COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:47 pm Just signed up for my 2nd dose of Pfizer. I'm not feeling so good about it now.
No affects from the 1st shot though.
Everyone is different. I was prepared for worse side effects after the 2nd dose based on what was being reported by those who never had covid. Hindsight being 20/20, I would have scheduled this dose for a Friday.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

still have a little bit of injection site soreness, but that’s it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Maine just announced 16+ is now eligible April 7th.
Hopefully I get a text next week from my health care provider.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:46 am
Grandma wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:25 am
sdoyel wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:48 am Don’t put it off. Things like this can happen...

I wonder what would happen if you injected No More Tears Baby Shampoo in your arm.
Sorry, just had a Trump moment.

Being serious, if given a choice I wonder what would be the most popular vaccine and why.
I have to assume it would be the J&J simply because it's just a single dose.

The other wonderful (sarcasm) news I read today is that depending on how you want to interpret it, it's being celebrated that the Pfizer vaccine is "good for" 6 months.
Not sure why I was led to believe that it was manufactured to last longer than that. Maybe it was just hopeful/wishful thinking on my part.
I really don't want to go through another round of annoying bullshit trying to get another vaccine 6 months from now.
6 months is how long they have data for. You can't say it will he good for 10 years until you have people who've had it for 10 years.
AHA! Said the clueless guy (me). Thank you for clarifying.
Makes more sense now in regards to the perceived (by me) excitement I was reading about.
Deleted User 89

i don’t even know what to say

willful ignorance? lack of basic education?

https://khn.org/news/article/rural-shru ... tt-kansas/

i don’t even think it’s all that political
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Being back in KS for awhile now I guess I didn't realize how 'red' this state is once you get outside of KC metro. My parents live in Central KS and driving back and forth I saw more pro-Trump signs than I ever imagined.

You poll most folks who are farmers, ranchers, etc they want nothing to do with the vaccine, especially the older generation. They figured they have lived through just about everything and a disease that they don't believe has a high chance of killing them why would they want to get a vaccine.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Deleted User 89

day 3 of moderna #1 and i feel like death warmed over

can’t recall ever having felt like this...it’s like whole body sickness

if this is what covid is like, fuck that noise. i’m glad i’m going through the more controlled situation
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:42 am day 3 of moderna #1 and i feel like death warmed over

if this is what covid is like, fuck that noise. i’m glad i’m going through the more controlled situation
Were you ever COVID+ or have antibody test?
Deleted User 89

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:45 am
TraditionKU wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:42 am day 3 of moderna #1 and i feel like death warmed over

not that i’m aware of

i was tested once (neg), and didn’t get an antibody test
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:52 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:45 am

not that i’m aware of

i was tested once (neg), and didn’t get an antibody test
This might be a sign that you had it, but that stuff varies.

I am now +2 days of dose 2 and feel about 98%. Side effects were no joke.
Deleted User 89

i seriously don’t even have the energy to do that research right now
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

The exact same response that I had to my first moderna shot. In my experience you'll wake up tomorrow morning feeling like you're 20 years old again.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I'm really nervous for my 2nd moderna in a week. I want the effects. I want to feel sick. And I am planning on that for a good day or 2. Getting the shot Friday afternoon next week.

It's wild that you feel like shit for 24+ hours, and then the fever breaks and you feel like literally nothing happened to you.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Ugh, this is why I stopped getting the fly shot.

Why should I get a preventative vaccine that I knew always made me sick, when I could just take the chance of not getting sick anyway?

But this is about more than just me, I guess.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

JK no it’s not!

How many ousdahls does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

Just one...I hold the bulb up to the socket and then wait for the rest of the world to revolve around me.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I've never had any side effects from the flu vax. Supposedly, covid vax is different because of how potent it is--makes your immune system really work.

I wouldn't call it "sick" either, and the trade off of 24 hour body aches for getting out and living a pretty normal life=yes please.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

^^^^ and right on cue:

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:00 pm ^^^^ and right on cue:

I hope we're doing whatever we can to scientifically confirm that post-vax infection (and outbound transmissibility) is rare enough that we can make going maskless the headline benefit of a vax passport.

We just have to incentivize the shot. Even if transmission can happen in low numbers.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I read that covid vax hesitancy is dropping now that so many have received it and CDC is saying how much you can do after getting it.

Agree, keep incentivizing.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:09 pm I read that covid vax hesitancy is dropping now that so many have received it and CDC is saying how much you can do after getting it.

Agree, keep incentivizing.
So many I know who were anti-vax are now getting the shot because of the general good things heard about it and the more consistent findings by CDC and other organizations.

The supply is there, so it's easier than ever to get it.

Ready for somewhat normalcy across the country by July. Notice how I didn't say the world, because everyone else has their shit together.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG