I just saw a kid shot in the head

Coffee talk.
ChalkRocker

Re: I just saw a kid shot in the head

Post by ChalkRocker »

'cept he's right
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Let it go chalk, You're a reasonable fella. Give gutter this one.
Just Ledoux it
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

What's to let go of? I haven't been ridin' him. At all.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Im just saying let your past history with gutter go and let him have this one. Its a tough deal, I know. He doesn't (and no one does) need Cascadias complete bullshit act to run in and try and be the super cool guy with his fake ass tough asshole bs.
Just Ledoux it
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

Agree to disagree. Gutter's history goes back quite a way. You may or may not have been around for all of it.

Anyway, sounds like you're wrestling w/ a history of your own.

Still not sure what "let him have this one" means. Peace, dub
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Sorry, but I'm not alone when it comes to gutter. He's been posting bullshit story after bullshit story for 15+ years. He ruins nearly every thread the touches and he's constantly trying to shit on KU fans who are having a good time. If it was 2 of those 3, I could maybe give him a pass. But, he's a fucking asshole and a psychotic asshole at that.

Don't worry though, he has no real life friends so he'll be back with another unoriginal username. Probably something stupid like Aunt______
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Gutter does have a very long and lengthy history of co-opting other peoples tragedies, triumphs and fame.....and making it is own.

I have seen plenty of bad things, perhaps i am a bit jaded.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

While Gutter may not have seen the actual shooting, he saw the kid's mom taking him into the ER. Perhaps he should have said "I saw a kid who was shot in the head". This obviously traumatized him and he should be given some slack and some empathy. He seemed to be hurting.

Cascade is an asshole and tdub rightly called him out on it.
Broham
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:42 pm

"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:42 pm While Gutter may not have seen the actual shooting, he saw the kid's mom taking him into the ER. Perhaps he should have said "I saw a kid who was shot in the head". This obviously traumatized him and he should be given some slack and some empathy. He seemed to be hurting.

But, no, he didn’t.

And that’s the problem.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I would say I dont understand why posters participate in a thread started by someone they dont like and continue to respond to said poster they dont like instead of just foe'ing them and avoiding their posts.

But that seems to be too difficult.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

pdub wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:03 am I would say I dont understand why posters participate in a thread started by someone they dont like and continue to respond to said poster they dont like instead of just foe'ing them and avoiding their posts.

I totally agree. I don’t understand why gutter can’t stop ruining every thread he touches with either anti-KU remarks and/or 8-9 paragraph psycho babble rants.

But that seems to be too difficult
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Who started this thread?
And who is still posting in it?
Deleted User 865

Post by Deleted User 865 »

pdub wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:03 am I would say I dont understand why posters participate in a thread started by someone they dont like and continue to respond to said poster they dont like instead of just foe'ing them and avoiding their posts.

Because there’s no repercussions of anything on this site, except that you don’t like politics. So users take it on themselves to shout down the trolls/anti-vax/racist shit and you just complain that something is too political when it’s exactly on topic
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Politics bored is like a big family cookout at big rented outdoor space - you've got your crazy uncle showing up so you need to be prepared for him to say things you don't agree with. You can not go to the cookout. Or, since the space is big, you can hang out in another area, and ignore your uncle. But the park staff isn't going to be sitting there listening to your uncle and judging whether you like what he is saying or not. If he starts lighting fireworks or tries to burn down the campsite, then the park staff will step in ( and have ).

Off Topic is more like a public park space. Your crazy uncle can be there too. But it is more policed. And has been. Maybe not to the level you like, but we all have different opinions on policing.

The other boreds are like a casual work environment. Staying on topic ( hence Off Topic bored ) is highly preferred and your crazy uncle will quickly get booted if he's spewing UFO theories while working. If he's just there doing his job but you are shitting on him for what he said at the big family cookout, then you're actually the one causing the issue at work.

It's subjective. But those are the general rules here.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

The problem with your analogy is that the crazy uncle at the cookout has been spewing racist shit for months and has essentially taken on the role of an active shooter.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

and the problem with your analogy is that the uncle already left and you’re still here making everyone else listen to keep ranting...who’s the crazy uncle now?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Besides, within the analogy of families, gutter is a less of an uncle and more the grandma
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:43 am and the problem with your analogy is that the uncle already left and you’re still here making everyone else listen to keep ranting...who’s the crazy uncle now?
Jesus Christ dude, keep up. The crazy uncle is clearly Lobby.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

wait, but this isn’t the housing market thread...

besides, lobby is more the prepubescent cousin who no one takes seriously when he starts running his mouth about how hot his Internet girlfriend is.

Apparently she was so impressed by him price gouging her fam on masks that she might even send a full body pic soon!