Perspective

Kansas Basketball.
Leawood

Perspective

Post by Leawood »

I still think these kids have it. I like the small line up a lot.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: Perspective

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Playing a lot better than we were.

The execution to finish out the game against a good team was frustrating.

A loss was foreseeable. How we lost is disappointing
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

yeah. it woulda been one thing to be in a dogfight all game and just come down to one play not swinging our way.

but we pissed away a big lead, then had multiple opportunities to tie or lead down the stretch, and kept fucking it up.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

i said this after the baylor game, that it really didn’t look to me that we were so incredibly outmatched as much as it did that we just kept shooting ourselves in the foot
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Except the bad thing for KU each of them still results in a L.

I've said it a million times before and I'll say it again....

Good teams find ways to win and bad ones find ways to lose.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Deleted User 89

very true
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Last night's game is when you'd have Frank 2017, D'Tae 2018 put the team on their back and finish.

One player short.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

or, last night's game is when you'd have a 14 point lead, and finish with a 28 point lead.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:15 am or, last night's game is when you'd have a 14 point lead, and finish with a 28 point lead.
A 14 point lead in the first half, on the road, against a top 15 team is nothing.

You make it sound like we blew a 14 point lead with 3 to play.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

regardless of time in the game, how many other times has a Self KU team blown a 14 point lead?

more often than not, that becomes a bigger lead yet.

but this year isn't like most.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

It happens more often than some think.

About happened Saturday too.

One small gripe that I have about Self is that he's kind of like Andy Reid and the Chiefs. They have a tendency to coast. Which is completely understandable, but it seems like KU doesn't beat teams like a drum anymore. Do they have games where they are clearly better and they are constantly ahead by 10-15 and it stays that way til the end, yeah. But it would be nice to just come out and make a 15 point lead at half a 30 point win.

That doesn't happen much.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:26 amThat doesn't happen much.
College kids and the nature of basketball.

I think it's pretty rare to see a league game just keep stretching a big lead. Now against Omaha, sure.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

That's one thing Roi had over Bill. Get a lead and just put the pedal down.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 89

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:37 am That's one thing Roi had over Bill. Get a lead and just put the pedal down.
lol

was thinking the same
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I'm as much of a Roy guy as anyone but the difference between players then and now is completely different. The talent gap between the top and bottom has shrunk dramatically not to mention with playing teams twice you can't hide or surprise anything. Case in point OU losing to State last night.
Holidaysmore - 2005
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

holidaysmore wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:43 am I'm as much of a Roy guy as anyone but the difference between players then and now is completely different. The talent gap between the top and bottom has shrunk dramatically not to mention with playing teams twice you can't hide or surprise anything. Case in point OU losing to State last night.
Roi did it Saturday against Louisville...with a mediocre UNC team.

19 point lead at halftime, 45 point victory.

Louisville just got off a break, but the point stands. Dude doesn't let off the gas when he has a lead.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:46 am
holidaysmore wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:43 am I'm as much of a Roy guy as anyone but the difference between players then and now is completely different. The talent gap between the top and bottom has shrunk dramatically not to mention with playing teams twice you can't hide or surprise anything. Case in point OU losing to State last night.
Roi did it Saturday against Louisville...with a mediocre UNC team.

19 point lead at halftime, 45 point victory.

Louisville just got off a break, but the point stands. Dude doesn't let off the gas when he has a lead.
Bingo.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Yeah, but I am glad that over the past 17 years we haven't been playing like a Roy Williams defense.

We are witnessing, by KU standards, a down year. 8 out of 10 D1 programs would love for their "down" year to be this horrific.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:56 am Yeah, but I am glad that over the past 17 years we haven't been playing like a Roy Williams defense.

We are witnessing, by KU standards, a down year. 8 out of 10 D1 programs would love for their "down" year to be this horrific.
Yeah, if you picked 100 characteristic of a coach, Self is better at ~75 of them than Roi.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:56 am Yeah, but I am glad that over the past 17 years we haven't been playing like a Roy Williams defense.

Big thing I noticed. ESPN says Kansas, Kentucky, Duke, Michigan State and UNC all having down years. Bitch KU was out of the top 25 for 1 week, for the first time in like 12 years and they are still winning 66% of their games.

FOH with that.