jfish26
Contributor

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by jfish26 »

Awesome news.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

So my manager is on day 12 of headaches, sore throat, cough, fatigue, sensitivity to light that makes her headaches worse, and sleeping 20 hours a day.

Either she’s got a nasty case of covid, or she got bit by a vampire.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

heard that researchers have just now started doing autopsies in covid deaths

seeing evidence of widespread, randomly placed mini-strokes in the brain, which accounts for the huge variety of symptoms being seen
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:21 pm So my manager is on day 12 of headaches, sore throat, cough, fatigue, sensitivity to light that makes her headaches worse, and sleeping 20 hours a day.

Ever heard of HIPAA?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I’m not exactly naming names bro.

Besides, while a right to privacy should be retained for the living, does it really apply to the undead?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

And he's not spilling information to anyone while she's on her hospital bed. He's just making observations and stating those observations.

HIPAA is mostly for Health Care providers, health care plans and healthcare clearinghouses. Not the regular Joe Schmoe
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah, it’s not like I brought up that time Mich got that rash from...okay, now I’ve said too much!
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:02 pm
ousdahl wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:21 pm So my manager is on day 12 of headaches, sore throat, cough, fatigue, sensitivity to light that makes her headaches worse, and sleeping 20 hours a day.

Ever heard of HIPAA?
Yes! Bad HIPAA takes are my favorite.

@badlegaltakes, @badhipaatakes have been must follows the last, oh about 4 years.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Was thinking earlier today about improvements in the US regarding personal hygiene that will hopefully continue post-COVID.

I like seeing hand sanitizing stations everywhere. Covering your mouth to sneeze/cough.

I would like it if everyone continued to wear masks during most flu seasons, but I doubt it happens, though. At least it has become normalized so that if I or anyone chooses to wear one, it doesn't get strange looks or comments. Should probably be required now at walk-in clinics, ER's, etc.

Also, being this board is mostly dudes, we all know that a ridiculous amount of dudes don't wash their hands after using public restrooms. That should continue to be shamed.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:39 pm Was thinking earlier today about improvements in the US regarding personal hygiene that will hopefully continue post-COVID.

I like seeing hand sanitizing stations everywhere. Covering your mouth to sneeze/cough.

I would like it if everyone continued to wear masks during most flu seasons, but I doubt it happens, though. At least it has become normalized so that if I or anyone chooses to wear one, it doesn't get strange looks or comments. Should probably be required now at walk-in clinics, ER's, etc.

Also, being this board is mostly dudes, we all know that a ridiculous amount of dudes don't wash their hands after using public restrooms. That should continue to be shamed.
Always thought this was disgusting, pandemic related or not. Just plain disgusting.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:39 pm Was thinking earlier today about improvements in the US regarding personal hygiene that will hopefully continue post-COVID.

Most of that is (or should be) just common hygiene practice. I do like idea sanitizer available at most places remaining.

No to the masks though. I do it all day everyday.....because its a pandemic and it's what needs to happen. When this is over tho? No thanks. Its a giant pain in the ass...and frankly a safety hazard in my industry. When its 20 out and youre sweating and working it is damn near impossible to keep your safety glasses from fogging up. When this is over i'd prefer to not step into a hole or cut my finger off with a saw because my damn glasses are constantly fogged.
Just Ledoux it
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

TDub wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:14 pmNo to the masks though. I do it all day everyday.....because its a pandemic and it's what needs to happen. When this is over tho? No thanks. Its a giant pain in the ass...and frankly a safety hazard in my industry. When its 20 out and youre sweating and working it is damn near impossible to keep your safety glasses from fogging up. When this is over i'd prefer to not step into a hole or cut my finger off with a saw because my damn glasses are constantly fogged.
I more meant like public places. Crowded places. Hospitals. Etc. It's not a pain in the ass there. And maybe not even a mandate, just generally a default societal practice. Especially if you're sick and have to get out.

Safety is obviously the #1 priority in the construction industry.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Well....thats what the office folks always like to claim...unless of courseit getsin the qay of production ... must...count...these...beans....;)
Just Ledoux it
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

That's because whenever we drive by a site, we always see 4 guys to one task: 1 guy digging, 3 guys watching.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Mrs 99 scheduled her second vaccine shot for last night. She got there and they said she couldn't get it because it was one day too early and she needed to reschedule.
Broham
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:54 pm That's because whenever we drive by a site, we always see 4 guys to one task: 1 guy digging, 3 guys watching.
Govt work. And road work. True.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

If masks are too much on a job site, then I don’t even wanna ask about hard hats.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Hard hats are easy. They don't impact your vision.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:17 pm

Always thought this was disgusting, pandemic related or not. Just plain disgusting.
Me too. Nasty.

Also, washing your hands and then grabbing the most disgusting door in germ history.
I always use the paper towel that I am drying my hands with to open the door. Then, turn around and Mario that towel into the trash for 3!