COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by pdub »

Regardless, some of you preach tolerance and respecting others values and lifestyles but only if it fits your agenda. You should see how hypocritical that is but you don’t because lolz God and Christians all are hateful morons.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

There can be a big difference between calling someone/people out and finding fault in them - and being hateful towards a person/people.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Being tolerant and respecting others lifestyles is what I wrote. Not hateful towards someone.

“these folks might legit think they can pray away the covid, just like the gay.”

“cuz that cup had been blessed, and no way the good lord would let all his faithful believers get sick from it.”

“Yeah, but religious people are dumb. They believe in an imaginary friend.”
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Huh? You read those comments as hateful?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Should we really tolerate treating homosexuality like sin, and valuing prayer over practical health precautions during a pandemic?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Sorry this went down in the covid thread lol. I posted it in the context of the pandemic, but it was prone to tangent and prob shoulda gone in the scotus thread or the religious threads make you dumb thread instead.

But one last thing on that tangent. Still trying to wrap my mind around this one but I think there’s truth to it:

“It’s paradoxical, but in a tolerant society, intolerance shouldn’t be tolerated”
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:46 am

“It’s paradoxical, but in a tolerant society, intolerance shouldn’t be tolerated”
Hmm
Perhaps

Try it?
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

ousdahl wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:41 am Huh? You read those comments as hateful?
“Being tolerant and respecting others lifestyles is what I wrote.”

I didn’t write about being hateful.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

TDub wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:56 am
ousdahl wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:46 am

Hmm
Perhaps

Try it?
Exactly.
It feels obvious to me how hypocritical some posters on the bored are but I guess they don’t see it.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I guess scotus nailed it, then.

The problem in Merica right now isn’t the people who defy public health precautions during a pandemic. It’s the people who are violating other people’s religious freedom.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:23 am I guess scotus nailed it, then.

The problem in Merica right now isn’t the people who defy public health precautions during a pandemic. It’s the people who are violating other people’s religious freedom.
Im not religious....and this is only tangentially relates to religion.
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

There are two arguments/discussions here.

1. 1st Amendment- freedom of Religion and Assembly and how it’s interpreted during the pandemic.
2. Posters hypocrisy “fighting” against intolerance and stereotyping v certain races, sexes, belief systems but then openly preaching intolerance and stereotyping v specifically Christians.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Getting the slime at Sunday worship is no different than getting it at the supermarket. Or at the pharmacy. Or at Best Buy on Black Friday. Or at the doctors office. Or at the KANSAS basketball game in fort Myers. Or at the blm defund the police hootenanny.

God bless the woke culture for looking out for the rest of us. They are a blessing. But this is still America and I am free to get the crud wherever my governor dictates I can.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The slime.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

You say “the slime” in a way that’s not tolerant and respecting Mich’s lifestyle. It feels obvious to me how hypocritical some posters on the bored are but I guess they don’t see it.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

But for real, despite his best efforts otherwise, mich might have just actually made a good point.

Some folks do consider Sunday worship just as essential as food or medicine. Or KU Basketball! (Trick question: KU Basketball IS my religion.)

So we must tolerate that some folks value Sunday worship just as much as food or medicine, sure. But the Sunday worship folks should also have to tolerate public health precautions in a pandemic. One man’s rights end where another man’s rights begin. We must weigh one group’s freedom of religion and assembly against the health concerns of the entire community. Should an entire community endure increased risk of sickness and death just to accommodate one demographic screaming MAH RIGHTS ?

Whether we’ve come to be this way or whether we were always this way, America is a country of people who ask, “what are my rights” without asking, “what are my responsibilities?”
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:28 am

Then why are you taking religion’s side about it?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:54 am
TDub wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:28 am

Then why are you taking religion’s side about it?
Ive explained this thoroughly. Read previous posts.
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

ousdahl wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:47 am You say “the slime” in a way that’s not tolerant and respecting Mich’s lifestyle. It feels obvious to me how hypocritical some posters on the bored are but I guess they don’t see it.
I never said I wasn't hypocritical -- but also this is a very weak attempt at a comeback.
I'm just pointing out that some of the most vocal on the poli-bored or on social justice issues in general tend to pick and choose.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Can the intolerantables please post an approved list of where they approve the rest of us can contract the sickness.