Remaining schedule

Kansas Basketball.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: Remaining schedule

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

UT opens up at -2. Some online sites have it closer.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I would take KU ML. Not being a biased homer either.

KU was off their break. Dave was a non-playable big. Texas shot 46% from 3.

Those things won't repeat again.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Well Texas put on one of the best shooting performances since Villanova 2018 and still lost this past Saturday.

Listening to the pressers today, our guys want this one bad. I also like KU ML.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

getting curb-stomped at home should do that
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:03 pm
Listening to the pressers today, our guys want this one bad.
Might not be a good thing for McMack.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:57 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:03 pm
Listening to the pressers today, our guys want this one bad.
Might not be a good thing for McMack.
Granted it wasn't Mac that said it, but CB said in his presser that playing hard is about staying focused for the whole shot clock and game. I think that's something that benefits Mac. We'll see how he responds b/c even the damn media brought up the fact that he got punked in the first game.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:17 pm UT opens up at -2. Some online sites have it closer.
Got up to UT -3 and is at -2.5 now.

Am I missing something? Public can't get over the beatdown we took? Thinks UT bounces back?

I still like KU ML.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Maybe lines just think Texas is a bad matchup for KU because of their size..? Not really sure.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

This is probably Shaka's biggest game since his time at Texas. Win this one, you are feeling good. Lose it, the spiral continues and he is likely gone.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

We haven't beaten a good team on the road since our B12 opener, which we won by one point.
I get it - but we've also gotten better and UT has gotten worse.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:40 am This is probably Shaka's biggest game since his time at Texas. Win this one, you are feeling good. Lose it, the spiral continues and he is likely gone.
Crazy that it was only like a couple seasons ago when they coulda had Beard but doubled down on Shaka
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:40 am Maybe lines just think Texas is a bad matchup for KU because of their size..? Not really sure.
Something like that. This is public money that immediately bet on UT, so public thinks UT is better than Vegas does. I would think the sharps get it back and it sticks at 2. That feels right.

UT is reeling and it's a huge game for both coaches. So we know where that advantage is.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:43 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:40 am This is probably Shaka's biggest game since his time at Texas. Win this one, you are feeling good. Lose it, the spiral continues and he is likely gone.
Crazy that it was only like a couple seasons ago when they coulda had Beard but doubled down on Shaka
They blew their opportunity because they will never give a shit about basketball. So you have to wonder how long Beard would think about going to a place that he knows firsthand doesn't give a shit about basketball.

The most nonsensical part was swapping Barnes for Shaka in the first place.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Isn’t Beard a UT alum too?

But yeah. Big game for KU cuz it could prove we really are trending up.

Big game for UT cuz considering how much mileage their coach got out of the 2011 elite 8, “beat Kansas” could legit hand him a decade long contract extension
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I mean, to be fair, Barnes hadn't made it out of the first weekend in his last 7 years.

Shaka hasn't either, but it's not like they've gotten terribly worse. They've been about the same when Barnes ended to where Shaka is now.

And there's about 20 years age difference. Might as well try the young guy.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:00 am I mean, to be fair, Barnes hadn't made it out of the first weekend in his last 7 years.

Shaka hasn't either, but it's not like they've gotten terribly worse. They've been about the same when Barnes ended to where Shaka is now.

And there's about 20 years age difference. Might as well try the young guy.
Barnes just needed a mandate to shake his staff up. And Shaka missed the tournament 3 out of his first 5 seasons at Texas--Barnes wasn't ever going to have a stretch like that.

Ridiculously short-sighted move and they're getting what they deserved.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"Kansas (+2.5) at Texas

The Kansas Jayhawks are getting hot at the right time, while Texas is going cold at the wrong time. The Jayhawks are winners of their last six-of-seven games and five straight, while Texas has lost five of the past eight games.

Over Texas' last eight games, four losses came to ranked opponents at the time, but five if you count Oklahoma, who is ranked now. Texas' last three wins have come against Kansas State twice (82-67, 80-77) and TCU (70-55). Not very impressive.

The Jayhawks have held six of their last seven opponents to 66 points or fewer. Kansas ranks first in the Big 12 defending inside the three with 44.5% against the two. Texas' bread and butter have been their interior scoring, hitting 51.9% of their two-point attempts. The Longhorns also hit the three well, 36.2% in conference play (3rd) and Kansas holds opponents to 33.9% from deep (5th) in the Big 12."

https://www.nbcsports.com/edge/article/ ... ida-auburn
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Dumb... https://big12sports.com/news/2021/2/23/ ... ments.aspx

No KU/Baylor.

Baylor plays all the top teams in the conference exactly once each.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Baylor plays KU, OU, West Va once.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

We sure that KU/Baylor isn't happening 2/27?