COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
jhawks99
Contributor

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by jhawks99 »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:00 pm
ousdahl wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:56 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:23 pm just more stupidity.
It was either that, or “well you can’t spell cutie without U-T-I...”
was responding to pdub, I didn't clarify that since I think you're posts don't warrant attention.

Oussie, you got to up your game if'in you want to be worthy of a response from PhD.
Broham
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah, bummer.

If my discussion on English muffins didn’t get a response from him, nothing will.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Just got Moderna 1st shot thanks to a last minute opening.

Feel like a million bucks!

Fuck you Lobby!
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

Great book btw, best read of the whole pandemic

"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

The “vaccine passport” thing becoming a front in the culture wars just reveals that there is no Republican Party, just a Party of Trump.

The Republican Party would not take a stand in favor of government telling private business to whom they are allowed to deny/restrict service.

The Party of Trump, of course, will. Because there is no motivating principle other than owning the libs.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

it’s been that way since Obama took office, but trump just heightened it

just ask mcconnell
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Pretty sure it’s been that way, or at least got its footing, ever since “conservative media” became a thing.

...but hey, at least it saved AM radio?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:35 am it’s been that way since Obama took office, but trump just heightened it

just ask mcconnell
This was certainly a significant accelerant. And, the obvious conclusion is probably the correct one.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Oh shoot, thought this was the pols bored.

Anywho so I’ve expressed my hesitation to get the vaccine, really just out of fear of needles.

But I talked to my brother and he said one of the symptoms of covid is...ED? Is that for real?

anywho so I’m making a vaccine appointment today.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

I didn't feel either of my shots. Just look away . . .
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:03 am Oh shoot, thought this was the pols bored.

Anywho so I’ve expressed my hesitation to get the vaccine, really just out of fear of needles.

But I talked to my brother and he said one of the symptoms of covid is...ED? Is that for real?

I freak out at the thought of needles. Every time the news comes on they show some guy getting jabbed. It sends me to immediate freak out mode and I have to look away or leave the room. The shot wasn't a big deal and it did not hurt, but that ain't the point is it? It's the thought of that metal spike poking through my skin. Yikes. Fortunately, the young lady who administered it understood, I looked away and got it done. I suppose it helped that there were about 200 people in close proximity and I didn't want to be that guy curled up in a fetal position whimpering.
Broham
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Is it weird that I watch the needle?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

You're dead to me
Broham
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:03 am Oh shoot, thought this was the pols bored.

And if that is not enough to get you to stop acting like a pussy, a friend in NJ had covid 4 months ago and he still can't taste beer. So he quit drinking. Hopefully he gets his taste buds back before Solstice or eating the tortas at Fernandez Tacqueria is going to be soul crushingly disappointing.

Just look the other way as soon as you sit down and you will barely know it happened. When they give hundreds of shots a day, they get really good at it. It is quick and pretty much painless. Bring your vaccine passport in June, it's the only way you will get access to the Empire.

Except for you Wally.

You will be welcome regardless because we can't wait to meet you. The VIP party will start about 6:00 PM on June 18, just look for the blinking lights next door to the liquor store and come on in.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

Unfortunately, for me, at my age, and my bank account, ED is not an issue. But, happy times ahead.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

defixione wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:11 am I didn't feel either of my shots. Just look away . . .
^^^^^
i was actually anticipating a prick, but didn’t feel a thing
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Leawood wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:52 am Unfortunately, for me, at my age, and my bank account, ED is not an issue. But, happy times ahead.
POTD
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Just remember to call a doctor if it lasts more than 4 hours
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

No expert here, but after reading a little about mRNA vaxes, it’s clear to me that we know far, far less about COVID-19 than we do mRNA vaxes.

The arguments against the vax just keep falling shorter.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:58 am
defixione wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:11 am I didn't feel either of my shots. Just look away . . .
^^^^^
i was actually anticipating a prick, but didn’t feel a thing
I'm a watcher. I have no issues with vaccinations or draws.