COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
ousdahl

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by ousdahl »

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Wife got 2nd vaccine Wednesday afternoon. She had a bit of a struggle yesterday. Body ache all over, not much of an appetite and had a mild fever for a few hours. Broke late in the evening and then she felt just fine. She said it felt like a very mild case of the flu where everything feels blah.

But she's good to go now and hopefully everything with the virus works as it should!
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:10 am Wife got 2nd vaccine Wednesday afternoon. She had a bit of a struggle yesterday. Body ache all over, not much of an appetite and had a mild fever for a few hours. Broke late in the evening and then she felt just fine. She said it felt like a very mild case of the flu where everything feels blah.

But she's good to go now and hopefully everything with the virus works as it should!
That means it worked. Happy to hear this.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:24 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:10 am Wife got 2nd vaccine Wednesday afternoon. She had a bit of a struggle yesterday. Body ache all over, not much of an appetite and had a mild fever for a few hours. Broke late in the evening and then she felt just fine. She said it felt like a very mild case of the flu where everything feels blah.

That means it worked. Happy to hear this.
Her and I said the same. Her body just said, "whoa what is this? Let's fight it off."
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Soo you guys, candid opinion please.

Just hypothetically speaking, what’s the best explanation to give as to why yall’s unit ain’t ready by 4pm?*

*without mentioning that half the housekeeping department is out sick with, uh, a certain elephant in a certain room...

Hypothetically speaking!
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Assuming it’s, you know, true, I’d think “heightened sanitization protocols” or somesuch would do the trick.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah, that’s been a big selling point ever since reopening after shutdown.

Very few guests inquired or even mentioned it.

Many more yet said, “oh we don’t care about none of that, go ahead and relax the heightened sanitation protocols if it means yall can get us that early checkin”.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

“Hi I’m calling cuz I can’t get my gas fireplace to light, can y’all come help?”

Yes sir, I’ll sent maintenance up. Are you going to be in your unit this afternoon?

“Yes I will.”

Ok, well maintenance will wear masks either way when they enter, so if you’re in there when they arrive, please wear a mask as well.

“But it’s MY unit, I ain’t gone wear no masks in MY own damn unit that I paid for!”

Well sir, it’s a matter of our company policy that you’re required to wear a mask if our staff enters the unit while you’re there. It’s also a CO statewide requirement. So if you’d like us to address the fireplace while you’re in the unit, please mask up.

“Well I’m from Tennessee, and ain’t nobody wears masks in Tennessee! Y’all are ridiculous! I’d rather live without the fireplace than have to put on the mask. BYE”
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:41 pm “Hi I’m calling cuz I can’t get my gas fireplace to light, can y’all come help?”

Yes sir, I’ll sent maintenance up. Are you going to be in your unit this afternoon?

“Yes I will.”

Ok, well maintenance will wear masks either way when they enter, so if you’re in there when they arrive, please wear a mask as well.

“But it’s MY unit, I ain’t gone wear no masks in MY own damn unit that I paid for!”

Well sir, it’s a matter of our company policy that you’re required to wear a mask if our staff enters the unit while you’re there. It’s also a CO statewide requirement. So if you’d like us to address the fireplace while you’re in the unit, please mask up.

“Well I’m from Tennessee, and ain’t nobody wears masks in Tennessee! Y’all are ridiculous! I’d rather live without the fireplace than have to put on the mask. BYE”
Even if it were true, it isn't all that noteworthy.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

And yet, still noteworthy enough to warrant your response.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

I had two doctor's appointments at Northwestern Hospital today.
I was told "non" Covid doctors/nurses/staff are not required to get vaccinated. I guess that makes sense.
What didn't make much sense is that once it's your time to get vaccinated, if you defer and/or let someone you feel is more deserving/in need get it before/instead of you, you are being told you are basically then going to be sent to the "end of the line".

On another note, I have a co-worker tell me tonight that she is not going to get the vaccine unless she is absolutely forced to - because she's a healthy person. Without going in to too much detail, I'll tell you that she's currently living at home taking care of two elderly parents.
Seems she's yet another person who just doesn't get it.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

I think we still have the freedom to decide for ourselves. I think.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Or do you.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Other things you could also decide for yourself to do:

Call every elderly woman you see a cunt to her face.

You could decide to stop wahing your hands or bathing/showering altogether.

You could never again say or do anything kind for anyone else ever again.

But why would anyone decide for themselves to do that?
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

PhDhawk wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:47 pm Other things you could also decide for yourself to do:

Call every elderly woman you see a cunt to her face.

You could decide to stop wahing your hands or bathing/showering altogether.

You could never again say or do anything kind for anyone else ever again.

But why would anyone decide for themselves to do that?
Bam.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:18 am This is just a little bit of momentum away from "in fact, all athletes and entertainers should lead by example."

God damn it I am so fucking tired of everything being so fucking predictable.

MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

In America the land of the free(for now), the rich and famous do not have to wait their turn.

Having said that, backlash should be swift and harsh if super healthy young people jump the line.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

while i don’t necessarily disagree, it’s quite odd to expect them to “wait in line” when ‘murica expects them to risk their personal and professional well-being for our entertainment
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

I would expect the backlash to be swift and harsh if the rich, healthy, young people start to jump the line.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

semi-related: where do the incarcerated fit into the mix?

should they be lumped into the strategy that is being applied to the general population, or have they forfeited at least part their “rights” in this case and be bumped back a level or two?

it’s a conundrum that’s been on my mind for a few days