21-22 lineup

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 863

Re: 21-22 lineup

Post by Deleted User 863 »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:18 pm
pdub wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:09 pm LOL at Jalen being a good 6th man.
He started 26 of 29 games as freshman, 1 of which was in November, and another was after he was recovering from COVID.
These two things can both be true: (1) he should have started that many games, on the roster we had, and (2) we would have been much better if the roster was such that he didn't deserve to start 26 games.
Sure, we would have been better with can't miss future NBA players at every single position. Unfortunately we don't have a single one of those on our roster this year or next year.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:19 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:14 pm
ousdahl wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:11 pm ^^^^

Enjoy senior night, but otherwise, RIP Mitch.

But I guess I’m bullish on Jalen. I don’t think Self would 6th man our best rebounder by a margin. And like I said, if his shots start falling, he could quickly look like the best player on the team.

6th man should be Braun, but knowing Self, that dude’s starting for the next 3 years here while others ride pine then transfer.
I didn't understand it would be that hard to comprehend. Well, for some posters, sure.

Jalen starts every single game next season, but his talent and skill level right now scream a rotation player on a good team. Had he stayed with UMich, he would not have started for them this past season. Seems like a baller that you just want on your team. Not unlike your avatar, who didn't start until his 4th season in the program.
If Jalen's talent and skill level scream "rotation player" then all of our guys talent and skill level scream "rotation player".

If Jalen only qualifies as a rotation player then someone with Harris' talent/skill level wouldn't qualify as anything other than warm body on bench cheering for the rotation players.
I don't disagree much at all with that.

This past team was kind of just a bunch of guys. No dudes.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:20 pm
jfish26 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:18 pm
pdub wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:09 pm LOL at Jalen being a good 6th man.
He started 26 of 29 games as freshman, 1 of which was in November, and another was after he was recovering from COVID.
These two things can both be true: (1) he should have started that many games, on the roster we had, and (2) we would have been much better if the roster was such that he didn't deserve to start 26 games.
Sure, we would have been better with can't miss future NBA players at every single position. Unfortunately we don't have a single one of those on our roster this year or next year.
That says more about the program than it does Jalen.

He's Marcus Morris-lite. That's an enormous compliment, that for some reason gets taken as an insult.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:20 pm Bryce gets a grade of “incomplete” this season.

If that okie st didn’t top jump onto his hand, his and our narrative could have been completely different this season.
Ok, but he wasn't exactly Jalen Suggs before then.
Deleted User 863

Some of our player evaluators on here leave me head scratching.

Hard on guys like Jalen Och DMac and CB....but praise Harris who is awful compared to those guys.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Jalen is a freshman.
Next year he will be sophomore.
I think he improves. I think he improves more than others.
I think he will be one of the best ( at least top 3 ) players on our team.

He was good this season. We will be good next season.
Top 10 good ( if Ochai stays ).
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:11 pm ^^^^

Enjoy senior night, but otherwise, RIP Mitch.

But I guess I’m bullish on Jalen. I don’t think Self would 6th man our best rebounder by a margin. And like I said, if his shots start falling, he could quickly look like the best player on the team.

6th man should be Braun, but knowing Self, that dude’s starting for the next 3 years here while others ride pine then transfer.
I didn't understand it would be that hard to comprehend. Well, for some posters, sure.

Jalen starts every single game next season, but his talent and skill level right now scream a rotation player on a good team. Had he stayed with UMich, he would not have started for them this past season. Seems like a baller that you just want on your team. Not unlike your avatar, who didn't start until his 4th season in the program.
If Jalen's talent and skill level scream "rotation player" then all of our guys talent and skill level scream "rotation player".

If Jalen only qualifies as a rotation player then someone with Harris' talent/skill level wouldn't qualify as anything other than warm body on bench cheering for the rotation players.
Yes. We had a team of Robins with no Batmen.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:23 pm Jalen is a freshman.

He is a RS freshman. Next year...I think he'll still be a RS freshman actually?
Deleted User 863

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:21 pm

I don't disagree much at all with that.

This past team was kind of just a bunch of guys. No dudes.
Fair enough....and i do see your point, especially when looking at how these guys stack up against our former players during the Self era.

I do not think we have a single person on this team that would be in the top 6 of their position at KU during the Self era.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:22 pm
ousdahl wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:20 pm Bryce gets a grade of “incomplete” this season.

If that okie st didn’t top jump onto his hand, his and our narrative could have been completely different this season.
Of course he wasn’t.

But he also got hurt during the time of season many of our other top-ranked freshman tend to turn a corner.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:24 pm

When you put it that way, dude is poised to set all sorts of freshman stats records.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Harris, too. So, when they play like shit we can use the ol' "he's just a freshman!" excuse.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:27 pm

When you put it that way, dude is poised to set all sorts of freshman stats records.
60 starts as a freshman, not out of reach.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:26 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:22 pm

Of course he wasn’t.

But he also got hurt during the time of season many of our other top-ranked freshman tend to turn a corner.
Many of our top ranked freshman never turn a corner....best case is he was going to take Harris minutes, but thats about it. He was average at best prior to the injury. Don't think it was really a meaningful factor in our season.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:28 pm
ousdahl wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:27 pm

60 starts as a freshman, not out of reach.
60 more than Wilt!

I can't believe I had the audacity to be critical of him.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

He's been a debbie downer since the USC L.
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

I actually wasn't a huge Jalen fan all year, but he has a tremendous feel for the game. An offseason working on the outside stroke will give him a big jump next year. I don't think he can ever be your #1 on offense, but he presents matchup problems. Automatic starter.
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

I don't think this will be popular opinion, but with the lineup as it stands now, I would go
Harris
Yesufu
Ochai
Wilson
Dave

With Thompson, Braun, and Martin being the reserves (since Self doesn't generally go more than 8 deep, regardless of how deep we think we are every off-season).
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Mjl wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:49 pm I don't think this will be popular opinion, but with the lineup as it stands now, I would go
Harris
Yesufu
Ochai
Wilson
Dave

With Thompson, Braun, and Martin being the reserves (since Self doesn't generally go more than 8 deep, regardless of how deep we think we are every off-season).
That's not a bad lineup and rotation at all. Think Clemence gets some run though as Wilson's backup.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

Mjl wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:49 pm I don't think this will be popular opinion, but with the lineup as it stands now, I would go
Harris
Yesufu
Ochai
Wilson
Dave

I could see that, especially if Bill tells Braun to come off the bench and shoot literally every time he touches it. That could be helpful for him.

My issue with Harris is that in every game he looks like the little kid who plays pickup with the older kids and everyone freaks out when he makes a 3 because he's 10 years younger than everyone else.
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser