COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 289

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by Deleted User 289 »

pdub wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:04 am
ousdahl wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:47 am You say “the slime” in a way that’s not tolerant and respecting Mich’s lifestyle. It feels obvious to me how hypocritical some posters on the bored are but I guess they don’t see it.
I never said I wasn't hypocritical -- but also this is a very weak attempt at a comeback.
I'm just pointing out that some of the most vocal on the poli-bored or on social justice issues in general tend to pick and choose.
Right! God forbid people "pick and choose".
I am NOT in favor of let's say......white supremacist assholes gathering on a weekend while not following CDC "guidelines" and celebrating how intolerant they are of people that are not like them.
SHAME ON ME for being "intolerant" of them.

Meanwhile, I am in favor of nice Church going (whatever religion they practice) people congregating on a weekend and doing as such in a safe manner.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Read and follow context gutter.
Deleted User 289

MICHHAWK wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:11 am Can the intolerantables please post an approved list of where they approve the rest of us can contract the sickness.
You?
School/s.
Happy?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

With the key operative being “safe manner.”

Is there any way for a congregation to safely all drink from the same cup during a pandemic?

And bear in mind, if you say there isn’t, then you aren’t being tolerant of their religion, and are violating their first amendment rights.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

pdub wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:04 am
ousdahl wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:47 am You say “the slime” in a way that’s not tolerant and respecting Mich’s lifestyle. It feels obvious to me how hypocritical some posters on the bored are but I guess they don’t see it.
I never said I wasn't hypocritical -- but also this is a very weak attempt at a comeback.
I'm just pointing out that some of the most vocal on the poli-bored or on social justice issues in general tend to pick and choose.
That was halfway cheeky, but also meant to illustrate how quickly that argument can be spun.

If I may sincerely ask, what do I pick and choose?
Deleted User 289

pdub wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:16 am Read and follow context gutter.
I guess what I am reading and following must be confusing me.
Possibly/probably because you and I (and others) don't share the same brain and are not making our thoughts as clear as we may think we are?
Or.... I'm probably just an idiot.
Maybe both.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:11 am Can the intolerantables please post an approved list of where they approve the rest of us can contract the sickness.
Can the deplorables please recognize that this is an attempt to both mitigate a serious public health crisis and allow people some sorts of freedoms to do what needs to be done? We'd prefer you and your loved ones not get COVID at all.

Whining about people's rights while ignoring people's responsibilities isn't freedom, it's adolescence.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I should mention, I’m still Catholic. I can’t not be. I was told so by the Catholic Church. Once I’m baptized and confirmed, they called dibs on my soul. No walking it back now.

I promise, it wasn’t my choice. You think baby ousdahl said, “yeah let’s have that dude in a robe ritualistically dunk me in water, 3 times!” As worried as 8 year old ousdahl was about cooties, do you think I would have still chosen to share same the cup as everyone else in the room if I wasn’t being told I’d (literally) go to hell otherwise?

So keep in mind, this isn’t some outsider criticism of religion. This is my first hand account. Please be tolerant of it.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Grandma wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:23 am
pdub wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:16 am Read and follow context gutter.
I guess what I am reading and following must be confusing me.
Possibly/probably because you and I (and others) don't share the same brain and are not making our thoughts as clear as we may think we are?
Or.... I'm probably just an idiot.
Maybe both.
No, you just think logically and understand the difference between indoor in an enclosed space while stationary for extended periods of time and outdoor while moving around.

This whole conversation is so weird. Frankly, people are just bitching to bitch.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"......white supremacist assholes gathering on a weekend while not following CDC "guidelines" and celebrating how intolerant they are of people that are not like them.
SHAME ON ME for being "intolerant" of them."

No one was talking about this.
You created an extreme example.
Follow the context.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:19 am

Is there any way for a congregation to safely all drink from the same cup during a pandemic?

Youre really hung up on a small segment of ceremony that exists in a small segment of religion.
Just Ledoux it
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

pdub wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:17 am
ousdahl wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:41 am Huh? You read those comments as hateful?
“Being tolerant and respecting others lifestyles is what I wrote.”

I didn’t write about being hateful.
Are you tolerant and respectful of rapists? It’s their “lifestyle”

Probably not, so you do draw a line somewhere. More children have been abused and more people have been killed in the name of god than anything else.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Please get it any way you can. The sooner you die the better off you community and family will be. And, bonus for us, this board will dramatically improve. TIA
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

cascadia wrote: Are you tolerant and respectful of rapists? It’s their “lifestyle”
pdub wrote:No one was talking about this.
You created an extreme example.
Follow the context.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Cascadia wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:17 am
Please get it any way you can. The sooner you die the better off you community and family will be. And, bonus for us, this board will dramatically improve. TIA
So edgy!
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Bringing in "white supremacist assholes" and "rapists" into a conversation about Christians in the US is the equivalent of someone who is arguing against gay marriage saying "what's next, marrying your goat?".
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Dude, that's way over the line.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

twocoach wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:26 am
I don’t think so. MICH is an evil piece of shit. Our species doesn’t need people like him.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

pdub wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:24 am Bringing in "white supremacist assholes" and "rapists" into a conversation about Christians in the US is the equivalent of someone who is arguing against gay marriage saying "what's next, marrying your goat?".

Again, more children have been abused and more people have been killed by white people in the name of god than anything else.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Cascadia wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:28 am
twocoach wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:26 am

I don’t think so. MICH is an evil piece of shit. Our species doesn’t need people like him.
Well then, it's way over my line. Pedophiles and rapists are evil pieces of shit. MICH is just an asshole.