Steak Fries v. Cottage Fries v. Baked Potato

Coffee talk.
TDub
Contributor

Re: Steak Fries v. Cottage Fries v. Baked Potato

Post by TDub »

Leawood wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:40 am That’s like only liking missionary style.
Id say fries are the most missionary comparable thing served. Every singke resturant does a version of them, mostly poorly.
Just Ledoux it
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Speaking of fries. Stopped by McClains new location on Iowa St to support a local business for lunch. Out of chicken. Pivot to a turkey sandwich of some sort and fries. Worst fries I have ever had in my life. Soggy, limp and some how over seasoned. Not great.
Holidaysmore - 2005
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Are there any worse fries than 5 Guys?
Broham
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I like ‘em.

Some can be too soggy and unsalted but they make up for it by giving you 5 pounds of them to choose from.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:28 pm Are there any worse fries than 5 Guys?
I think it depends a lot on the particular store, but yeah, at their worst they're pretty bad.

We had this discussion before, and you think the problem is that they do a single frying, I think it has more to do with oil quality/cleanliness and temperature. I think it's more quality control because I have had good 5 guys fries before.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I've only eaten there a few times. The first time, I made the mistake of ordering a large size. Holy smokes, C&B isn't exaggerating.

I think they steam in the bag and loose crispness.
Broham
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:39 pm
I think they steam in the bag and loose crispness.
Yes, you gotta eat them immediately in the store or else you gotta tear that bag open and let the steam out.

The last speeding ticket I got was because of trying to get 5 guys home before sogginess set in.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Cop shoulda let you go.
3rdGenJayhawk

Post by 3rdGenJayhawk »

shindig wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:43 pm
ousdahl wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:12 pm I always thought “yams” was the name of the dish aka sweet potato casserole
Same. My Mom makes it every Thanksgiving and I always try just a bit, and I just can't eat it..lol. I also hate Peanut Brittle...nasty. I don't know how people eat it. It's like candy corn, which I refuse to eat as well.
^^^ Yuck to both. It would be like pouring straight sugar into your mouth! I can't stand either. But I digress from the topic at hand. My favorite way to make potatoes is to thick cut baby red potatoes into thick slices. Soak in water for about an hour. Drain then stir to coat with a very light covering of mayo, fresh rosemary, & cracked pepper. Bake in the oven. Crispy on the outside, tender on the inside. Ready for gravy, meat or any other condiment. YUM!