COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
shindig

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by shindig »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:41 am I'm taking my mom to get Pfizer today. She starting fretting about the weather and the roads etc., and I about had a panic attack about her losing her spot. So I decided it wouldn't be up to her.
Good for you fish. My Dad, who turned 80 this past December, was one of the first in JoCo for senior citizens in JoCo. He was in that line in Shawnee a few weeks on the first day when it was cold (not cold like now, but it was still cold)...he didn't mind the cold, but I can see how more fragile senior citizens could be at risk at being in the cold for over and hour.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Unlike some of the other bloopers, this one is real.

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

shindig wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:59 am
jfish26 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:41 am I'm taking my mom to get Pfizer today. She starting fretting about the weather and the roads etc., and I about had a panic attack about her losing her spot. So I decided it wouldn't be up to her.
Good for you fish. My Dad, who turned 80 this past December, was one of the first in JoCo for senior citizens in JoCo. He was in that line in Shawnee a few weeks on the first day when it was cold (not cold like now, but it was still cold)...he didn't mind the cold, but I can see how more fragile senior citizens could be at risk at being in the cold for over and hour.
In and out in 16 minutes. No waiting outside. Small crowd inside (I'm told). Really tight appointment windows.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:50 pm Unlike some of the other bloopers, this one is real.

Bro that’s no blooper.

That’s a real life talking kitten!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

bad dog!

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

My neighborhood grocery store offers 15-minute antibody testing, $30. Did it over lunch while picking up some things.

Negative.

Which really surprised me, all things considered. Rats.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

98% of people aren’t affected, so...
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Pfizer vaccine found to give strong immune response to new Covid variants

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... d-variants
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:20 pm Pfizer vaccine found to give strong immune response to new Covid variants

I really need to see a supporting youtube to take this serious
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:20 pm Pfizer vaccine found to give strong immune response to new Covid variants

Lobster says you're wrong and he knows more about it than you.
Broham
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

jhawks99 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:49 am

Lobster says you're wrong and he knows more about it than you.
When he posted the link to a woman dying of influenza, it made me reevaluate EVERYTHING I thought I knew about coronavirus vaccines.

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

So apparently the Fraser valley is a hot spot. Like among the highest percentages of covid cases in the state.

Outbreak at the ski resort. 109 active cases. That’s like half the resort employees? I don’t know how they’re able to operate on any practical level, let alone on a covid precautionary level? Small bidness owners griping that they woulda been shut down weeks ago, yet big bidness just keeps on selling them $219 a day lift tickets.

Speaking of small bidness, Sharky’s had to shut down operations this weekend, apparently cuz of covid. It sucks cuz I get their grab-n-go breakfast burritos once or twice a week, including saturday morning right before they shut down.

At work they’re all talking about precautions and where to get tested and stuff, when beav texts that he was exposed to a positive case yesterday.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

The mRNA in the vaccine doesn't modify your DNA, it doesn't interact with it at all. It never enters the nucleus. It goes to ribosomes and gets translated to a protein. Your body degrades it in a matter of days.

Mark zuckerberg isn't a molecular biologist. His opinion on the matter isn't worth shit.

Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

PhDhawk wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:48 pm The mRNA in the vaccine doesn't modify your DNA, it doesn't interact with it at all. It never enters the nucleus. It goes to ribosomes and gets translated to a protein. Your body degrades it in a matter of days.

Mark zuckerberg isn't a molecular biologist. His opinion on the matter isn't worth shit.
Yeah, but zuckerberg has a YouTube video, what do you have?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Cascadia wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:59 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:48 pm The mRNA in the vaccine doesn't modify your DNA, it doesn't interact with it at all. It never enters the nucleus. It goes to ribosomes and gets translated to a protein. Your body degrades it in a matter of days.

nothing as credible as a youtube video.

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Cascadia wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:59 pm

Big tech propaganda obviously.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

We knew that about 1/3 of the population would not get the vaccine. We knew it going in.

More vaccine for me.