Breeder's Cup

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 289

Breeder's Cup

Post by Deleted User 289 »

I know, not too many horse racing fans on here but to those who are......

Two best (and my favorite) days of horse racing in America just started. I'm off to a fantastic start.
Hit the Superfecta in the 1st race at Keenland. Didn't pay all that much but made about 12x my "investment" in the race.
My horse (the one I own 1/100,000th of :D ) races tomorrow in the Classic. 6 million dollar race.
Means the owner/s get 60% of that. After all fees, expenses, taxes, etc. I would get about $15 or $20. :lol:

https://www.breederscup.com/races/longines-classic
jhawks99
Contributor

Re: Breeder's Cup

Post by jhawks99 »

Keenland is 10 minutes from my house. Hopefully, they can open to the public soon.
KY Gov is begging people not to have huge parties but is likely being ignored.

Good luck with your horse.
Broham
Deleted User 289

Thanks 99!

1st race today was not a Breeders Cup race but in my 40 years of following horse racing - I just witnessed one of the most impressive performances of all time.
A 1/9 horse (Nashville) just broke the track record for a 7 furlong race - and he (and his jockey) didn't even try. At all. It looked like a breezing workout - yet it was a track record.
The announcers are rightfully saying he could have run in today's Breeders Cup Sprint race and probably would have won it.
Bummer for his owners. Winning a 125k race isn't as nice as winning a 2 million dollar race.
Deleted User 289

BAD SCENE. 2nd Race - Horse stumbles, chain reaction. Jockeys and horses went down.
Of course they are not showing it. Apparently of the 3 jockeys who looked to be possibly seriously injured - 2 are "up" and 1 was "down" for a while but is conscious.
Injured jockeys obviously affect/s the bigger races later on.
Deleted User 289

My horse fucking won!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Congrats gutter!
Deleted User 289

Thank you sir!
I've been out celebrating the Biden W and this was the icing on the cake.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Way to go, Gutter!
Deleted User 289

Thanks! I had nothing to do with it other than cheer him all the way around the track.
Like the Kentucky Derby, he ran a perfect race.