COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 289

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by Deleted User 289 »

I heard Pritzker speak publicly about the vaccine situation in Illinois.
He was shockingly somewhat composed but let his feelings be known - as he should.
Did people expect anything else but a massive cluster fuck in terms of production and distribution?
I'm not saying it should be simple but it's been far from a smooth process that has NOT gone according to plan - and previous claims.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

DDD left the vaccine doses next to his healthcare plan.
Broham
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

So my manager has been out sick with covid since before Christmas.

Yesterday was her first full day back.

Last night, she apparently relapsed, and was up all night with coughing fits and out sick again today
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Did she get tested before she came back in?
Broham
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Well, she’s been working remotely either way.

(The cynic in me wonders if she asked to work remotely just so she could not commute and get to play with her dog all day, and especially wonders if she undermined it all by going and hanging at the breweries after work anyway, but I’m trying to give the benefit of the doubt)
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

How long is someone supposed to be contagious, again? Didn’t they just reduce it from 14 days to 10 days since the first symptoms?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

China with a grand total of 88k cases thus far. ~cough cough~*bullshit* ~cough~
Just Ledoux it
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

I want the incarcerated to be vaccinated ASAP. I can isolate. My elderly parents can isolate. But prisoners can not isolate.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Here in KC, if you donate blood, they'll run antibody tests.

My mom sent my brothers and me a text last night that read:
I do NOT have detectable Covid-19 antibodies. Maybe my strange ailment last January wasn't Covid, or the antibodies have worn off.
While I tend to think the virus was around earlier than when the general panic began (and certainly before closing off flights from China would have made a difference), it amuses me that my late-70s mother, who doesn't do much besides go to church and help with my kids, harbors the hopeful delusion we all have (that our cold/flu/whatever from last winter was in fact Covid).

I'm going to respond to her that of course she doesn't have antibodies, and that she's not had Covid is a testament to her resilience and commitment to isolation. Which has sucked, for her most of all, but also for me and my kids.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Deleted User 289

My mother had been contacting what she was told were any, every, and all, possible sources available to her at Northwestern Hospital to try and get the vaccine asap.
Was told by adminsitrative staff, her primary care, lung, oncologist, and other doctors that they basically couldn't do a thing for her and to keep checking the Northwestern web site and it will give her the info when it's available.
She would check the website a couple times a day because she was very anxious to get the vaccine.
On Tuesday I received a text message from someone who is a large donor to Northwestern asking me if my mother is "signed up" yet. I told him no and the scenario.
About 15 minutes later, he sent me another text telling me she is going to get a phone call to set up an appointment. 5 minutes later she received an email from Northwestern regarding her being able to set up an appointment. About 30 minutes after that she received a phone call from the "endowment" office. About 15 minutes after that she received a phone call from the Hospital's President & CEO's office.
Moral of the story is?

It really sucks when people have to rely on who you know when it comes to getting what you need - in regards to healthcare and possible life and/or death situations.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Cascadia wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:41 am What a shock

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/21/politics ... index.html
If Mitch wants Trump acquitted (which doesn't seem like the case), then he needs to press for a vote ASAP.

We're going to learn, over the weeks/months to come, that being absolutely bereft of any sort of plan is going to turn out to have been the rule across all matters, not the exception.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Grandma wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:15 am My mother had been contacting what she was told were any, every, and all, possible sources available to her at Northwestern Hospital to try and get the vaccine asap.
Was told by adminsitrative staff, her primary care, lung, oncologist, and other doctors that they basically couldn't do a thing for her and to keep checking the Northwestern web site and it will give her the info when it's available.
She would check the website a couple times a day because she was very anxious to get the vaccine.
On Tuesday I received a text message from someone who is a large donor to Northwestern asking me if my mother is "signed up" yet. I told him no and the scenario.
About 15 minutes later, he sent me another text telling me she is going to get a phone call to set up an appointment. 5 minutes later she received an email from Northwestern regarding her being able to set up an appointment. About 30 minutes after that she received a phone call from the "endowment" office. About 15 minutes after that she received a phone call from the Hospital's President & CEO's office.
Moral of the story is?

It really sucks when people have to rely on who you know when it comes to getting what you need - in regards to healthcare and possible life and/or death situations.
Great news for your Mom, not so good for everyone else.
Broham
Deleted User 289

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:26 am
Grandma wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:15 am My mother had been contacting what she was told were any, every, and all, possible sources available to her at Northwestern Hospital to try and get the vaccine asap.
Moral of the story is?

Great news for your Mom, not so good for everyone else.
I agree. Was going to delete my post for that reason. Not cool at all that there are "priorities".
Apparently there was a "mass" email sent to people who are over 65 and have doctors in the network.
They were given 1 day to set up an appointment for either late this week or next week.
Meanwhile, still NOTHING to find easily on the Northwestern website in regards to those 65 and older getting vaccinations and setting up appointments.
Northwestern is considered one of the top hospitals in the country in the 3rd largest city in the country and their vaccine "protocol/s" and distribution seems to be a cluster fuck.
I don't necessarily blame the hospital as much as I blame the "fed/s" and the state.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I told you there'd be a bunch of Karen's causing vaccines to go to waste in an effort to make sure no one cuts the line.

Just fucking vaccinate people.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.