COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 289

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by Deleted User 289 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:03 am
ousdahl wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:01 am and crazy that “essential worker” can be anything from an ER nurse to a dispensary budtender.
But not school teachers.
Really? They're not? Hmm, sure about that guy?

You still haven't responded to my calling you out on your lie yesterday. Go figure.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:05 am
jfish26 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:46 am I'm not sure there's a better (realistic) way to do it, but "congratulations, seniors, at-risk and essential workers, your reward is to be the guinea pigs for healthy, relatively young people!" is quite a thing.
Ain’t no law that says you have to take it. Don’t want it. Don’t take it.

Not unless you want to buy something from ticketmaster or fly on Qantas.

List will be increasing...
Just Ledoux it
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

TDub wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:40 amAlso, if natural immunity after contracrion is months(?) How will the vaccine be better? (Genuine question)
Need both.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Sounds like the vaccine will kick our butts for a couple days...
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:01 am and crazy that “essential worker” can be anything from an ER nurse to a dispensary budtender.
But not school teachers.
Where exactly is a schoolteacher not considered an essential worker?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

TDub wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:08 am
jfish26 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:46 am I'm not sure there's a better (realistic) way to do it, but "congratulations, seniors, at-risk and essential workers, your reward is to be the guinea pigs for healthy, relatively young people!" is quite a thing.

Right. In the US, the market will have to decide for US Citizens.

I'm very much in favor of airlines, large venues, etc. saying "show me your proof or we're not serving you." And, I can't wait for all the bitching and moaning about "mah rights."
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Should someone who refuses to wear a seatbelt be deprioritized for emergency care in the case of a huge accident?

I don't know the answer to that question. It's a hard one.

But at some point, we have ethical and moral obligations to look out for each other, not just ourselves.

I believe the phrase is "fuck your feelings."
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:13 am
But not school teachers.
You probably won't get an answer from him.
The guy takes no accountability for all the WRONG things that he posts.
He has Donald Trump disease.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

But not school teachers.
Pretty much everywhere where remote and online learning is taking place rather than in-person.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

the mrs. and i had a conversation related to this

the other aspect is from more of an evolutionary perspective, in that were protecting those that have little bearing on our future (the elderly) first
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:21 am

But not school teachers.
Pretty much everywhere where remote and online learning is taking place rather than in-person.
Dumbest shit ever.
Deleted User 89

But not school teachers.
dumb
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

But not school teachers.
Your mind is diseased. You're comparing apples and tire irons.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:13 am

I'm very much in favor of airlines, large venues, etc. saying "show me your proof or we're not serving you." And, I can't wait for all the bitching and moaning about "mah rights."

Ehh. Not sure I like that approach. In this instance I might lean towards Oussies favorite people (tho, in reality I won't because Im not going anywhere this year most likely). Can we at least test this on a large scale (no, 60k peopke is not a large scale) and wait a year or two before we start forcing it on society?

When China's Xi is leading the charge on something tbat could be used nefariously or oppressively....it makes me a bit apprehensive
Just Ledoux it
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:21 am
the mrs. and i had a conversation related to this

the other aspect is from more of an evolutionary perspective, in that were protecting those that have little bearing on our future (the elderly) first
Sure - there is a grim practicality to the prioritization. Certainly someone's decreased Covid survival expectation (because of age and/or other risk factors) plays into their tolerance for the risk of the vaccine.
Deleted User 89

not sure what you’re getting at, Tdub, but china has zero to do with any vaccine we’re likely to have available in the US
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Im also. Not sure that oppressively is a word...pretty sure its not...but ya get the idea
Last edited by TDub on Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:28 am not sure what you’re getting at, Tdub, but china has zero to do with any vaccine we’re likely to have available in the US
Yea its not the vaccine its the requirong of a vaccine to participate in society. Hes pushing this whole global code thing that identifies people as covid vaccinated or not. I cant remember exatcly what it was called...it was basically a golbal health QR code per individual
Just Ledoux it
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

TDub wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:26 am

Ehh. Not sure I like that approach. In this instance I might lean towards Oussies favorite people (tho, in reality I won't because Im not going anywhere this year most likely). Can we at least test this on a large scale (no, 60k peopke is not a large scale) and wait a year or two before we start forcing it on society?

When China's Xi is leading the charge on something tbat could be used nefariously or oppressively....it makes me a bit apprehensive
Sure, I understand that many are going to disagree with my views on it and the reasons why. And my thoughts on societal/personal freedoms as a whole.

I personally would rather fly an airline that's following Qantas's lead and would feel much safer having had to fly domestically during COVID. International travel barriers have taken a large toll on my house. Ready for a return and it seems the private sector will step up to meet that.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:33 am
TDub wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:26 am

Sure, I understand that many are going to disagree with my views on it and the reasons why. And my thoughts on societal/personal freedoms as a whole.

I personally would rather fly an airline that's following Qantas's lead and would feel much safer having had to fly domestically during COVID. International travel barriers have taken a large toll on my house. Ready for a return and it seems the private sector will step up to meet that.
Not to mention, assuming the federal government does not give corporations immunity from suit, travel and hospitality businesses really should adopt common-sense requirements in order to protect themselves.