Major housing crash coming this winter or sooner

Ugh.
Walrus

Re: Major housing crash coming this winter or sooner

Post by Walrus »

:D Maybe it's because they are white supremacists.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

In this post I will quote all of lobsters quality posts.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

:lol:
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Why are you all intolerant of lobbie's lies and bullshit conspiracy theories?

He's the real victim here.
Broham
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

He IS the only expert in all things financial who doesn't own shit....so.....
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

Walrus wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:35 pm Woah, didn't expect a big argument after my big city comment. I was referring to places like Seattle, Los Angeles, Chicago, etc.

chickin, if you repost the tweet, I will address it. I honestly don't remember what tweet you are referring to.
Interesting.

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/26/business ... index.html

My wife and I have been mulling over changing houses instead of investing in our current house and were told not to even bother trying to buy a house because it is so competitive right now.

So maybe the crash is going to be this winter. Or maybe next. Or maybe seven years from now, who knows. What I do know is that it isn't right now.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

^^^^ ive had the same discussions with the the same result/advice. Things are routinely selling for over list. Its crazy. The only good thing aboit it is the rates are so damn good that im in the middle of a refi that drops my percentage by over a full point and only cost me 700 in closing costs. So itll save me money in a couple months instead of years like a a typical refi.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

i’m in the same boat
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Have any of you considered showing the agents or sellers this thread?
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

We just closed on a house in Colorado Springs yesterday. We paid $15k under asking and got a bargain in my opinion. We watched the market for months. One thing I have noticed, and it worked in this case, during this market freak out some sellers are putting houses on the market for much more than they can get for them. Fishing for suckers. The house we bought initially listed for $100k more than we paid when first listed back in November. Once a house sits on the market for more than 3 months, buyer's realtors will stop showing the place. They think the seller or their realtor isn't worth the effort. At some point the seller gets worn out and agrees to sell for a discount because they aren't getting any offers.

Also watch for homes that are listed as pending and then go back on the market. Those houses often have inspection issues. We saw one house that the seller lost 3 buyers due to issues and had to keep disclosing the bad inspection reports. We were about to get involved when someone jumped on it for more than it was worth to us. If you know how to repair a house you can use that to your advantage. There are still bargains out there but you have to look at less conventional ways to find them right now. Patience and looking for things that make other buyers walk away are the key right now. Once buyers and realtors sour on a place, there is opportunity.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Deleted User 89

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/26/how-muc ... -city.html

...Almost regardless of location, prices are rising in face of skyrocketing demand...
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

If you want to live with James Dobson and Focus on the Family. . .
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Leawood wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:31 pm If you want to live with James Dobson and Focus on the Family. . .
We will see how long they are willing to share a street with me.

We have a pool in the backyard and we are turning an old fireplace into a giant bong. The new house is across the street from a Baptist Church. Naked dope smoking pool parties will start in July.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

What is the elevation of Colorado Springs?
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

6,000 feet above sea level.

Not high enough to make me dizzy when I walk, but just enough to make my dick shrink a little when I am there.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Link sent with address in case you want to stop in for acclimation on your way to Solstice.