Why Didn't (fill in the blank) Play More Last Game?!?

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 104

Re: Why Didn't (fill in the blank) Play More Last Game?!?

Post by Deleted User 104 »

* Deleted * Nothing to see here.
Last edited by Deleted User 104 on Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

TDub wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:07 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:02 pm So, how bad does Illannoy think we suck this year?

Not as bad as argentinehawk. He thinks the team is broken.
Ya that guy did have some wild ass takes here and there. I think he was part of the "we don't want a 1-seed" crowd. Of course, 80% of this board was awaiting an NIT bid around xmas time last season.

At worst, KU is the 2nd best team in the country all year. And, spare me the Zion hype. Duke hype is such a broken record and then they get Svi'd in the tournament.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Hi CnB!
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:02 pm So, how bad does Illannoy think we suck this year?
good to see ya

better late than never ;)
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Odd comment. I've said numerous times were better than I expected already, and it's only November. We will only get better. Clearly 1 of the 3 or 4 best teams in the country when we play well....that's kind of like the opposite of thinking we suck.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Welcome back CnB.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

sooo Mitch Lightfoot...
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

He actually got some defensive rebounds! First ones off the rim this year! (Previous two were off blocks)
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Can we bury the “McCormack should get more minutes than ...” any other KU player with a pulse, BS for the foreseeable future after last night?

tia
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Nope. He needs game minutes to get more comfortable. Too sped up right now.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Mitch is on his third season by now. He’s a known commodity, and I hate to say, a known commodity with a low ceiling.

I think David, mistakes and all, might be a better first big off the bench right now. (Yeah Mitch hustles and yeah he “knows the system better,” but in case anyone hasn’t noticed his minutes have yielded production not much better than Justin Wesley’s.)

And certainly, David’s got more size, more strength, maybe even more skill, and much much more upside. Let’s get him some reps now so that maybe he can even be that much further along come conference play and postseason.

And maybe - maaaybe - David’s size and strength, with some actual development, could come off the bench and be a paint presence we otherwise lack when Dok comes out.

FREE MCCORMACK!
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

We played multiple of minutes in the 41 with Lawson playing the #5 in Brooklyn. I don't see where McCormack is messing up except for his clumsy first foul last night but HCBS is playing Mitch and KJ ahead of him on the BIG rotation. Hopefully he plays into his minutes before SDS is cleared (fingers crossed.).
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

can we agree KJ should continue getting decent minutes at both the 3 and 4? gives us a ton of toughness and versatility
Lonestarjayhawk

I like KJ coming in as a stretch#4 with his brother and Vick as the #3. It gives the 41 an extra bounce.
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

I kinda hope Mitch graduates so he can go play somewhere else next year that will use him and appreciate him. I say this completely for his benefit.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

DrPepper wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:50 pm I kinda hope Mitch graduates so he can go play somewhere else next year that will use him and appreciate him. I say this completely for his benefit.
Does Lawson want to go pro? will he be back? if not we sure as hell will need mitch here
Deleted User 75

ousdahl wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:15 pm Mitch is on his third season by now. He’s a known commodity, and I hate to say, a known commodity with a low ceiling.

I think David, mistakes and all, might be a better first big off the bench right now. (Yeah Mitch hustles and yeah he “knows the system better,” but in case anyone hasn’t noticed his minutes have yielded production not much better than Justin Wesley’s.)

And certainly, David’s got more size, more strength, maybe even more skill, and much much more upside. Let’s get him some reps now so that maybe he can even be that much further along come conference play and postseason.

And maybe - maaaybe - David’s size and strength, with some actual development, could come off the bench and be a paint presence we otherwise lack when Dok comes out.

FREE MCCORMACK!
How has McCormack been looking in practice?

Maybe you're seeing something that Bill isn't?....even though bill watches him play basketball about 40× as much as you.
Deleted User 75

randylahey wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:22 pm can we agree KJ should continue getting decent minutes at both the 3 and 4? gives us a ton of toughness and versatility
Until last night KJ has looked horrible.

I'd prefer Garrett still, as long as he doesn't shoot 3s....but KJ looked good. Hopefully he can keep that up. We will need him in ugly games like that.
Lonestarjayhawk

Why is illy acting like a douchebag? Does he think we miss Gusher?
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
kcmokufan

Post by kcmokufan »

I don't think he said anything douchy in his last two post in this thread. I honestly don't even feel that McCormack is really competing with Mitch for minutes all that much with how much we've played 4 guards.