Tristan out

Kansas Basketball.
ousdahl

Re: Tristan out

Post by ousdahl »

“We will be tiny.” Haunk and Marcus as depth at the 5. But still hope to run things through Mitch.

https://www.kansan.com/sports/we-will-b ... 65c4f.html
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

It’s all confusing as hell. If you tested positive at some point you’re no longer contagious. So is that based on number of days post positive test or consecutive days testing positive? Someone could test positive for 2 weeks straight, may not be contagious, right?
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 865

Post by Deleted User 865 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:53 pm
vega wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:40 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:16 pm Matt Tait broke it down in his latest:

March 9: David tests positive. Out for Big 12 tourney, needs 10 days to join bubble in Indy (March 19, Friday). Enaruna out of Big 12 tournament b/c of contact tracing (David's roommate).

March 12: Jalen tests positive. Needs 10 days to join bubble in Indy (March 22, Monday).

March 14: Enaruna tests positive. Needs 10 days to join bubble in Indy (March 24, Wednesday).
So it's just 10 days after you test positive? Not a set number of negative tests? Seems...odd.
Assuming negative test per day, every day.
I mean, if you tested positive March 9, there's no way you're testing negative ten days in a row by March 19. I swear, this tourney is getting bumbled worse than last year.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:16 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:13 pm TGF having a role this year was pretty predictable. I thought it would be a lot because of his NBA athleticism and a little bit because of COVID. Turns out, a lot because of COVID but had to have him all the same. Wish there would have been more time for him to get some clock.
Just going for devil’s advocate downer pity here, but I wonder what this team would have looked like with TGIF getting mire clock during that January loosing streak when everyone else was suddenly so cool with just standing around
Why is it more important for TGF to get clock than it is for our actual rotation players to get clock?

Self tried to give TGF clock and he was awful. There is more to basketball than being athletic. TGF was lost on offense, we couldn't run our full arsenal of plays. Self would have likely overlooked that, but he was equally lost on defense/defensive rotations. Self gave him a chance. Multiple chances.

It's so funny. We have a mediocre team by Kansas standards. We had a rough patch. We worked through it and ended up closing strong and getting a 3 seed. And people still think Self didn't do things right with rotations because they know more having watched zero practice minutes. Self knows when players mess up plays or are lost. We can't always see that from TV as easily.

CB Och Wilson MG and DMac all also benefit from game minutes together. So giving minutes to TGF for the hell of it costs someone higher on the depth chart those minutes. If TGF was better then he'd play more. The best players play the minutes. I trust that Self can identify his best players.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Hi illy! Hope you’re around more. We could use you in the rotation here on the boreds. It’s tournament time and we might have to go deep into the bench.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:15 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:13 pm TGF having a role this year was pretty predictable. I thought it would be a lot because of his NBA athleticism and a little bit because of COVID. Turns out, a lot because of COVID but had to have him all the same. Wish there would have been more time for him to get some clock.
Just going for devil’s advocate downer pity here, but I wonder what this team would have looked like with TGIF getting mire clock during that January loosing streak when everyone else was suddenly so cool with just standing around
Why is it more important for TGF to get clock than it is for our actual rotation players to get clock?

Self tried to give TGF clock and he was awful. There is more to basketball than being athletic. TGF was lost on offense, we couldn't run our full arsenal of plays. Self would have likely overlooked that, but he was equally lost on defense/defensive rotations. Self gave him a chance. Multiple chances.

It's so funny. We have a mediocre team by Kansas standards. We had a rough patch. We worked through it and ended up closing strong and getting a 3 seed. And people still think Self didn't do things right with rotations because they know more having watched zero practice minutes. Self knows when players mess up plays or are lost. We can't always see that from TV as easily.

CB Och Wilson MG and DMac all also benefit from game minutes together. So giving minutes to TGF for the hell of it costs someone higher on the depth chart those minutes. If TGF was better then he'd play more. The best players play the minutes. I trust that Self can identify his best players.
Good post
Just Ledoux it
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:15 pm

Right or wrong, Self said we need him now and he's going to play in a tournament game. So, here we go.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Might free him up a bit honestly. He looks a little lost now that he's asked to do things he's probably never had to do. I have to assume he had the ball in his hands a lot in iso situations in juco and that's just probably not going to be his role here.
Deleted User 865

Has anyone trademarked "2021 NCAA Tournament: The Ultimate Survive and Advance!"

sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Starting 5 Sat?

Garrett
Agbaji
Braun
Thompson
Lightfoot

Bench

Harris
McCormack (limited minutes?)

Not ideal...

This team is going to have to avoid foul trouble and play some really good basketball.

Och needs to have Wayne Selden type performances...
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:40 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:24 pm
TDub wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:21 pm

Marcus

Jalen
I don't recall Marcus at the 5, but perhaps he was. Obviously this all coincides with Bill's introduction into small ball.
Remember in 06-08 with Brush at the 4?

Those were some nasty lineups...then maybe some Travis/Teahaunkey at the 4 but more sparingly?

Then we had Wiggs who woulda been a monster at the 4 but hardly did it, I guess cuz Perry Ellis.

Fast forward to this year, when the roster was specifically built for small ball but still spent much of the season feeding the post anyway
Fuck yeah.

Russell Robinson
Sherron Collins
Mario Chalmers
Brandon Rush
Darrell arthur

that was probably the best lineups weve ever seen on the floor from a pure talent standpoint
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Jossell. Teahan.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

randylahey wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:32 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:24 pm

I don't recall Marcus at the 5, but perhaps he was. Obviously this all coincides with Bill's introduction into small ball.

Those were some nasty lineups...then maybe some Travis/Teahaunkey at the 4 but more sparingly?

Then we had Wiggs who woulda been a monster at the 4 but hardly did it, I guess cuz Perry Ellis.

Fast forward to this year, when the roster was specifically built for small ball but still spent much of the season feeding the post anyway
Fuck yeah.

Russell Robinson
Sherron Collins
Mario Chalmers
Brandon Rush
Darrell arthur

that was probably the best lineups weve ever seen on the floor from a pure talent standpoint
Miles, Langford, Hinrich, Gooden, Collision, isn't anything to scoff at either.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

McCormack has landed in Indy and with the team.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 865

Do we know if J Wills will be available on Monday (still doesn't feel right)?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Self made it sound like depends on when the game is. Early game, probably not, late game, he’s a bit more likely.

I still don’t know if he plays this first weekend.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:23 am McCormack has landed in Indy and with the team.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

InfiniteJ wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:09 pm

Fuck yeah.

Russell Robinson
Sherron Collins
Mario Chalmers
Brandon Rush
Darrell arthur

I loved that offense. but they are just a bunch of soft roibois. who are they gonna guard. but yeah talented
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

InfiniteJ wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:09 pm

Fuck yeah.

Russell Robinson
Sherron Collins
Mario Chalmers
Brandon Rush
Darrell arthur

A decent portion of that roster got fucking WORKED by a Bill Self Illinois team in 01
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy