of his facing, addressing, and handling the virus. It's indefensible. Period.

Carry on.....
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:56 am
twocoach wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:07 am

That's all fine, but strict lockdown is the only way that the spread can be stopped.

Those things your dance studio is doing sounds great. They will mitigate the spread. But it won't stop the spread within that studio unfortunately. It just isn't how it works with an airborne virus. Cloth masks aren't a 100% stopper. Especially not indoors with people you don't live with for long periods of time.

Indoor activities are not safe if the goal is to stop the spread.

Some of your assumptions are ridiculous. Trump supporters aren't the only ones having large gatherings. Sturgis isn't the reason the entire midwest has an issue.

Viruses spread. That is what they do.

Either shutdown or shutup. It comes off like you think your activities are okay becuase you "need" them, but others are the problem.
Me: "We're in this situation because people aren't wearing masks at every point in time that they should."

Illy: " I'll bet what you really meant was "We're in this situation because Trump supporters aren't wearing masks at every point in time that they should." How dare you only blame Trump supporters!

You do this stupid shit all the time. You're not a mind reader. You suck at it. If I meant what you thought I meant then I would have written it. I have zero problem in calling out Trump supporters if I felt it was only them but I don't.

And what the fuck is this mess? "Either shutdown or shutup. It comes off like you think your activities are okay becuase you "need" them, but others are the problem."

I dont "need" my 7 year to take dance classes. That doesn't even make any sense. You telling me that the only way I can have a voice in this is to shut down all activities is the epitome of the "self righteous bullshit" you called me out for.

I am merely sharing my personal experiences with a local business that I think is doing a pretty good job of finding a way to function in this current situation. What Biden is describing sounds to me like efforts to help more businesses function in a similar manner.

You just cannot get your faulty preconceived notions about people out of your own way when you read people's posts. It's the one thing you're consistent with on here.

Yes, technically the quickest way to eliminate this virus is to lock everyone in their houses for months with zero interaction with any other human contact but that isn't the best course of action for the nation as a whole in my opinion. And it's 100% never going to happen so continuing to harp on it just feels like you're laying the groundwork to complain about the handling of it if Biden wins the election.
Deleted User 310

twocoach wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:30 am #1)
Me: "We're in this situation because people aren't wearing masks at every point in time that they should."

Illy: " I'll bet what you really meant was "We're in this situation because Trump supporters aren't wearing masks at every point in time that they should." How dare you only blame Trump supporters!

You do this stupid shit all the time. You're not a mind reader. You suck at it. If I meant what you thought I meant then I would have written it. I have zero problem in calling out Trump supporters if I felt it was only them but I don't.

#2)
And what the fuck is this mess? "Either shutdown or shutup. It comes off like you think your activities are okay becuase you "need" them, but others are the problem."

I dont "need" my 7 year to take dance classes. That doesn't even make any sense. You telling me that the only way I can have a voice in this is to shut down all activities is the epitome of the "self righteous bullshit" you called me out for.

I am merely sharing my personal experiences with a local business that I think is doing a pretty good job of finding a way to function in this current situation. What Biden is describing sounds to me like efforts to help more businesses function in a similar manner.

You just cannot get your faulty preconceived notions about people out of your own way when you read people's posts. It's the one thing you're consistent with on here.

#3)
Yes, technically the quickest way to eliminate this virus is to lock everyone in their houses for months with zero interaction with any other human contact but that isn't the best course of action for the nation as a whole in my opinion. And it's 100% never going to happen so continuing to harp on it just feels like you're laying the groundwork to complain about the handling of it if Biden wins the election.
#1)
you constantly blame trump for people not wearing masks. It has very little to do with trump. Especially for people who hate trump. You think people who hate trump would suddenly ONLY listen to trump about masks? People have TV and internet, hundreds of doctors and scientists have told people to wear masks and they STILL DON'T LISTEN. you know why? For many of them it is because this virus isn't deadly to the vast majority of them.

#2)
you can have a voice, but your virtue signaling seems hypocritical when you also engage and let your kids engage in activities that spread the virus. So finger pointing at sturgis like they are the main problem is stupid. They view that as an activity worth taking risk for. You view dance class as an activity worth taking some risk for. People have choices to make for themselves. I am not saying you are wrong for making your choices, but you got up on a high horse and called me part of the problem.....FOR POSTING ON A MESSAGEBOARD....you know how many people have contracted covid on messageboards? ZERO.

#3)
It isn't the quickest way, it is the ONLY way to eliminate the virus. And really about the only way to slow the spread significantly.

Do i think Biden should shut everything down? No not really. Like you said, many people won't listen.....but guess what, we all have personal choices to make. Trump blames China. You blame Trump. But the real blame for the majority of the reason of how shitty our country is doing is on the american citizens.

I will just keep making my choices in ways that keep my family safe and let the others make their choices until we get thru this. Trump couldn't fix it. Biden won't be able to fix it. It would take all of us, but that ain't the american way when it comes to covid. It simply isn't deadly enough for everyone to give a shit.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Once jb and comma’la are elected they own it. They better be ready to put their money where their fat mouth is. With all the yapping they been doing I expect it all to be cleaned up and straightened out so fast my head will spin.

All that fat mouthing is fun and games til it’s time to put up.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:00 am Once jb and comma’la are elected they own it. They better be ready to put their money where their fat mouth is. With all the yapping they been doing I expect it all to be cleaned up and straightened out so fast my head will spin.

All that fat mouthing is fun and games til it’s time to put up.
Oh the irony.....

If you are going to do the performative rage schtick for the next 4 years you really need to work on your game. Your one note symphony is pretty dull.

And remember to pace yourself. 4 years is a long time.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

You should at least wait for the dream team to get elected before you start walking back the expectations.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

My expectation is that petty moronic clowns will try to stir up trouble and divert attention from progress. I hope the country is as tired of right wing crybabies as I am.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:00 am Once jb and comma’la are elected they own it.
The "expectations" seem to be on your end. I haven't made any predictions at this point.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Deleted User 310

As long as we keep having overly dramatic tweets posted 40 times a day i will be happy. We must keep fighting the good fight!
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

japhy wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:40 am
MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:00 am Once jb and comma’la are elected they own it.
The "expectations" seem to be on your end. I haven't made any predictions at this point.
You’re right. Expect nothing. That way you won’t be disappointed when they deliver just that.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

MICH is really loosing it. See a therapist bud