COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
twocoach

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:57 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:20 pm
‘murica
Are you mad at America. Or are you really mad at hina? Be honest.
America. I expect China to be sneaky, dishonest and dangerous and they never fail to live up to my expectations. I didn't expect Americans to act with so little regard for their fellow man under the guise of intelligent, informed patriotism. It's childish, selfish and disgusting and we are worse off for it as a nation.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Whike i dont disagree.....china shouldve been more forthcoming...they knew about this wayyyyy earlier than they told the world. They couldve done a better job preparing the world and a better job stopping the spread.

Also for the record. I dont believe theyre current infection numbers. They reported 17 total new cases the other day. Bullshit.
Just Ledoux it
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

TDub wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:41 am Whike i dont disagree.....china shouldve been more forthcoming...they knew about this wayyyyy earlier than they told the world. They couldve done a better job preparing the world and a better job stopping the spread.

Also for the record. I dont believe theyre current infection numbers. They reported 17 total new cases the other day. Bullshit.
There's a reason Republican and Democratic administrations wanted and put into place our own surveillance apparatus on the ground in China.

Trump's desire to break things simply because they were attached to Obama has been unimaginably costly to US interests.

America first, indeed.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

exactly

pre-trump, we had a framework in place that more than likely would’ve given us pertinent and life-saving information months ahead of what actually happened
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

The US knew as soon as any country not named China knew.

The US, like the rest of the world, also knows who China is.

Plus I live here.

From my seat, and how it has affected me and those close to us, I'm way more upset with the US than China.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Just went to the store. Holy shit! The place is swarmed once again. It looks like 4th of July week with y’all in town again.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Everyone is, probably justifiably, stocking up for another comprehensive set of closings.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

At least up here, I’m not that sure if that’s the case.

It’s mostly just yall getting into town for the big holiday.

It’s easy to pick between the locals (usually wearing ratty old ski jackets) and the tourists (usually wearing Fort Worth Church League Flag Football Champs shirts)
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

No toilet paper around these parts...
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Nor here
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

They put limits on TP and cleaning supplies here pretty early this time. No issues with the tissues.
Broham
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

The one positive of living near a hospital "campus" during a pandemic is that I can walk two blocks and go in to any of about 100 Men's Rooms and grab TP if I am running low and can't find any to buy.
On the flip side of that, it freaked me out a few days ago when I walked in to a Men's Room at the hospital and there was a homeless guy who had just taken a shit (in a toilet) and he wasn't wearing a mask. I figured there is a decent chance "the fungus" was amongus. Of course I am hoping I'm wrong.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

My MIL found out a couple of days ago that the manager of her store and her manager's husband both have Covid and are now extremely ill. The horrible part is that both MIL and FIL are old and both have cardio and pulmonary issues, and over the course of the last week have worked in close proximity with the manager to do year-end inventory and accounting. We'll see if their mask wearing has given them a break. The store is on Mass Street between 9th and 10th.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Yuck, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope all goes well.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Best wishes to all involved.
Broham
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Tomorrow afternoon officially begins the start of a 67 day break for college students. Steer clear.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Good lord. That's insane. 67 day break. So many gatherings they are going to have too.

Side note. My kids school district is going to be hybrid for K-6 at best for next month and Remote for 7-12. 2 days in school, 3 days home for the hybrid model. If someone selects hybrid for your student, this is how it works: One group of kids go M/T, they clean everything Wednesday, next group goes Th/F. Clean building on weekend. Siblings go same days, obviously. But will be this way until Winter Break and beyond. I'm surprised the school year has gone as smooth as it has so far in my neck of the woods, tbh.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

The director of the CDC says school is the safest place for the kids to be.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:27 am Good lord. That's insane. 67 day break. So many gatherings they are going to have too.

Side note. My kids school district is going to be hybrid for K-6 at best for next month and Remote for 7-12. 2 days in school, 3 days home for the hybrid model. If someone selects hybrid for your student, this is how it works: One group of kids go M/T, they clean everything Wednesday, next group goes Th/F. Clean building on weekend. Siblings go same days, obviously. But will be this way until Winter Break and beyond. I'm surprised the school year has gone as smooth as it has so far in my neck of the woods, tbh.
The constant sanitization is going to be the pandemic's equivalent of taking our belts off in the airport for the rest of time.

It's theater. Time and money can be much better spent elsewhere, like good masks and air replacement systems.