COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
TDub
Contributor

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by TDub »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:52 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:40 pm Mine was an honest, sincere suggestion. Do with it as you wish.
As was mine. By rarely, I mean probably once a week. Like, I discovered the anti-fog wipes just only recently. Boss actually let me have a few. Worked great. Went out to buy some.

I don't get it, man.
I wear a mask every day. I also have to wear safety glasses every day.

The wipes kinda work.....sometimes. when its 20 degrees out but youre also sweating it is damn near impossible to keep the glasses from fogging up constantly. Its actually pretty terrible and quite frankly a safety hazard when using saws, swinging hammers, driving forklifts etc. But, is what it is i suppose, if we gotta wear the mask then we gotta wear the mask. I hope we dont have to wear the mask indefinitely.
Just Ledoux it
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Got Pfizer #1 this afternoon. No side effects yet other than a sore arm.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

I'm not going to wear a mask forever, but I think moving forward I'll wear one in public when I don't feel well. Seems like a minor inconvenience to help others.
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

hasbeen wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:09 pm I'm not going to wear a mask forever, but I think moving forward I'll wear one in public when I don't feel well. Seems like a minor inconvenience to help others.
It’s what Asian cultures do often. If one has a cough or feels any sort of sickness, they wear a mask.

I imagine it will be more acceptable in the future.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:47 am
hasbeen wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:09 pm I'm not going to wear a mask forever, but I think moving forward I'll wear one in public when I don't feel well. Seems like a minor inconvenience to help others.
It’s what Asian cultures do often. If one has a cough or feels any sort of sickness, they wear a mask.

I imagine it will be more acceptable in the future.
That's true, and my wife often does this when she's traveling. I think it may be a good idea to wear masks when you are on a plane, bus or train. Wearing one when you are outside in the open fresh air, makes no sense to me. However, they should be voluntary. I highly encourage someone who is sick to wear them.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

TDub wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:21 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:52 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:40 pm Mine was an honest, sincere suggestion. Do with it as you wish.
As was mine. By rarely, I mean probably once a week. Like, I discovered the anti-fog wipes just only recently. Boss actually let me have a few. Worked great. Went out to buy some.

I don't get it, man.
I wear a mask every day. I also have to wear safety glasses every day.

The wipes kinda work.....sometimes. when its 20 degrees out but youre also sweating it is damn near impossible to keep the glasses from fogging up constantly. Its actually pretty terrible and quite frankly a safety hazard when using saws, swinging hammers, driving forklifts etc. But, is what it is i suppose, if we gotta wear the mask then we gotta wear the mask. I hope we dont have to wear the mask indefinitely.
I wonder if the snorkel mask antifogging spritz would work on the glasses
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

My ~40 year old, very fit neighbor was out mowing his lawn with a mask on today. I don’t get it. That seems purely performative.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

could always go the face shield route, TDub

paired with a gator, it might actually be preferable in your line of work if it isn’t too bulky or intrusive
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jfish26 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:50 pm My ~40 year old, very fit neighbor was out mowing his lawn with a mask on today. I don’t get it. That seems purely performative.
Allergies..?
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Ok, gloom and doom time. Look at what is currently going on in Michigan and then try and convince me that Covid-19 and ALL the strains are not going to continue to be a major problem in/for the foreseeable future.
I sure hope I am wrong but I think this shit is going to go on and on and on - maybe forever.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/michigan-c ... epicenter/
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Grandma wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:42 pm Ok, gloom and doom time. Look at what is currently going on in Michigan and then try and convince me that Covid-19 and ALL the strains are not going to continue to be a major problem in/for the foreseeable future.
I sure hope I am wrong but I think this shit is going to go on and on and on - maybe forever.

Nothing there indicates vaccinated people are getting or spreading it
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Grandma wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:42 pm Ok, gloom and doom time. Look at what is currently going on in Michigan and then try and convince me that Covid-19 and ALL the strains are not going to continue to be a major problem in/for the foreseeable future.

not out of the realm of possibility
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:50 pm My ~40 year old, very fit neighbor was out mowing his lawn with a mask on today. I don’t get it. That seems purely performative.
People are finding out that the pile of disposable masks they have for covid are also useful at generally keeping junk out of their lungs. We are cleaning out our family farm and the century of mouse shit and dust is mind boggling. We all wore disposable masks while we worked. I can see someone whose yard is really dry and dusty benefiting from wearing a mask, especially if they have some lung issues.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

I got the Johnson & Johnson vaccine yesterday so I am good to go. When I signed up, it was for the Moderna shot but when I got there they said they had J&J so I took it. A tiny bit of a headache and a little stiff shoulder but other than that, no side effects at all. My 18 year old gets her first shot on Thursday.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Mrs. Fish gets her second Pfizer today. And the toddler was up all night with breathing problems.

Going to be a banner day here in the Fish tank.
Deleted User 289

twocoach wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:58 am I got the Johnson & Johnson vaccine yesterday so I am good to go. When I signed up, it was for the Moderna shot but when I got there they said they had J&J so I took it. A tiny bit of a headache and a little stiff shoulder but other than that, no side effects at all. My 18 year old gets her first shot on Thursday.
You are NOT "good to go" - just yet.
I have a bad feeling this is one of the reasons why we are having so many issues with vaccinated people.
You don't have "immunity" immediately after getting the vaccine. It takes time. According to the CDC, a couple of weeks.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Grandma wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:22 am
twocoach wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:58 am I got the Johnson & Johnson vaccine yesterday so I am good to go. When I signed up, it was for the Moderna shot but when I got there they said they had J&J so I took it. A tiny bit of a headache and a little stiff shoulder but other than that, no side effects at all. My 18 year old gets her first shot on Thursday.
I have a bad feeling this is one of the reasons why we are having so many issues with vaccinated people.
You don't have "immunity" immediately after getting the vaccine. It takes time. According to the CDC, a couple of weeks.
I just meant that I don't have to go back for a second shot. I am aware of the time frames involved, I read the document they provided.
Deleted User 289

twocoach wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:30 am
Grandma wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:22 am
I just meant that I don't have to go back for a second shot. I am aware of the time frames involved, I read the document they provided.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

I think the riskiest behavior I have coming up is some beers on the back porch with a few couples in a few weeks. Other than that it's just work, work, work.
Deleted User 289

Enjoy the beers on the back porch! One of the many things I have learned this past year is never take "simple things" for granted and find something to enjoy each and every day.