Christmas Eve

Post by Leawood »

What is everyone doing?
japhy
Contributor

Re: Christmas Eve

Post by japhy »

shrooms
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Goin to japhys
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Selling shrooms to japhy.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

doing shrooms with japhy and TDub
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Sounds like a plan
Broham
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I can tell you one thing I am blessedly not doing this Christmas Eve: building shit. No art easel. No jungle gym. No computer desk and computer.

Thank the fucking lord.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Whoa, whoa, whoa, kids.

This is a private party and there are Code Red restrictions in Denver right now. The townhouse has 3500 sf on three levels, so we can accommodate a small crowd and do both reality distancing as well as social distancing. But due to the covid restrictions I will need to adopt you all so that we are a single household AND you will need to call me "Reverend Japhy" so that we can claim religious freedom exemptions.

You can signify your acceptance of these terms by simply typing "I Do" and hitting "Submit".
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Deleted User 89

sounds like you’re secretly trying to start a doomsday cult

sweet...i’ll drink multiple glasses of the kool-aid

I Do, rev japhy
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

My Christmas Eve? Driving from Plano to Kansas.
Such a beautiful drive.
Deleted User 89

until you get to kansas
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:44 am sounds like you’re secretly trying to start a doomsday cult

sweet...i’ll drink multiple glasses of the kool-aid

I Do, rev japhy
Doomsday my ass, it is more like an infinity AV cult.

We will welcome you with open arms on the 24th my son.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

We had a last minute change of plans. On Tuesday the tenants of our townhouse called to say they are going to be in KC for Christmas. So the townhouse in Denver is empty. Instead of driving out to the Empire on Christmas Eve, Annie Oakley suggested we got to Denver and spend 2 days just sitting around taking it easy, like this trip is almost a vacation. We can head out to the Empire the day after Christmas. That sounded better than setting up scaffolding and tearing out a fiberboard ceiling 12 feet in the air for Christmas Eve and Day, so hell yeah, I'm in!

The next day one of the tenants texted Annie to say "if you get bored, there's mushrooms in the weed drawer".

Wuuuuuuut?

A couple of years ago we listened to Michael Pollan's book, "How To Change Your Mind" on cd while driving to Santa Fe and back on an extended road trip. She has been hooked on the idea of tripping ever since. This is a girl who is allergic to alcohol and so has never been drunk. If I make a cream sauce with sherry and don't boil off all of the alcohol, she gets violently sick from the tiny bit in the sauce. She didn't get high until recreational came on the market in Denver and she tried some Dixie Elixir. So she has a lot of catching up to do if she is going to live out her days in the high desert with me. So her journey starts on Christmas Eve.

In my 20's I had a roommate who's father worked at Menninger and his dad was involved with LSD testing in the 60's. He was very much a proponent of the "set and setting" methodology. The son who was well versed in that methodology was my mentor/psychonaut co-pilot during my college years. So I will spend Christmas Eve providing sober DJ/guide services for Annie to make sure she has a good time. My prediction is it might be her best Christmas present ever.

So if you happen to be in Red Rocks Park that afternoon and see a redhead wandering around smiling at the rocks and rubbing her face on them, I will be the guy following and shepherding so that no one calls the cops. Feel free to say howdy, but remember to call me "Reverend" Japhy.
Deleted User 89

my mrs. has been wanting to partake as of late

it’s been like 20 years since my last go-round, but i might just cave
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

I'll be building my courage to accept the invite from The Most Reverend Japhy.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Hey rev...wheres the spare key?
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

inside that not-so-real-looking fake rock in the flower bed
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:14 am my mrs. has been wanting to partake as of late

It's been more than 30 years for me. The Pollan book made me think it is about time for me to "reset", to reduce my cynicism, increase my joie de vivre, or something. And if I am going to be reborn in retirement as an art impresario then I need to wipe some of the pragmatism that has taken over the bulk of my gray matter during 35 years of "engineering shit" from my mind.

I can wait until we get the trip shack finished in the Empire. I will likely take Defix with me and we can spend the day wandering through Penitente Canyon looking for petroglyphs and making up our own interpretations of them. Afterwards we can spend a week debating which of us is in the best condition to drive the truck back to town in the dark.

The possibilities are infinite.
Deleted User 89

japhy wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:54 am
TraditionKU wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:14 am my mrs. has been wanting to partake as of late

It's been more than 30 years for me. The Pollan book made me think it is about time for me to "reset", to reduce my cynicism, increase my joie de vivre, or something. And if I am going to be reborn in retirement as an art impresario then I need to wipe some of the pragmatism that has taken over the bulk of my gray matter during 35 years of "engineering shit" from my mind.

I can wait until we get the trip shack finished in the Empire. I will likely take Defix with me and we can spend the day wandering through Penitente Canyon looking for petroglyphs and making up our own interpretations of them. Afterwards we can spend a week debating which of us is in the best condition to drive the truck back to town in the dark.

ooooh...sounds like a vision quest

i’m hoping to get back down to Bears Ears this spring. Arches Canyon road is calling my name...it’s got a pretty dicey 4wd stretch on the way, so gets very little traffic. word is, there are a ton of archeological/anthropological sites throughout the canyon, along with the geological structures. might have to try and track down some fungi before-hand. never considered the experience hieroglyphics would add
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

japhy wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:54 am

I'll wager we're likely to see a UFO on that journey.