Violence

Ugh.
NewtonHawk11

Re: Violence

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:57 am To your point, at least a sizable portion voted for dt because they didn’t want to put hc in the White House.
Wut
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

cankles
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Maybe some people on this bored should actually listen to what Biden is talking about right now.
I'm out after today but jesus you people can be just as bad as lobster sometimes.
Deleted User 89

and that sentiment from mich is fucking sad

support policies, not because they’re good policies that benefit the country, but because they are in opposition of clinton, obama, or the libs
Deleted User 89

pdub wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:01 am Maybe some people on this bored should actually listen to what Biden is talking about right now.
I'm out after today but jesus you people can be just as bad as lobster sometimes.
mich brought this all on himself with his snarky comments
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:02 am
pdub wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:01 am Maybe some people on this bored should actually listen to what Biden is talking about right now.
True, but doesn't mean that people respond in kind. Be above that shit. I don't agree with Mich very often, but I've never disparaged him.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:58 am
pdub wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:51 am
Cascadia wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:45 am

They voted for Trump because they were made the liberals put a black man in the white house.
No.
This is dumb.
And is one reason why the divide will grow.
Um, it was actually quite a big reason, honestly. Trump riled up a base that was deep and wide, but mostly silent. Once he got them going, it was honestly quite obvious that people were mad that a person of color was in charge of them.
Not 75 million people.
You are labeling a huge group of Americans the same way that Lobster labels you.
I know several Trump voters - none of them voted for Trump just because Obama is a black person.

Good lord.
Deleted User 89

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:09 am
TraditionKU wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:02 am
True, but doesn't mean that people respond in kind. Be above that shit. I don't agree with Mich very often, but I've never disparaged him.
did i disparage?

i just want him to be honest, but that seems beyond him
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

pdub wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:10 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:58 am
pdub wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:51 am

No.
This is dumb.
And is one reason why the divide will grow.
Um, it was actually quite a big reason, honestly. Trump riled up a base that was deep and wide, but mostly silent. Once he got them going, it was honestly quite obvious that people were mad that a person of color was in charge of them.
Not 75 million people.
You are labeling a huge group of Americans the same way that Lobster labels you.
I know several Trump voters - none of them voted for Trump just because Obama is a black person.

Good lord.
And that's why you live in the Northeast or wherever you are and not in true, honest GOP country. I see and hear this shit DAILY.

Deleted User 89

i can count on one hand the trump supporters i know personally

half of them voted for trump because the libs put a black man in the white house

the other half voted for him because he pledged to put pro-life justices on the supreme court
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

You don't know anything about my background and my experience.
And because you live where ever you are means you can comfortably label an entire group of voters as people who were mad a black president was voted in.
I think a number of you need to try very hard to think objectively in order for a chance at making this work - or you don't care in compromise or unity at all.

It won't get any better pointing and laughing at people who didn't vote for Biden.
Or totally disregarding their concerns.
If you don't care, fine, but don't be so alarmed with violence and anger growing from both sides ( yes, gasp, both ).

A note, I of course voted Biden.
But even saying the things above tends to cause such an uproar out of certain people - a number of them on this bored.
It's hypocritical imo - take it or leave it.

pdub out.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Look pdub. I like you. But that's a pretty "snowflake" thing you're saying.

It's oblivious to say that it's not the case. There are PLENTY who did vote because of race. Notice I didn't say all. Notice I didn't say that's a reason that 75M people voted for him this year or whatever.

But it is a reason that many used. I've seen it, I've heard it and I've lived it being in the heart of the GOP spectrum, right here and right now.

Deleted User 89

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:41 am Look pdub. I like you. But that's a pretty "snowflake" thing you're saying.

It's oblivious to say that it's not the case. There are PLENTY who did vote because of race. Notice I didn't say all. Notice I didn't say that's a reason that 75M people voted for him this year or whatever.

But it is a reason that many used. I've seen it, I've heard it and I've lived it being in the heart of the GOP spectrum, right here and right now.
^^^^
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:42 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:41 am Look pdub. I like you. But that's a pretty "snowflake" thing you're saying.

^^^^
And, even if someone voted for Trump for policy reasons, that vote was knowing, willing acquiescence to the total package (which amounts to consolidation of white, male power). Particularly in this last cycle.
Deleted User 89

jfish26 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:59 am
TraditionKU wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:42 am

^^^^
And, even if someone voted for Trump for policy reasons, that vote was knowing, willing acquiescence to the total package (which amounts to consolidation of white, male power). Particularly in this last cycle.
true

all one needs to do is look at the racial breakdown of votes from the election, and it becomes painfully obvious
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Thank God we have a president with this much experience. Because he inherited a shitstorm from the Yam Yeti. Those who voted Trump will be apologizing the rest of their lives; with Biden there is at least a chance their lives will be long. Trump was so much worse than we feared. The thread title said it all.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Cascadia wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:26 am I'll just go on record as saying I'm not interested in healing and unity. You trumpers can fuck off and die, you're the worst people on the planet.
I didn't wake up feeling this way 100%.
But I'm getting real close now.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:29 am You don't know anything about my background and my experience.
And because you live where ever you are means you can comfortably label an entire group of voters as people who were mad a black president was voted in.
I think a number of you need to try very hard to think objectively in order for a chance at making this work - or you don't care in compromise or unity at all.

It won't get any better pointing and laughing at people who didn't vote for Biden.
Or totally disregarding their concerns.
If you don't care, fine, but don't be so alarmed with violence and anger growing from both sides ( yes, gasp, both ).

A note, I of course voted Biden.
But even saying the things above tends to cause such an uproar out of certain people - a number of them on this bored.
It's hypocritical imo - take it or leave it.

pdub out.
It is impossible to accurately list every single reason why people voted for Trump. The vast majority of folks aren't single issue voters and thus, vote for a candidate for several reasons. Many wanted him to stamp out illegal immigration. Others wanted government regulation disassembled. Others wanted the 2nd Amendment rights and abortion stances held up by appointments of a wave of federal and Supreme Court judge appointments.

But all of these things took supporting a vile, incompetent, racist scumbag to achieve. It doesn't make a person a vile, incompetent, racist scumbag if they voted for Trump. It just means that being a vile, incompetent, racist scumbag wasn't a deal breaker if it got them what they wanted.

We are not better off than we were four years ago. Not many Presidential terms end saying that.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:57 am To your point, at least a sizable portion voted for dt because they didn’t want to put hc in the White House.
To me, that's the most valid reason for anyone to have voted for him.