Virtual office Christmas parties

Coffee talk.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Virtual office Christmas parties

Post by jfish26 »

shindig wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:13 am We had our virtual holiday party on Monday. It was ok I guess. There was a comedian from NYC and our CFO division was broken into 8 zoom groups that competed against each other for the trivia part. The comedian guy was pretty funny. The best thing was we got the afternoon off, which really isn't a big deal anymore working from home. It would have been better if it was a Friday and got the afternoon off. I ended up working on my performance review to get it knocked off my "to do" list before I'm out the rest of the year.
We're doing several iterations of that sort of thing. I wish we'd just save the money and give all the staff Amazon cards or something.
shindig

Post by shindig »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:00 am
shindig wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:13 am We had our virtual holiday party on Monday. It was ok I guess. There was a comedian from NYC and our CFO division was broken into 8 zoom groups that competed against each other for the trivia part. The comedian guy was pretty funny. The best thing was we got the afternoon off, which really isn't a big deal anymore working from home. It would have been better if it was a Friday and got the afternoon off. I ended up working on my performance review to get it knocked off my "to do" list before I'm out the rest of the year.
We're doing several iterations of that sort of thing. I wish we'd just save the money and give all the staff Amazon cards or something.
I know, because Company's are saving tons of O&M expenses this year with little travel taking place, no conventions, virtual IR meetings, etc. We normally had a company come in and cater food for our division and I'm sure other divisions did the same, so that is a lot in savings. Buy we did get a corporate logo'd item to pick from which won't even be shipped until sometime in January 2021...lol. Oh well. I'm just hoping for a nice bonus come March when payouts occur.
shindig

Post by shindig »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:00 am
I know, because Company's are saving tons of O&M expenses this year with little travel taking place, no conventions, virtual IR meetings, etc. We normally had a company come in and cater food for our division and I'm sure other divisions did the same, so that is a lot in savings. Buy we did get a corporate logo'd item to pick from which won't even be shipped until sometime in January 2021...lol. Oh well. I'm just hoping for a nice bonus come March when payouts occur.
shindig

Post by shindig »

Woops...double post.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Postponed for tomorrow due to the, oh, 18 inches of snow.
Full attention to KU basketball!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »