Season Grades

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 863

Re: Season Grades

Post by Deleted User 863 »

NDballer13 wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:42 am I'm surprised so many people have Harris in the Cs. I would love to go back to preseason threads and see what most of you guys had as expectations for him. Based on expectation, I'd have him at the top with Wilson, personally. A good argument can be made the team was a lot better when he was on the floor and I highly doubt any person on this board was claiming that would be the case in October.
Personally i didn't grade relative to preseason expectations, just on overall performance.

Harris was much better than i expected but still nothing more than an average college player, especially by Kansas standards.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:08 pm
NDballer13 wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:42 am I'm surprised so many people have Harris in the Cs. I would love to go back to preseason threads and see what most of you guys had as expectations for him. Based on expectation, I'd have him at the top with Wilson, personally. A good argument can be made the team was a lot better when he was on the floor and I highly doubt any person on this board was claiming that would be the case in October.
Personally i didn't grade relative to preseason expectations, just on overall performance.

Harris was much better than i expected but still nothing more than an average college player, especially by Kansas standards.
I can understand that, but I just look at it the complete opposite way. If a player is not expected to play much of a role and works himself into being a very key part of the rotation, I don't lower is grade because even though he's much better than anticipated, he's still nowhere near the level of a guy like Jalen Suggs.

I like to grade a guy individually, not based on his comparison to the rest of the players in the pool.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Harris, at least in the latter part of the season, seems to have performed equal to or better than most freshman...even blue blood freshmen
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Harris wasn't all that impactful season long.
If it was solely based on expected impact, i'd have graded him higher than I did - I was factoring in expectations along with total impact ( blend ) in my initial post.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:15 pm Harris, at least in the latter part of the season, seems to have performed equal to or better than most freshman...even blue blood freshmen
I didn't think so. Maybe a few "blue blood freshman", but not most (depending on where you draw the line on "blue blood").

And Harris is a redshirt freshman fwiw. He had an entire year of coaching and practice (even if limited by covid).

He was fine don't get me wrong, and definitely a net positive for the team, but that's a low bar this year.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:23 pm
And Harris is a redshirt freshman fwiw.
I mean, it's not worth anything if we're just talking about how good he was as a freshman.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:58 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:23 pm
And Harris is a redshirt freshman fwiw.
I mean, it's not worth anything if we're just talking about how good he was as a freshman.
As much as I still think we need to recruit over Harris, it is pretty great that he will be a freshman next year and will be his third year in the program.

Most of Self's really good guards are guys that have stuck around.