COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
MICHHAWK

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by MICHHAWK »

My immediate family already has herd immunity. It's time to live again.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:57 am The “vaccine passport” thing becoming a front in the culture wars just reveals that there is no Republican Party, just a Party of Trump.

The Republican Party would not take a stand in favor of government telling private business to whom they are allowed to deny/restrict service.

The Party of Trump, of course, will. Because there is no motivating principle other than owning the libs.
That's because it should be illegal and wrong. It goes against everything America stands for. Maybe you want America to become like China, but I do not.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:36 am My immediate family already has herd immunity. It's time to live again.
Regardless of what you and your family do, (In the ONE state having the worst time of it right now)
you should still want the vast majority of the population to be vaccinated. It's better for business, better for the health of our country, better for you...it would even make that 95% protection inch closer to 100% protection.

If vaccinated people going out and living normal lives encourages more to be vaccinated, that's great. But I think the unvaccinated tend to be the ones ignoring mask wearing, social distancing, not attending group events, etc.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Walrus wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:40 am
jfish26 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:57 am The “vaccine passport” thing becoming a front in the culture wars just reveals that there is no Republican Party, just a Party of Trump.

The Republican Party would not take a stand in favor of government telling private business to whom they are allowed to deny/restrict service.

The Party of Trump, of course, will. Because there is no motivating principle other than owning the libs.
That's because it should be illegal and wrong. It goes against everything America stands for.
So you are for infringing on the freedoms of private businesses in the US. Noted.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:49 am

That's because it should be illegal and wrong. It goes against everything America stands for.
So you are for infringing on the freedoms of private businesses in the US. Noted.
I was speaking more about travel. Private business can do what they want, but only the stupid ones will require it. Losing up to 40% of your customers is not good business. I expect the few that do decide will change course very quickly once their bottom line is smaller.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Michigan is the best. The trees are budding. Flowers are popping. Grass is greening. It is 75 degrees outside right now. Spring sports are in full swing. Boats are getting in the water. Most every person I know has had at least 1 shot of the vaccine. Many have had both.

It is a glorious time to be in Michigan. It's time to live again.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

That's because it should be illegal and wrong. It goes against everything America stands for. Maybe you want America to become like China, but I do not.
Do you even know what you're arguing for? Or against?

I mean, specifically, not in terms of talking points.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Walrus wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:51 am

I was speaking more about travel. Private business can do what they want, but only the stupid ones will require it. Losing up to 40% of your customers is not good business. I expect the few that do decide will change course very quickly once their bottom line is smaller.
You're saying this should be illegal and wrong, and goes against everything America stands for.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I was speaking more about travel.
Travel is not a right guaranteed to anyone, anywhere.

There are plenty out there, like me, that will prioritize travel to countries with mandated pre-testing and even vax passport. I can't wait, it's going to be great.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:52 am Michigan is the best. The trees are budding. Flowers are popping. Grass is greening. It is 75 degrees outside right now. Spring sports are in full swing. Boats are getting in the water. Most every person I know has had at least 1 shot of the vaccine. Many have had both.

Damn the torpedoes.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

airlines are private businesses in the US to my knowledge. And Italy is already unAmerican, so I think foreign countries will be fine with being UnAmerican in terms of requiring vaccines.

Walrus

Post by Walrus »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:56 am

You're saying this should be illegal and wrong, and goes against everything America stands for.
No. I was saying travel and anything government related should not require a vaccine mandate. Private businesses will destroy themselves if they choose this path. The difference is, in private business, you have competition. You don't with the government.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

And the struggling airline will only struggle more should they require it... People will just drive.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

And we do require vaccinations already for immigrant visas. How American is that?

https://www.uscis.gov/tools/designated- ... quirements
Under the immigration laws of the United States, a foreign national who applies for an immigrant visa abroad, or who seeks to adjust status to a permanent resident while in the United States, is required to receive vaccinations to prevent the following diseases:

Mumps
Measles
Rubella
Polio
Tetanus and Diphtheria Toxoids
Pertussis
Haemophilus influenzae type B
Hepatitis B
Any other vaccine-preventable diseases recommended by the Advisory Committee for Immunization Practices

The Advisory Committee for Immunization Practices (ACIP) is an advisory committee to the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)/Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) that recommends immunizations for the general U.S. population. Starting Dec.14, 2009, when the ACIP recommends new vaccines for the general U.S. population, CDC will assess whether these vaccines should be required for immigration purposes on a regular and on an as-needed basis according to specific criteria set by CDC.

CDC is responsible for publishing the Technical Instructions for the Medical Examination of Aliens in the United States. These documents set the requirements for the immigrant medical examination and are binding on civil surgeons. The Technical Instructions include a vaccination component, specifying how the civil surgeon has to conduct the vaccination assessment. The civil surgeon records the results of the medical examination, including the results of the vaccination assessment, on USCIS Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record.

If a foreign national applies for an immigrant visa abroad, that individual has to receive the medical examination by a panel physician designated by the U.S. Department of State (DOS). CDC issues separate instructions to panel physicians designated by DOS to conduct medical examinations abroad. For more information about panel physicians, please consult DOS' website at http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants ... _3739.html.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:01 pmAnd we do require vaccinations already for immigrant visas. How American is that?
Oh yeah, that too.

Dr. Oz is floored right now.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Walrus wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:00 pm And the struggling airline will only struggle more should they require it... People will just drive.
The majority who are vaccinated and support vaccines will be MORE likely to fly if they know unvaccinated don't

And, I'd also like to know about the socio-economic status of anti-vaxxers. How many of those ludites do you think can even afford a plane ticket? I mean, you can't afford a refrigerator or a towing bill, I don't you're flying a whole hell of a lot.

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Walrus wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:00 pm
jfish26 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:56 am

No. I was saying travel and anything government related should not require a vaccine mandate. Private businesses will destroy themselves if they choose this path. The difference is, in private business, you have competition. You don't with the government.
Again, do you know what specifically you're arguing for and against?

Florida's governor, and other red states' governors will follow, are saying it is illegal for private businesses to require proof of vaccination as a condition to being served.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:52 am Michigan is the best. The trees are budding. Flowers are popping. Grass is greening. It is 75 degrees outside right now. Spring sports are in full swing. Boats are getting in the water. Most every person I know has had at least 1 shot of the vaccine. Many have had both.

14% fully vaccinated and highest rate of new cases per day and going up.

Shit hole. I hope it falls off into the great lakes.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:02 pmAnd, I'd also like to know about the socio-economic status of anti-vaxxers. How many of those ludites do you think can even afford a plane ticket? I mean, you can't afford a refrigerator or a towing bill, I don't you're flying a whole hell of a lot.
I am guessing there's not a lot of overlap between those at the Texas Rangers games and those flying to Iceland this summer.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:02 pm
Walrus wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:00 pm And the struggling airline will only struggle more should they require it... People will just drive.
The majority who are vaccinated and support vaccines will be MORE likely to fly if they know unvaccinated don't

And, I'd also like to know about the socio-economic status of anti-vaxxers. How many of those ludites do you think can even afford a plane ticket? I mean, you can't afford a refrigerator or a towing bill, I don't you're flying a whole hell of a lot.
Hey, he made a killing on selling PPE to his relatives.
Broham