KU at Texas Official Game thread

Kansas Basketball.
twocoach

Re: KU at Texas Official Game thread

Post by twocoach »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:48 pm
twocoach wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:47 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:44 pm

Because you’re a KU basketball fan. It has been much worse.
Yeah, when I was 17. For one year.

I turn 49 in a few weeks.
Talking about the choke jobs. Pretty prevalent under Bill. Of course that means we also smashed the regular season.
How many leads worse than 14 have we lost in the last 15 years?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Leawood wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:49 pm Soft. I am sure he isn’t going after Coach. But he is hot.
No Mason or Graham on this team.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:50 pm
Mjl wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:47 pm
pdub wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:44 pm

But this applies so very much to everyone else on this team.
Believe it or not, and I know most of you don't believe it because you think if a big has it by the basket, he should be able to dunk it like Dok did, but Dave has been 'on' more than rest of the team who doesn't get shit for shooting 30% ( or in Garrett's case, 16% ).
Dave loses us possessions that don't show up in the numbers. A ton of them.

And we don't need him to be able to dunk like Dok. But we need him to be able to make a dunk from point blank with nobody within 5 feet of him. And then, when he misses, to be able to catch the ball instead of tipping it to the other team..
Dave is fine in the right role. Our Coach and fans rely too much on him.
I mean, yes, that's exactly what it is.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

twocoach wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:50 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:48 pm
twocoach wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:47 pm
Yeah, when I was 17. For one year.

I turn 49 in a few weeks.
Talking about the choke jobs. Pretty prevalent under Bill. Of course that means we also smashed the regular season.
How many leads worse than 14 have we lost in the last 15 years?
Talking about the tournament bro, way more painful.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

I swear to you Dave thought we were in man when Texas made the backdoor lob dunk. The previous possession he committed a terrible foul on a rebound. The very next possession he had arguably the worst turnover of the game.

The missed dunk...

The big missed front end miss on the FT...

Ugh. It was rough.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

pflynnku wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:47 pm With Soft Dave out of the game we extend the lead to 11 at halftime. He plays most of the 2nd half and we lose. No defense, no rebounds and can't make a 2-ft shot. Horrible.
Our big man sent the game to OT, left the game in OT with 1:30 left and KU up 2 and was our 3rd leading scorer, while taking 9 shots.

Meanwhile Wilson, Agbaji and Garrett combine for 11-39 from the field and it's DMac's fault.

Love for some of you to sit down in a room with Bill Self and Jay Bilas and talk about your theories.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

I’m not going to just pile it on Dave. Ochai needs to be an Alpha.

Dude had 3 points after halftime.

Continues to shoot 33% from the floor while taking a high volume of shots. He has got to start being more efficient or at the very least making more than 33% of wide open 3s.

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:44 pm

But this applies so very much to everyone else on this team.
Believe it or not, and I know most of you don't believe it because you think if a big has it by the basket, he should be able to dunk it like Dok did, but Dave has been 'on' more than rest of the team who doesn't get shit for shooting 30% ( or in Garrett's case, 16% ).

And we don't need him to be able to dunk like Dok. But we need him to be able to make a dunk from point blank with nobody within 5 feet of him. And then, when he misses, to be able to catch the ball instead of tipping it to the other team..
I am sure Self would happily rely in someone else if they proved to be more reliable. Unfortunately no one else has. Garrett sucks at scoring. Agbaji and Braun disappear frequently. Wilson goes ice cold regularly.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:52 pm
pflynnku wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:47 pm With Soft Dave out of the game we extend the lead to 11 at halftime. He plays most of the 2nd half and we lose. No defense, no rebounds and can't make a 2-ft shot. Horrible.
Our big man sent the game to OT, left the game in OT with 1:30 left and KU up 2 and was our 3rd leading scorer, while taking 9 shots.

Meanwhile Wilson, Agbaji and Garrett combine for 11-39 from the field and it's DMac's fault.

Love for some of you to sit down in a room with Bill Self and Jay Bilas and talk about your theories.
DMac was the recipient of a good bounce and a bad decision by the UT defender. Whoever was standing there was making that play.

The offense dies when we run it through DMac against opponents he can't beat. Agbajo and Braun were spectators, watching McCormack struggle the 2nd half.

And can we fire KT and hire an assistant coach who is an elite teacher of free throws? Good grief, this has become a regular weakness.
Last edited by twocoach on Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pflynnku

Post by pflynnku »

He didn't send the game to overtime. If he'd been able to make one of several simple uncontested dunks there would have been no need for overtime. Comes up short in the biggest games. As I said earlier, I'm sure he's a great guy, but possibly worst big we've had in decades.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

twocoach wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:54 pm

I am sure Self would happily rely in someone else if they proved to be more reliable. Unfortunately no one else has. Garrett sucks at scoring. Agbaji and Braun disappear frequently. Wilson goes ice cold regularly.
Completely missing the point. Have a good evening.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I’m grateful for a lot of what Dave does.

But having to have a touch inside the arc on every possession when we can otherwise spread out and drive, and it’s working?
Last edited by ousdahl on Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Dave missed a dunk and had a really bad turnover late in the game.
He also had 12 points, sent the game into OT, had a clutch assist to start OT, and left the game with KU on top.

Garrett misses a game tying lay in and goes 2-12.
Wilson misses a game tying lay in, key free throws and goes 4-12.
Ochai misses an open jumper from 15 feet, misses a 3 pointer with 30 seconds left, and goes 5-15.

It's all on soft Dave tho.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pflynnku wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:56 pm He didn't send the game to overtime. If he'd been able to make one of several simple uncontested dunks there would have been no need for overtime. Comes up short in the biggest games. As I said earlier, I'm sure he's a great guy, but possibly worst big we've had in decades.
As well as missing the front end of a 1 and 1.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

sdoyel wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:58 pm
As I posted earlier in the thread, I have no idea what the fuck that play was. This would track.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

pflynnku wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:56 pm He didn't send the game to overtime. If he'd been able to make one of several simple uncontested dunks there would have been no need for overtime. Comes up short in the biggest games. As I said earlier, I'm sure he's a great guy, but possibly worst big we've had in decades.
He literally sent the game into overtime.
0:08 David McCormack made Layup. 66 - 66
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:57 pm Dave missed a dunk and had a really bad turnover late in the game.
He also had 12 points, sent the game into OT, had a clutch assist to start OT, and left the game with KU on top.

Garrett misses a game tying lay in and goes 2-12.
Wilson misses a game tying lay in, key free throws and goes 4-12.
Ochai misses an open jumper from 15 feet, misses a 3 pointer with 30 seconds left, and goes 5-15.

It's all on soft Dave tho.
No, it's not all on him. Braun disappeared. Agbaji disappeared. Garrett sucked even worse than usual. Wilson went cold again. It takes a collective effort to choke a 14 point lead.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

pdub wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:52 pm

I wouldn't put too much into Dave sending the game to OT. I'd like to think Mitch, even Gethro, could have sent the game to OT when Sims bails out to block the shot leaving Andrew Jones as the only guy to protect against an offensive rebound. Its not like they threw it in to him and he made a move to get the 2 points, lol.

KU scored as many points in 10 minutes with Wilson at the 5 as they did the other 35.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

A garbage layup.

He also cost his team by dumb foul after dumb foul.

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦