Major housing crash coming this winter or sooner

Ugh.
Walrus

Re: Major housing crash coming this winter or sooner

Post by Walrus »

You want to know where California is headed? Here's your clue.

"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

had the opportunity to take a job at UF several years ago, but declined

soooo glad i did

coastal property might be the dumbest long-term investment one can make now, particularly in florida
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

I never said investing in coastal Florida was a good idea. More inland is a better investment. Low taxes, family friendly, a less progressive state, good weather. Just gotta watch those hurricanes.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
Deleted User 89

you’re likely a climate change denier, so i’m not even going down that rabbit hole
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

This actually makes a lot of sense. Lobby definitely would be a good Florida Man
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Walrus wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:41 pm Look Overland, I live in California. I can tell you this place is going to hell. Higher taxes, higher crime, insane "progressive" agendas -- not a good place for people with families. Once housing tanks out here, I don't think there will be eager buyers knowing the high costs and insane rules are not worth the squeeze. If you really wanted to buy a home right now, Florida would be the best place for people looking for similar weather as Cali.

Also, Palm Springs is a very service oriented area. That area has been suffering even worse than LA because of the lockdowns. That's the reason why properties in PS are declining.
"Service Oriented area". You seriously simply cannot understand what that means. I assume, again, it is because you cannot afford to use these services.

I am sure any place that a person such as yourself is forced to live truly does suck. That would be the case in most states.

I have proven, and experienced, that properties in Palm Springs are not declining.

Your youtube scare video showing a worst case scenario in NOT PALM SPRINGS isn't going to tell me anything.

You continue to profess your expertise, and I will continue to turn a good profit on my real estate holdings. Deal?
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
Deleted User 89

real estate?

is that where lobs’ expertise resides?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:14 pm real estate?

is that where lobs’ expertise resides?
As with most subjects here, he way over sells his knowledge.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Also, a lot of Asians are getting out of Cali. The violence, drugs, crime, declining schools, etc are convincing a lot of them to move to places like Arizona, Texas, etc. Asians often paid cash for homes out here in the last bull run, and they'll be happy to sell them at the top of the market to suckers. I mean, just look at all the businesses that have left Cali in the last year. Tesla? On the way out. Pinterest paid 89 million to get out of their San Fran lease. They see the writing on the wall. Cali was good place to invest in decades ago, but it's headed towards being something like Detroit.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Walrus wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:08 pm I never said investing in coastal Florida was a good idea. More inland is a better investment. Low taxes, family friendly, a less progressive state, good weather. Just gotta watch those hurricanes.
Um, Florida without the coastal cities...is Mississippi or Alabama. If you believe the coastal cities are going to go in the tank, literally and (correspondingly) economically...there is no good investment in Florida.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Florida is one of the hottest states right now that people are buying cheap homes in. Americans who prefer a less progressive agenda are flocking there. Coastal cities in Florida will not tank like the coastal places in California. It has to do with the government being very different in both states.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Walrus wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:37 pm Florida is one of the hottest states right now that people are buying cheap homes in. Americans who prefer a less progressive agenda are flocking there. Coastal cities in Florida will not tank like the coastal places in California. It has to do with the government being very different in both states.
Just shut up.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Lobs: (Presents logical facts)

Jeep: Just shut up.

:lol:
Deleted User 89

your opinion =\= fact

if i had a nickel for every time i asked you to support your statements with actual facts/data, i’d be able to buy a boat and a house from Plano
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

My close family members in SoCal seem to like it there.
Broham
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

3 weeks ago, it was valued at $220,000. Now it's appreciated $18,000 in 3 weeks? :lol:

Bottom line here, it will be lucky to be valued at $150K in 2022...
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Walrus wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:20 pm 3 weeks ago, it was valued at $220,000. Now it's appreciated $18,000 in 3 weeks? :lol:

Bottom line here, it will be lucky to be valued at $150K in 2022...
I don't know why you can't understand the very data that you provide.

And yes, the owners should blow out the pilot light and just go to sleep. Nostradumbass has sealed their fate.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Walrus wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:51 pm Lobs: (Presents logical facts)
Not one time.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Oh yes, most definitely put all of your nickels and dimes in Florida real estate Wally! That State has a great future ahead of it.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Gainesville should be water front soon.