Deleted User 89

Re: Violence

Post by Deleted User 89 »

to me, that’s one of the dumbest and most short-sighted reasons
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

twocoach wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:21 pm
We are not better off than we were four years ago.
My 401k is better off than it was 4 years ago. So is yours. If you have one.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Leaving a legacy: 401k . . .

. . . Americans dead.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

pdub wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:29 am You don't know anything about my background and my experience.
And because you live where ever you are means you can comfortably label an entire group of voters as people who were mad a black president was voted in.
I think a number of you need to try very hard to think objectively in order for a chance at making this work - or you don't care in compromise or unity at all.

It won't get any better pointing and laughing at people who didn't vote for Biden.
Or totally disregarding their concerns.
If you don't care, fine, but don't be so alarmed with violence and anger growing from both sides ( yes, gasp, both ).

A note, I of course voted Biden.
But even saying the things above tends to cause such an uproar out of certain people - a number of them on this bored.
It's hypocritical imo - take it or leave it.

pdub out.
It is impossible to accurately list every single reason why people voted for Trump. The vast majority of folks aren't single issue voters and thus, vote for a candidate for several reasons. Many wanted him to stamp out illegal immigration. Others wanted government regulation disassembled. Others wanted the 2nd Amendment rights and abortion stances held up by appointments of a wave of federal and Supreme Court judge appointments.

But all of these things took supporting a vile, incompetent, racist scumbag to achieve. It doesn't make a person a vile, incompetent, racist scumbag if they voted for Trump.
I actually agree with twocoach here.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 89

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:53 pm I actually agree with twocoach here.
this must be what mich was alluding to, re a grassroots effort towards healing and unity
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

pdub wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:29 am You don't know anything about my background and my experience.
And because you live where ever you are means you can comfortably label an entire group of voters as people who were mad a black president was voted in.
I think a number of you need to try very hard to think objectively in order for a chance at making this work - or you don't care in compromise or unity at all.

It won't get any better pointing and laughing at people who didn't vote for Biden.
Or totally disregarding their concerns.
If you don't care, fine, but don't be so alarmed with violence and anger growing from both sides ( yes, gasp, both ).

A note, I of course voted Biden.
But even saying the things above tends to cause such an uproar out of certain people - a number of them on this bored.
It's hypocritical imo - take it or leave it.

pdub out.
It is impossible to accurately list every single reason why people voted for Trump. The vast majority of folks aren't single issue voters and thus, vote for a candidate for several reasons. Many wanted him to stamp out illegal immigration. Others wanted government regulation disassembled. Others wanted the 2nd Amendment rights and abortion stances held up by appointments of a wave of federal and Supreme Court judge appointments.

But all of these things took supporting a vile, incompetent, racist scumbag to achieve. It doesn't make a person a vile, incompetent, racist scumbag if they voted for Trump. It just means that being a vile, incompetent, racist scumbag wasn't a deal breaker if it got them what they wanted.

We are not better off than we were four years ago. Not many Presidential terms end saying that.
Who are you? And what have you done with twocoach?
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Cascadia wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:45 am
pdub wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:34 am I think people need to come to the table with why Trump voters feel the way they do without immediately labeling them. There can't be 75 million people as trashy as some here make them out to be.

Like I said before, if you voted for Trump, you should be ashamed in yourself, because he as an individual was dangerously narcissistic but I certainly don't think you should die. But the solve here takes verbalizing what are the major issues that led you to vote for Trump - and it will take pushing emotion/animosity out of the conversation - and as triggering as this word is here, from BOTH sides.
They voted for Trump because they were made the liberals put a black man in the white house.
My response to those people - and there are plenty of them.

Deleted User 89

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:32 pm
from the guy that commented earlier about his hope that some of Biden’s empathy would rub off
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Well, there ya go...it was TOTALLY worth it.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

If I am not mistaken, you have flaunted more than once how well your 401K has done under Trump.
Mazel tov!
I'm curious.
How poorly did it perform under Obama and was it worse or better under Obama than it was under Bush Jr.?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/unco ... 00980.html

I mean, this further proves my point a bit, I think.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Grandma wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:26 pm
If I am not mistaken, you have flaunted more than once how well your 401K has done under Trump.
Mazel tov!
I'm curious.
How poorly did it perform under Obama and was it worse or better under Obama than it was under Bush Jr.?
Great question!

******* Expect "alternative Facts" answer shortly.
Deleted User 89

you all will be lucky to get an answer
Deleted User 89

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:28 pm https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/unco ... 00980.html

https://www.chicagoreader.com/chicago/e ... a=AMP+HTML
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

If I put money in a CD or a lame ass interest bearing savings account it would be "better off" than 4 years ago. That's just the passage of time.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

There's not much data out there except for since the Great Recession in 2008, the average 401k balance at Fidelity Investments went from $52k to almost $300k for an increase of 466% in a span of 10 years. From the first of 2009 to May of 2019 is when this data came out.

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:28 pm https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/unco ... 00980.html

It's similar to the conversations being had about NFL minority hiring. White owners are saying "I'm not racist, I am just more comfortable with people that I relate to". Obviously, the GOP has found themselves as the Party of Choice for white supremacists but some people's passive racism isn't based on dislike or disapproval, just discomfort.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:27 pm to me, that’s one of the dumbest and most short-sighted reasons
THIS. Money comes and money goes. Being a piece of shit is forever.

If you die a wealthy scumbag, you were a scumbag. If you die a poor but good person, you were a good person.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

[media] https://twitter.com/StephenM/status/135 ... wsrc%5Etfw[/media]

So Stephen Miller thinks we should stop travel from "terror hot spots", which would currently seem to be Georgia, Arkansas, Texas, Oklahoma, Idaho, Virginia, Florida.....seems tough to do. But I am sure the Biden Admin will give serious consideration to his reasoned suggestion.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

japhy wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:20 pm [media] https://twitter.com/StephenM/status/135 ... wsrc%5Etfw[/media]

So Stephen Miller thinks we should stop travel from "terror hot spots", which would currently seem to be Georgia, Arkansas, Texas, Oklahoma, Idaho, Virginia, Florida.....seems tough to do. But I am sure the Biden Admin will give serious consideration to his reasoned suggestion.
Heh. I have a feeling there are some orphans and families who may have tangible claims against the man. And criminal claims too.