21-22 lineup

Kansas Basketball.
sdoyel

Re: 21-22 lineup

Post by sdoyel »

Dave has broken bone in foot? Interesting.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

People saying Curry may de-commit??

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Just saw he broke his foot against EWU. Crazy.

With Gethro on his way out and the general consensus he was never going to make it here it begs the question as to why in the world did KU sign him in the first place?
Holidaysmore - 2005
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

hasbeen wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:39 pm I've watched 18 seconds of this individual play basketball and I'm ready to say he has to be the #1 option next year. Our very own Pittsnogle.

Dude is sneaky athletic. Damn.

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Cam looks like the prototypical mid-major Jayhawk killer
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

This guy would eat Mitch Lightfoot's lunch.

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 89

now i wanna know more about the Upper Iowa University Peacocks
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:32 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:12 am So right now are we looking at a rotation of...

PG - Harris Pettiford
SG - CB McKissic
SF - Ochai Bryce
PF - Wilson Clemence
C - McCormack Adams

TyTy and Aidoo would change things again.

Mitch will be a nice leader for the guys.
I hope and expect Bryce will start going forward, even if it means - eeek - that Braun comes off the bench.
I agree about Bryce, but won't be Braun. It'll be Harris.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:57 pm now i wanna know more about the Upper Iowa University Peacocks
When I was still in school, they had to same coach for both the Men's and Women's teams.

You're welcome.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:43 am
TDub wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:33 am Are you new to Bill Self?
That’s true, and Braun may very well start for 3 more years yet.

But doesn’t it feel a little different this year? I think Self is good and tired of being the less athletic team.
You realize Braun is pretty athletic right?

Certainly not any less athletic than Bryce or Harris who you seem to want to have ahead of Braun on your depth chart.

I guess I just don't get why you are so low on Braun and so high on others? Braun has as legit of a shot at turning into an NBA player as anyone on our roster. A perfect comp (in game and skin color) is Joe Harris.

Bryce
Och
Braun
Wilson
DMac

Is a solid core to build around for next year. I am not as sold on Harris as others, but he has experience and will be decent. Just need some youngins.

Maybe Bill's public whining about recruiting is a smoke signal to Adidas to help us out and get us some "real guys"?
Deleted User 89

NDballer13 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:00 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:57 pm now i wanna know more about the Upper Iowa University Peacocks
When I was still in school, they had to same coach for both the Men's and Women's teams.

You're welcome.
saweet!!

thanks
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:06 pm
ousdahl wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:43 am
TDub wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:33 am Are you new to Bill Self?
That’s true, and Braun may very well start for 3 more years yet.

But doesn’t it feel a little different this year? I think Self is good and tired of being the less athletic team.
You realize Braun is pretty athletic right?

Certainly not any less athletic than Bryce or Harris who you seem to want to have ahead of Braun on your depth chart.

I guess I just don't get why you are so low on Braun and so high on others? Braun has as legit of a shot at turning into an NBA player as anyone on our roster. A perfect comp (in game and skin color) is Joe Harris.

Bryce
Och
Braun
Wilson
DMac

Is a solid core to build around for next year. I am not as sold on Harris as others, but he has experience and will be decent. Just need some youngins.

Maybe Bill's public whining about recruiting is a smoke signal to Adidas to help us out and get us some "real guys"?
Or a way to motivate his guys this offseason to get their shit together if they want to play?

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Gotta think the Eastern Washington game and the two brothers made Self want to offer Cam a scholly.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:24 pm Gotta think the Eastern Washington game and the two brothers made Self want to offer Cam a scholly.
Bingo. He looked for a more athletic Tanner Groves and he found him. Bill has never had a stretch 5 like since Kieff. Not even Joel was like this. The 5 man always trails on the secondary break. I could see Martin pulling up with 2-3 3s per game.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Gethro in portal.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:32 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:24 pm Gotta think the Eastern Washington game and the two brothers made Self want to offer Cam a scholly.
Bingo. He looked for a more athletic Tanner Groves and he found him. Bill has never had a stretch 5 like since Kieff. Not even Joel was like this. The 5 man always trails on the secondary break. I could see Martin pulling up with 2-3 3s per game.
That's extremely lofty. I can see the guy making absolutely no impact. As we discussed after the ksu-fhsu game, it is just a very different level of ball.

But, as far as we know, we have 13 scholarships to fill and this is a one-year flyer. There's no harm in seeing what we can get and it's better than having Gethro on the roster.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I'm not saying he necessarily will. Just saying it could happen. I could see it.

He's going to play. Just depends on how much and the situations.

My Groves comparison is a kind of funky white guy who can shoot and hit from 3 if his opponent doesn't take him seriously. Self saw that and decided he wanted to go after someone like that.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

He should definitely push Mitch.

Curry decommitting would also match up.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:45 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:32 pm
That's extremely lofty. I can see the guy making absolutely no impact. As we discussed after the ksu-fhsu game, it is just a very different level of ball.

But, as far as we know, we have 13 scholarships to fill and this is a one-year flyer. There's no harm in seeing what we can get and it's better than having Gethro on the roster.
That's the thing. We're seeing a big roster shake up. But it seems like mostly bench guys (leaving and signing). How much of a difference can they make (for next season) by barely playing?

With the possible exception of Pettiford challenging Harris for the PG spot, none of the guys coming in supplant Och, Braun, Wilson, or McMack...and the guys who left barely played.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 89

Cam might give us some better high-low options, with him up top and DMac on the block