NBA Offseason

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 289

Re: NBA Offseason

Post by Deleted User 289 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:46 pm Water under the bridge.
Simple yet profound response. Job well done!

What I have learned to realize is - Jimmy Butler is a better player than I have given him credit for but he also confirmed to me that you can't win a championship with him as your best player.
At least not until he proves to me you can. ;)
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Klay Thompson may be done. Fucked up his leg AGAIN today. Bummer!
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

It may be his Achilles which is awful.
This has to affect how management goes about with the draft.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Yuck. Klay will never be the same. The Warriors might officially be over.

Unless Wiggins becomes an All-Star . . .
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Great news for LeBron.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

Cascadia wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:42 pm Great news for LeBron.
NBA is rigged!!!
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

What do you do if you're the Warriors?
I'm sure they were looking to move that pick or Wiggins ( and maybe still are with Wiggins ) but now what?
With Klay not back next year and the fear he won't ever be the same player ( Kobe came back from an achilles but many others, including Rio, didn't ), is it even possible to think about what you can get for Curry?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Oubre to GSW.

Not sure what it means or if he's staying put there.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Curry
Wiggens
Green
Wiseman

That is still good enough to get a Top 4 seed. Paschall, Lee and Poole are pretty good players as well.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:04 pm Oubre to GSW.

Not sure what it means or if he's staying put there.
That would be great for Oubre and GSW
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Cascadia wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:06 pm Curry
Wiggens
Green
Wiseman

That is still good enough to get a Top 4 seed. Paschall, Lee and Poole are pretty good players as well.
I really disagree here, unless you're predicting Wiggs becomes All-Star level, then I love it.

The reality is that GSW was not a good team even with Curry in the games he played this past season. Albeit, small sample size, but that was a team predicted to be in the 6-10 range without Klay. Then they traded D'Lo for Wiggs.

Oubre helps.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:09 pm
Cascadia wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:06 pm Curry
Wiggens
Green
Wiseman

I really disagree here, unless you're predicting Wiggs becomes All-Star level, then I love it.

The reality is that GSW was not a good team even with Curry in the games he played this past season. Albeit, small sample size, but that was a team predicted to be in the 6-10 range without Klay. Then they traded D'Lo for Wiggs.

Oubre helps.
Not quite All-Star level from Wiggs, but I think he'll be very close to it. I think he's going to thrive in GS.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Curry
Wiggins
Oubre
Green
Wiseman

That's good, not great.
Maybe 4 seed if things click.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

pdub wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:58 pm What do you do if you're the Warriors?
I'm sure they were looking to move that pick or Wiggins ( and maybe still are with Wiggins ) but now what?
With Klay not back next year and the fear he won't ever be the same player ( Kobe came back from an achilles but many others, including Rio, didn't ), is it even possible to think about what you can get for Curry?
It's tough to compare Klay to Kobe and Rio in this instance. Kobe was 35 when he tore his and you have to think Rio's years were coming to end anyway. Not the biggest guy, didn't have the greatest athleticism, and was already in the veteran backup role. What could help Klay not have as big a dip after this injury is that he doesn't exactly rely on explosiveness and supreme quickness.

My main question is it better or worse that it happened to his other leg? Would you rather have a recovered torn up knee and a torn achilles in the same leg or opposite?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Hope so. Was never really used right in Minny and Steph Curry opens up an offense for everyone.

Doesn't sound like GSW is giving up yet.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Kind of a catch 22 scenario right there.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NDballer13 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:30 pm
pdub wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:58 pm What do you do if you're the Warriors?
It's tough to compare Klay to Kobe and Rio in this instance. Kobe was 35 when he tore his and you have to think Rio's years were coming to end anyway. Not the biggest guy, didn't have the greatest athleticism, and was already in the veteran backup role. What could help Klay not have as big a dip after this injury is that he doesn't exactly rely on explosiveness and supreme quickness.

My main question is it better or worse that it happened to his other leg? Would you rather have a recovered torn up knee and a torn achilles in the same leg or opposite?
Defensively is where it's really going to hurt Klay because he was very good there. He'll still has a lot of basketball left in him, but it might look more like a Kyle Korver type. That's just not the same and Curry's going to be 34+ when Klay comes back. Klay will be 32 on a recovered achilles.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:30 pm Hope so. Was never really used right in Minny and Steph Curry opens up an offense for everyone.
To add, as always one of the weird truths for KU fan perspective: Wiggins is one day younger than Devonte' Graham and almost a whole year younger than Frank Mason. Still a lot of time to develop into something.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

that’s nutty
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Good for BIFM

“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG