COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
zsn
Contributor

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by zsn »

Moscow Mitch doesn’t want the people to have the right to sue anybody for anything. Only the Trump crime family can file lawsuits, regardless of whether they have legal basis.

Get with the program, Mich. You’re slipping. BTW, yesterday was the deadliest day in US history. More people died than Pearl Harbor, SF earthquake or 9/11.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

it’ll magically disappear

we’ve got it under control

we’re rounding the corner
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:37 am MICH's posts are just turning into Trump tweets at this point.
I may just be naïve, but I thought Mich was somewhat normal up until a few months ago. But he's honestly a lunatic.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

If dt is favoring getting the children back to school, then I’m guilty.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

I just wanna get the children back in school. If that makes me a lunatic, then I’m guilty.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:48 am If dt is favoring getting the children back to school, then I’m guilty.
I'm honestly curious as to why this is such a big concern to you. Like, we all want our kids to be in school, but there's no way you justify putting them in school freely while the average age of teachers in the US is 42. That's not necessarily young. Once this settles down, we will be excited to send our kids to school, to have them with other kids every day, to learn alongside each other, but you just can't. This is all temporary, not some sort of final solution, bud.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Because every single expert has said in the last month that the children should be in school. Fauci. The cdc. Every single expert.

If a teacher has a real risk then they can work from home. Otherwise get back to work.

Teachers are not special. They are no different than the rest of us.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:05 am Because every single expert has said in the last month that the children should be in school. Fauci. The cdc. Every single expert.

If a teacher has a real risk then they can work from home. Otherwise get back to work.

Wait - so the issue is that you're jealous of teachers because, in your view, they don't have to go to work when students are remote-learning?

Holy shit, that's quite a mixer of stupid, petty, spiteful and callous.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:08 am
MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:05 am Because every single expert has said in the last month that the children should be in school. Fauci. The cdc. Every single expert.

Wait - so the issue is that you're jealous of teachers because, in your view, they don't have to go to work when students are remote-learning?

And there it is.

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:09 am

And there it is.
I guess I was (stupidly, in hindsight) hoping the sentiment was at least well-meaning and perhaps personal.

Like having a teacher in the family whose life is utter hell right now (which it is, for teachers whose students who have been sent home).

Or having someone in the family who lost a job because the schools are closed and a parent needs to be home with kids. That's awful, too.

Or having a kid in the family with special needs requiring increased, hands-on attention (which is awful), or even just kids who are suffering academically and socially from the change to remote learning (which isn't easy, and is definitely happening in my house).

I guess I didn't think it was about thinking teachers are lazy freeloaders.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

and it’s false for a large number of teachers, particularly those in rural areas. many still have to go in to use the wifi etc. story on npr yesterday interviewed superintendent for Raleigh MO schools, which are still having snow days in order to give teachers (who are still having to go into the classroom) a break

yet again, mich demonstrates his ignorance
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

A middle-school teacher lives two doors up from me. She's miserable. Her direct response is that remote-teaching takes away the parts of teaching she really loves, particularly the ability to know and be there for struggling kids (whether the struggles are classroom or otherwise).

It's lunacy to say she somehow has it easy, or is freeloading or not working.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

MICHHAWK and dr. Fauci and the director of the cdc want what’s best for the children. Not the teachers union. We will not apologize for that.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I have no dog in the fight and have given schools opening little thought compared to people with kids. I do tend to think the baseline should be do what you can to have in-person school, mostly for the kids' sake. And, there seems to be ways that you can limit exposure.

The idea that teachers are getting some long benefit by not having in-person school and need to get their lazy asses back to work is just pure lunacy, mean-spirited, and suggests deeper issues.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:09 am

And there it is.
Ummm....

This isn't new, this is michhawk.

Same guy who celebrated government employees being furloughed. Same guy who thought it was awesome that government employees who were essential had to work and not be paid. He has taken numerous shots at teachers over the years.

This isn't new, this is michhawk
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

See, I guess I just haven't paid that much attention. Like if he had a good reason for things, his opinions would be more welcomed, but his opinions are short-sighted, mean-spirited and just lazy.

Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Mich = evil motherfucker
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:54 am MICHHAWK and dr. Fauci and the director of the cdc want what’s best for the children. Not the teachers union. We will not apologize for that.
Sort of sad that, in trying to clean up having shown your true colors on the issue, you still suggest the teachers are lazy freeloaders.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

If wanting the children to get back into school makes MICHHAWK and dr. Fauci and the director of the cdc “short-sighted, mean-spirited and lazy,” then we are guilty as charged.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Here’s a somewhat relevant question. Why would anyone currently in college want to become a teacher?

Lousy pay, marginal benefits, horrible working conditions and assholes like MICH who have somehow convinced themselves that you are some lazy, overpaid piece of shit.