Totally random thread

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 289

Re: Totally random thread

Post by Deleted User 289 »

TraditionKU wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:59 am
Grandma wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:02 am Not sure what you are getting at.
0?
74,983,872,014?
Is there a correct exact answer to your question?
the correct answers are 1) a lot, and 2) more than the majority of vegans realize or care to admit

i don’t want to vilify all of them, particularly those that either grow their own food or obtain their food though responsible means, but...

many, if not most, vegans buy their food from grocery stores. that food is produced via the massive agri-business model. habitats (and the animals that once resided in them) were destroyed to convert land for agricultural purposes. annually, insecticides/pesticides are applied liberally to those crops. but, nobody sheds a tear over the invertebrates that succumb to the process.

the overwhelming majority of vegans (~90% by some estimates) chose to be so out of misplaced compassion for “animals”. i say misplaced because it seems the only animals they care about are those that are produced via the agri-business model (cows, pigs, chickens, etc.)

the “problem” isn’t that we eat meat, in and of itself...it’s that 1) we eat too much meat (as a society), and 2) “we” aren’t responsible in the way we produce the majority of the meat we consume
I sincerely thank you for a well thought out informative post.

I'm in no way anti-vegan but to the vegans....Yes, I am somewhat aware of how the meat gets from the animal in to my mouth and it's no doubt a terrible thing to think about but it's a choice I choose to and can live with. If it makes me a bad person in your eyes - so be it. I won't argue.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Grandma wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:03 pm
pdub wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:44 pm Captain Crunch's full name is Captain Horatio Magellan Crunch.
He captains the S.S. Guppy.
You are 100% correct about the Horatio Magellan Crunch part but on the box and the way he has been addressed - he is referred to as Cap'n Crunch.
Therefore, I wonder if his full name is really Captain Horatio Magellan Crunch or Cap'n Horatio Magellan Crunch.
Well, his name is Horatio Magellan Crunch.
But you should refer to him as Captain.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Grandma wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:09 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:59 am
Grandma wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:02 am Not sure what you are getting at.
0?
74,983,872,014?
Is there a correct exact answer to your question?
the correct answers are 1) a lot, and 2) more than the majority of vegans realize or care to admit

i don’t want to vilify all of them, particularly those that either grow their own food or obtain their food though responsible means, but...

many, if not most, vegans buy their food from grocery stores. that food is produced via the massive agri-business model. habitats (and the animals that once resided in them) were destroyed to convert land for agricultural purposes. annually, insecticides/pesticides are applied liberally to those crops. but, nobody sheds a tear over the invertebrates that succumb to the process.

the overwhelming majority of vegans (~90% by some estimates) chose to be so out of misplaced compassion for “animals”. i say misplaced because it seems the only animals they care about are those that are produced via the agri-business model (cows, pigs, chickens, etc.)

the “problem” isn’t that we eat meat, in and of itself...it’s that 1) we eat too much meat (as a society), and 2) “we” aren’t responsible in the way we produce the majority of the meat we consume
I sincerely thank you for a well thought out informative post.

I'm in no way anti-vegan but to the vegans....Yes, I am somewhat aware of how the meat gets from the animal in to my mouth and it's no doubt a terrible thing to think about but it's a choice I choose to and can live with. If it makes me a bad person in your eyes - so be it. I won't argue.
it doesn’t make you a bad person, per se

but, it isn’t a sustainable model of consumption

there’s also this to consider...

https://vox.com/future-perfect/2020/4/2 ... rming-meat

i liken it to the ever-increasing prevalence of MRSA
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

everybody should more aware of what it takea to get food to the table. Meat or otherwise. I think its important to be directly responsible for your meat least once in your life.

Even if its just a fish....

.but its ok to eat fish because they dont have any feeelinngss
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 289

Sorry, I'm a bit sidetracked.
Yesterday someone I know posted a video of a 6 year old who caught a fish. He was very excited and called out for his grandpa. Grandpa came over and helped him take the fish off the hook. The little kid said, "My hands smell like fish". The grandfather said something like , "What do we say when our hands smell like fish"? They both say at the same time - "it's a good day".
I laughed imagining the first time the kid "finger bangs" a girl. He's going to call his grandpa and say, "Hey grandpa - I'm just calling you to tell you it's a good day".
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

so when you say grandpa is that your significant other orrrr...?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

But for real, it’s supposed to be nice weather the next couple days here, and this time of year the Lakers can be caught off the bank. Hoping for some fresh po’boys for dinner tomorrow.
Deleted User 289

My/our company went "public" this morning (starts trading 8:30am Central time).
Our "management" will still "own" 78% of the equity interests of the company but it's a strong move.
Not sure how I will benefit (or suffer) but have been told it's most likely a "good thing" for me.
Depending on to what degree, beers/drinks on me if KU wins the Basketball National Championship in March/April/May/June of 2021.
Stay tuned.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Mrs 99 is demanding I take her to applebees for lunch.
Broham
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I tend to be a chain restaurant apologist/defender.

That being said, I hate applebees.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

know how I know you've been kicked out of an Applebees?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Burger and onion rings. Edible, but nothing special.
Broham
Deleted User 289

Nike.
Today released some Fear Of God apparel.
For those unfamiliar......
Jerry Lorenzo is a designer. He has a "Fear of God" line of clothing and accessories.
He's done collaborations with Nike.

Anyways, as I said, a few clothing items dropped (were released) on the Nike SNKRS app this morning at 9:00am Central time.
$45 t shirt I wanted - put in to buy it at 9:00:01am. At 9:04 am I received - "didn't get it" "Sold out".
Nike makes it all but impossible for their GOOD customers to buy their products. I just don't get it.
The crazy thing to me is when I have discussed it with Nike employees many of them understand my frustration and can't give me a good answer as to why Nike has such limited product releases.

How and why would a company such as Nike benefit from NOT making enough products to sell to meet the demand of their consumers?
Shit, Adidas pulls the same move. They have various "limited" product releases too.
I guess I am just too stupid to figure out why.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Leaves. So many damn leaves.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:02 pm Leaves. So many damn leaves.
Who, illy?
Deleted User 289

Maybe.
Perhaps he is referring to the NHL team in Toronto and the amount of players on their team?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

They are maple leafs, silver maple. And elm. So so many.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 289

First time I visited the White House I was a little kid. A Maple leaf fell from a tree and grazed me.
I kept it for a few years. No clue why.
Do you think they have Bald Eagles at 24 Sussex Drive?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I know theyre in Ottawa
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »